1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Great article on Steelers in playoffs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Dec 16, 2014.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually.....I'm hoping Rex Ryan puts a bounty out on the whole pats team in his home finally.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, the Dr. Jekyll version of the Steelers offense can hang with anyone. My hope is that we get to travel to Denver for a bad weather game, which will heavily impact Manning's effectiveness. I don't see any bona-fide way for us to beat New England if they are at full strength other than to go bombs away and make big play after big play - which they are really good at preventing.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I have a fear that Tom Brady will destroy our secondary. Not worried so much about Denver..

What's really strange is that I wouldn't want the Steelers taking on the Bills right now. Their defense is legit and could cause Ben problems.

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Holy smokes! That article makes me wanna wave my terrible towel!

Just one point about the author, he said he had no rooting interest. How is that possible? Well, maybe he is a Bucs or Redskins fan. I guess I could see it then.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Bring them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We shoudn't be afraid of either one of those Fancypants QB'S ( respect yes but never fear) Just keep hiting them in the mouth, and it wont take long for either one of them to strt seeing Ghosts...

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That article got me pumped. I dug Tanier's stuff on SportsOnEarth.

He had me at "Our Only Hope..."

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's not Brady I worry about. It's the one man offense known as Gronkowski that worries me. There's really no answer for him when he's healthy.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My kind of article :herewego:

The path to the SB will be a crap shoot this year but they have the offense to pull it off.

Next year when the defense rounds into shape like I believe it will, that will be a fun year, because as soon as the defense arrives, this team will be a powerhouse :steelflag:

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not going to lie that article got me excited. :blush: Can we crush their dreams just a little bit? just for Christmas.

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I honestly believe that if Gronk had been healthy the last time they went to the SB they would have won. Gronk was clearly not even close to 100% in that game. They would have destroyed the gnats if he would have been. Man I can't stand the gnats. There just are no words.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I really liked that article but for me it all boils down to one thing. Defense wins championships. I don't consider that a platitude. I consider that a fact. There is no way that I consider this unit a "championship" defense. I hate to be a party pooper but that's really what it all boils down to. I honestly believe our offense can play against anybody IF we show up and execute. I really believe the bottom line boils down to whether our offense can put up more points than our defense is gonna inevitably allow. Basically, not only will our offense be playing against the other team's defense but they will also be playing against ours. I'm coming to the conclusion that we don't try and control the ball to keep the opposing qb on the sideline but that we do it to keep our secondary on the sideline. LOL.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody's defense is anything to write home about in the AFC.

14. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    One word...
    PARITY...
    A few more words...
    We are good enuff to beat anyone in this league, when we don`t beat ourselves...
    Food for thought...

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!:

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I know but if it comes down to the championship we won't be playing the AFC. AZ, GB, and Seattle all have better defenses than we do. Although I don't think AZ is gonna make it. Obviously Rodgers would light us up and Wilson would be a headache as well because of his ability to get out of the pocket.

16. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    That article and offensive stats make one feel great, then you look at what they did vs. the Falcons (20pt), Saints (not much til the game was out of hand), Titans and Jaguars, 4 of the 5 worst Defenses in the league. Very perplexing...

17. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I have to laugh at some of the fans from other teams who hate the Steelers so much...

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I laugh at the people on here who hate the Steelers so much!

19. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

that is funny..but true nonetheless

20. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I prefer to call it tough love

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah well the article was talking about getting past Peyton and Brady, they don't play in the NFC, so get to stepping with your debbie downer attitude.

As for the SB, Rodgers would be a nightmare match up, not their defense, Arizona has a good D but they won't make it without a QB and Seahawks obviously have the best defense.

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Perhaps, you have not been paying any attention to Buffalo. They're wreaking havoc against opposing offenses nearly every week.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not what I consider a great defense by any means. Granted they just beat GB but before that they shut down the Jets and Cleveland.

24. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Didn't they break Peyton's streaking of throwing at least 1 TD? They've been playing very well of late.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure, I overlooked that game because I was looking at their wins but they did hold Denver to 24 points, which is very good.