1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shamarko's story

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 17, 2014.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I had/have high hopes for the guy, but can't figure out why he's not playing. The last I checked he hadn't played a single defensive snap. Will Allen has been a decent stopgap when called upon, but we haven't seen thomas. Is it just the injuries? Is he just not good enough to supplant Allen as the backup?

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I can't figure it out either. He gets rave reviews so I would think his lack of playing time is because of injury and not ability. Saw him make some nice special team plays last week so hopefully he's getting healthy for the playoff run. I predict we'll see a splash play out of him on defense before the season is over.

4. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Sports are certainly the best way to reach young people.
    Thank you for sharing this, it is a great story and one that will help us all cheer him on that much more.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Right now he is doing special teams duties and doing a great job. Would be nice to see him take some defensive snaps though

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thomas might not be in on defense but he is playing well on special teams which are vitally important. You get breakdowns there and you lose even if the offense and defense play well. James Harrison and Hines Ward served time on special teams as well.