1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Bryant featured on rising stars

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Hopefully he will keep pushing himself and working hrd, U gota love how he " AB" with " CUIUPU" :herewego!:

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers may have gotten the steal of the draft in Bryant.

4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    My cousin and I both were talking before the draft about wanting Bryant. He was constantly overlooked at Tater Tech because of Smokin' Sammy. I shook my head when we passed on him in the 3rd round...could not believe he was still available in the 4th.

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Loved the pick now go get some kiddo

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    "The offensive coordinator tried to get me to quit." LOL!!!

Enjoyed this immensely. Bryant is a BEAST! Did you see how ripped that guy is? Wow! He's not a skinny guy by any stretch of the imagination.

Another observation. Lance Moore seems like a really heady guy.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Cheers for posting, enjoyed watching this.

The ethic amongst the wide receiver corps seems to have come a long way from the "young money crew". Just hope we can keep this group together for a few years.

8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Bryant is NOT a beast!!! I'll go as far as to say I'm not sure he's a real good WR....yet. Megatron is a beast.

Bryant is not a good rte runner. He rounds off his cuts coming out of them way too slow. His success is currently mainly due to he gets "lost" by the defense.

On the other side I was pumped we got him in the 4th. I'm thrilled to see him have some success this early but hope it doesn't go to his head and hurt his work ethic. He still has a lot of work to due because right now if need be he couldn't carry this team like AB can. He has ALL the tools to be Great. Sharper/Crisper routes, disciplined study and practice and getting on the same page as Ben will get him into the probowl and help usher us into the superbowl in the next few years.

Cajun-

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was referring more to his physique and strength as opposed to his overall ability. But, I do think he can develop into a great receiver for us. He seems to have a good work ethic. I loved the footage on the video where he was doing nothing but hand work. That's an indication at least that he understands the intricacies of the position and is paying attention to detail. His route running will improve with time. All he's got to do is watch the best route runner in the game, AB, and take notes.

10. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    He can turn into a beast if he can refine his technique. He still has quite a bit to go. Even though I loved the video I disagree with the one guy who said he catches the ball at the highest point. He's actually terrible at that and is something I'm sure he's working on. His height and strength is something that he hasn't taken full advantage of yet. But once he does, look out!

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes, I was actually going to comment on that. Even the clip they play to accompany it show him not extending his arms fully to catch the ball.

The thing I like about Bryant is that you can see the improvement week in and week out. I think it's a combination of his work ethic, and also him just being used in the best way for his skills (unlike, say, the way Archer is getting used).

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, he's playing at a beast level, so even if his route running isn't the best, he's still tearing it up. Also, Boldin isn't the best route runner either and doesn't seem to stop him.

And given Bryants determination, I'm sure he will work hard to improve any weaknesses in his game.

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Lots of raw potential this year, give the coaches a chance to refine him for the long term. But I love what he has brought to the team so far.

I like the comment about guys who come into the league have success and then don't go out and work to get better. A sort of one-hit-wonder if you will. That's why I think the competition with Wheaton is good for the both of them and the team.