1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

the Best 6 qbs this year in the NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 17, 2014.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    According to a poll of nfl annalysts; Espn

1. Rodgers
    2. Manning
    3. Brady
    4. Luck
    5. Romo
    6. Brees

I thinks its a freaking shame they left someone out. If they went on to number 7 youd probably see Jay Cutler: just pathetic how some people think.

2. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    what a joke that list is..especially with Ben having more rings then everyone except Brady..even if it is this year's list he may lead the league in yards thrown..

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    ESPN can't stand the Steelers,

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Let's see where Ben ranks after the Steelers win the Super Bowl this year and Ben is named the game's MVP.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Romo? romo? HAHAHAHAHAHA

6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    ben is 2nd in passing yds to luck.... he's 3rd in ypa.... only Rodgers has thrown less int's, and he's 4th in overall rating

oh yeah.... ben's ben sacked more than all of them.. I wonder how well these guys would be doing if they had as many helmets hit them as ben has had

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Meh, I've gotten used to the snubbing of Ben. I think it boils down to the off field troubles that he had, many people believe Ben raped those girls, and they can't separate their personal feelings on the matter and be professional.

Ben could easily be 4 or 5 on that list. Whatever, we know he's great and hopefully he can bring Steelers fans another SB trophy and stick it to the pundits at the same time.

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    my list:
    rodgers
    peyton
    brady
    luck
    ben
    brees
    wilson
    rivers
    flacco
    ely

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The media when talking about elite QBs only mention 4 guys Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton which is BS. They then place guys like Ben in the level below the top 4.

10. Steel Commando

Steel Commando Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm tired of Greenburg whining about the Jets.
    I'm tired of Cowturd's continuous stroking of Marcia and Belicheat.
    I'm tired of "experts" like Ditka sleeping on camera.
    I'm tired of whatever the hell a Gruden Grinder is.
    I'm tired of getting updates every time Peyton has a hangnail.
    I'm tired of Berman circling the wagon, he's been off the wagon for a long time.
    I'm tired of wannabe QB Jaworski's 500 hrs/week watching tape.
    I'm tired of Dilfer's dimes or nickels or pennies or half off coupons.
    I'm tired of seeing Ray Lewis and wondering where the white suit is.
    I'm tired of ESPN.

The only person that has ever given the Steelers any due has been John Clayton.
    This reply would have to be edited if I wrote how I really felt about ESPN.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL

12. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty good list, but get rid of Flacco and Eli. Maybe replace with Ryan? Also, I would take Ben over everyone but Rodgers, Payton, Brees and Luck. As good as Ben is, I would still trade him for Mariota draft pick due to his age.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    These are not the type of things I get worked up about. Ben wins big games, he has been to the dance three times and won twice, would have been three times had he not got worked up by lists like this. I still believe the game plan against Green Bay in the Superbowl was less about catching them off guard like they did Indy in '05 and more to do with an effort to get Ben a big day and a SB MVP. You don't go into that game and sling it from the get go and especially not twice in a row. just my opinion and it is all in the past. Ben isn't in the top five because of the inconsistency he has shown, his numbers clearly put him in the conversation, the records that fell put him in the conversation as well, the unfortunate thing is most of this is based on early season success because the top three are having trouble now whereas Ben had it early. I have no idea why Luck is in there other than I have never seen a guy have such a short memory in my life. Oh I threw three picks in the first oh well I will throw four TD's and 400 yards the rest of the night. Just shakes it off, he is like the etch-a-sketch of football. Bottomline at the end of the day this list amounts to nothing, the guy who holds the ring at the end of the season is the real top QB

14. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Ben doesn't appear on their lists for one simple reason.

And sorry... I don't think it has anything to do with allegations or numbers.

It has everything to do with media hype. Pittsburgh doesn't get it like all of those others do. They are all in major markets, other than Rodgers, markets much bigger than Pittsburgh.

In the end of ANY game, I still would rather have Ben.

15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting that none of the "Ben is average at best" crowd has posted yet. I'm certain that they will though.

That sound you hear is the pot being stirred :lolol:

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    New Orleans?

17. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    There are a lot of people, including Steeler fans that think Ben isn't capable of playing with the "elite" guys. I hear that the same old "he needs to watch more film" and "practice more" but nobody really knows how much of anything he, or any of the others actually do. I will say this, and I've said it for a long time too, that every game I watched P.Manning get pressured, he has performed miserably, and I watched the Jets beat Brady by pressuring him and hitting him, and Brees, well he would never get to throw the ball with the Steelers O-line in front of him because the defenders would get too close and he wouldn't be able to reach over their heads to throw it. The only guy that is better than Ben on the list is Rodgers, he gets beat up and Luck will be good too as he gets pounded and still responds. All you need to do is watch the Giants beat the cheatriots, and the Manning disaster against the Seahawks in the super bowl to know what would happen if they played for Pittsburgh, Ben has played with a bad line for quite some time but with a clean pocket he has shown how good he can be but we would be really mad at him is we didn't have Bell or Brown as the other guys take to long to get separation. We have a good QB, now a stud LT and guard to replace Foster and the offense would be close to unstoppable.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Media hype obviously, as this list proves but I don't think market has anything to do with it. And I don't consider Indianapolis, Baltimore, Denver and Seattle big markets, not even sure I would consider New Orleans one either.

As far as marketability, popularity wise, the Steelers franchise is one of the most marketable in the league.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben doesn't rank high because he just doesn't look the same as those other guys . Ben appears to get by on his stature more than his brains at times . Those other QB'S look like guys who know the Defense who truly understand the route trees and how to Attack Defenses and knowing when to check out or into certain plays.

Actually there is a little proof to that as well . When Ben went off those few games they had reeled the no huddle in because of the use of Bryant , that's per Todd Haley . Ben just isn't in the same league as a lot of QB'S when it comes to Football IQ , he has just as good as Arm and can break many tackles and extend plays , but the powers that be will never give that as much credit as a cerebral dissection of a Defense.

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't see any way in which Ben is ahead of Brady, Rodgers or luck. An argument could be made for Ben ahead of Manning and Brees if you're talking about ranking them from here on out and not based on an entire career. Ben is absolutely ahead of Romo in any format.

I don't like to get into comparing hypothetical situations such as player X wouldn't be as good if he played for the steelers. It's impossible to say. All we can do is compare what has actually happened. Brady and Manning are very good at changing the protection to give themselves time. Plus when they get pressured, they get rid of the ball.

Either way, Brady, Rodgers, Manning, luck and Brees are going to go down in history as some of the best to ever play the position. I wouldn't get too worked up if Ben is behind those guys. He's still ahead of everyone else in the league