1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

any colin cowherd fans out there?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Dec 15, 2014.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I need someone to explain to me how this guy has a radio show at all. he has ranted all morning and I will admit this is THE first time I have listened to his radio show. he went on all morning about how good brady, peyton, Wilson, Rodgers, and even mentioned eli, rivers, and brees are. not that these guys aren't good. but this idiot was talking about manziel and how hard the qb position is. talking about how dedicated these guys are to the job and how hard the qb position is to play

I agree it its tough but ben has been as good this year as anyone. he even said he would take flacco for goodness sake. not once did he mention big ben. is he a steeler hater or just that dumb?

anyone who listens on a regular basis might be able to help me drop my blood pressure. how does this guy have a job?

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe he thinks Ben is as good as those other guys but just happened to forget to mention his name. It's easy to rhyme off a few names and forget one. Doesn't mean he thinks Ben sucks.

I can't figure out why people get so worked up about Ben around here. Who cares if the media thinks he sucks (which they don't)? I mean, the shows I listen to all have Ben as a top 5 QB and have for many years now, and the shows I listen to are filled with ex-NFL coaches, players, GM's, etc.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Turn the radio off, Cowherd is nearly impossible to listen to.

4. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I listen to him regularly when I'm driving around town in the afternoon. He's mentioned Ben before as a great QB and even went so far in defending him when others would knock his stats. I do get sick of his topics though as he has a tendency to beat a dead horse. Hard to find a day when he doesn't mention the Lakers.

5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    He's still butthurt that his Seabirds choked in Super Bowl XL

6. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I go back and forth listening to him and Jim Rome. He has stated many times in the past that Big Ben is a great, albeit not elite, QB. Must have just escaped him at the time.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't understand why you people get your panties in a wad over this ****. Seriously. So what he didn't mention ben.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's praised Ben plenty. Colin is a big flip flopper though and he admits that. He says you always have to re-evaulate your opinion because you're always being fed new information. There's some truth to that.

Anyway, sometimes I like Cowherd and sometimes I hate him, he knows football though.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This!

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    A few years ago, when one of the Steelers' team physicians was tied to steroid prescriptions, Cowherd went on a rant about the Steelers and how Ben's "comeback" from a knee injury in 2005 was connected to steroid use. It was one of the most outrageous and irresponsible piece of sports radio I have ever heard (live).

I have not listened to him since. He's repugnant.

11. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    There's some truth to this.

12. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Cowherd is another Brady cheerleader.

I watch most of the Sunday games at the bar and have a group I'm with. They get angry when I pick Brady apart. My gawd, wouldn't every QB in the NFL love to have that o-line and the execution of the other ten men on the field? Brady is a product of the HC and the system. Put him somewhere else (as happened to Peyton in Denver) and he'd be an epic fail. I guarantee it.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady makes Belichick look better than he is, not the other way around. Both are very good at what they do but BB benefits more from that marriage.

I understand that you don't like Brady but he's one of the best to every play, he'd absolutely have the same success that Peyton has had playing for another team, especially one as stacked as Denver. Heck, he makes no names look great in NE.

14. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I think his show is garbage. I also think there are several others who work for ESPN who think the same

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I can't stand Cowherd. He is a complete popinjay. That dude thinks the sun doesn't rise until he gets up. Although most people in sports radio give me the impression that they know more than they do. It is like Socrates said... "The world consists of two people. The wise who know they are fools and the fools who believe themselves to be wise." Cowherd is the latter. He's just really smarmy and condescending and really rubs me the wrong way. I avoid him like the plague.

16. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agree. I hate him, but Brady is the best I've ever seen and I saw Joe Montana play.

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I say Brady is probably better overall than Joe also. It's really tough for me to say that though because I loved Joe first. I also love Brady though and have a self professed man crush on him. LOL.

18. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Gotta go with Blast on this one. Pinpoint accuracy, Greta vision, and a leader is Brady. Having that Oline does help greatly, but the guy has skills. And I say that even though I was so happy when his knee got shredded.

19. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    not really pissed. you just had to hear him talk about it. he was saying those guys were the only ones who "got it". the only ones who put in the work. I just was wondering about him. like I said I don't listen to him. I thought I might be missing something cause I think he is better than anyone in the league save 3.

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Steel this is the conclusion I have came to with Ben. There are those appreciate him now and there are those who will appreciate him later.

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Here's the supposed Steelers hater on the Steelers. [video=youtube;tCptgK6G7S4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCptgK6G7S4[/video]

22. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Eh, he's grown on me over the years as I usually listen at lunch. Not that I love him, but don't mind. 2008-2011 or so he would always talk very highly of the Steelers and Ben too. Since the loss to the Broncos in the playoff he doesn't really talk about them. Not that he badmouths them, just doesn't even mention them. Can't blame him much with how they have been the last two seasons. He is also a huge Pats fan now which does get annoying.

23. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    thanks but I didn't call him a hater. that is all about the franchise and not ben personally anyway.

24. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Colin Cowturd self righteous pompous *******. I hate him. I listen to Mike&Mike till 10am. Than switch over to another sports talk show till 1pm. Than switch back to ESPN radio for SVP and RR. These guys are the BEST. Its like sitting in a sports bar talking sports for 3 hours with friends. Love these guys!!!

25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Also heard him this week say that he thinks the Ravens will win the north division.