1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Superbowl predictions and the state of the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 18, 2014.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    So in preseason I had one of my gut feelings and I predicted a Dallas superbowl this year (ugh it pains me to say that). As time went on I kept up with the Steelers and things kept piling on. I keep building up which what feels like a magical year again. I keep telling myself "maybe Dallas won't win this year, maybe it will be Pittsburgh"! Oh, how that sounds so great. So yeah we don't have a defense, but I tell you what. It has slowly been getting better. We have beaten good teams this year, no problem. These are some thoughts that have me routing towards a Steelers superbowl this year.

-40 years Deja vu video
    - All these records constantly being broken
    - Ben wants to win. He wants to surpass Bradshaw
    - We are gelling at the right time

So yeah even if we don't win this year... we have a couple of pieces on defense missing that can make us downright scary. If of course, our offense stays healthy and keeps producing.

I am giving up a lot of things just so Steelers can keep piling on wins. I know it's superstition but...

I BELIEVE

2. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I have exactly 35,000 reasons I would like to see the Steelers win the SB this year. They have it right in front of them. Win the next two games at home against teams that are certainly not top tier teams and both of which are very beatable. If the Steelers don't have the heart and guts to take care of business the next two weeks then they don't deserve to go anywhere but home till next year. If they win the next two then we roll the dice and see what happens.

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

:this!: I Hope 35,000 reasons are returned to you!!

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Fan,
    You did not go out on a limb there Haha.
    GOING FOR 7 Y'ALL

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    aLSO i CAN GET 35,000 REASONS IF THE STOCK i BOUGHT THE OTHER DAY GOES TO 3.5 CENTS
    Sorry about the caps, stuck. Too much to retype

6. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    There are pills to help that..

Sorry.. Couldn't resist.

I really try to keep myself from singing "Ive Got A Feeling".. for fear of a jinx.

But maybe my towel will get to see some light again soon.

For you younger peeps.. the towels originally came out for playoffs.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lol good one, I wish pills did help haha.

All I'm saying is this team might be special.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I had a pretty good feeling last year down the stretch when we started waking up, only to see it erased by a pretty good kicker. The teams more Jekyll and Hyde this year, although it's been in a better and more stable fashion. I think this O can hang with anyone... If it shows up. And it needs to show up to do so being that the D is only gonna get a few stops. The saints and falcons games should've been burials, but the O settled for 3 while the D was fresh and making stops. I'm talking over at halftime type of showings is what this O can do, enough atleast to allow the D too seemingly make it closer than what it was... Kind of like N.O. Did.

I think we can rumble and be dangerous, but only because they've shown me we can... Sporadically if nothing else.