1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaun Suisham advice and general comments.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 18, 2014.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I haven't been able to watch him much cause I don't get Steelers games..
    I'll get straight to the point though.

I am in the finals fo FF with $$ on the line. I just picked him up in league for this last game

I have been using Steve Haushka all season and he has performed well but it also seems that the Steelers stall alot in the redzone and have to kick field goals. Especially at the beginning of the season.

Suisham is projected to get 14 pts. and Haushka 9.

Seattle plays in Az. Pitt at home against KC.

Who would yinz go with?

BTW - I thought I would miss Jeff Reed but not so much. Suisham has been a good pick up.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Extra points for over 50 yards? If so the not Suisham if you league uses just the 3 points for a field goal and 1 for extra points 5hen Suisham might be the guy to go to. PwP said that KC is tough in the redzone so Field goals might be plentiful.

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    This is a no brainer. Heinz Field is a tough place for kickers. Always has been.

If you set your lineup during the season based on projected points Im surprised your in your SB!!!

4. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

3 Pts 39 or less yards. 4 pts 40-49. 5 Pts 50+

5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    No. I'm in the Superbowl because I have a loaded team full of talented players. While some may have a down week. Others really stepped up.

6. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Think thats how every team makes their SB. Thats how I made mine.:rolleyes:

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Well then thats a crap shoot because we know Suisham won't nail anything over 50 or at least consistently but he is money under 40.

I had a pretty stacked team then everyone decided to get hurt, have a down week, blow out their elbow and then suffer a leg injury, start guys who lit it up the week before but were on the bench only to have them stink. Have a 45 point week from my defense only to turn around and get 9 points the next game. If you would have told me I wouldn't win 8 games with Rodgers, Megatron, Sammy Watkins, and Julius Thomas I'd have laughed.

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I would have too. But you didnt......It is FANTASY!!:shrug:

9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Isn't that the truth, just not my year last week was an all time low, scored just 54 points had more than that sitting on my bench, bad week for my fantasy hockey team too, Crosby out sick, didn't know Letang was back so lost my top scorer and my top scoring blueliner, my goalies were crap all week. Good thing is its a new week and everything changes.

10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'd take Suisham. While the scoring figures to be riddled with FG's from both kickers, I like our chances of putting up more points on KC than Seattle will drop on AZ. It wouldn't surprise me if our game was more along the lines of 26-17 or something like that while Seattles game could be 10-9 or less. Good luck in your Fantasy game.

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Go with Hushka. He will be kicking indoors, field goals more likely with two good defenses in that game.

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would go with Suisham . KC gives up a lot of yards between the 20 's . So I predict one of 2 things that a lot of FG'S for Suisham or a lot of extra points if we figure out the Redzone . Either way I like your chances of getting solid points..

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Agreed, take the Seattle kicker, Russell Wilson has been struggling to get into the end zone so I'd expect more struggles and field goals. Pitt is just hard to predict which offense will show up..... especially at home.