1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign Ray Rice

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Nov 28, 2014.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I was thinking he'd be right at home in the silver and black. After all, where do you go when even the Ravens won't have you?

3. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Hey I didn't know this was April fools day. So no I don't want the crow here even if he's talented. I am anti ravens!

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure if you were really serious, Bobby, but he's so radioactive, it'll be hard for any team to sign him in the immediate future- probably the Steelers most of all.

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    No thanks. I know he's had a lot of success, but it just isn't worth it.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I just don't get how a player who knocked his girlfriend out completely will be back in the NFL before a player that disciplined his son the same way he was raised.

I never would have thought that Rice would sniff a football field again in 2014.

What a backwords world we live in.

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I agree, also not only he knocked her @ss out, he spit on her Twice, this just tells me he has no respect for women at all.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would be a wonderful way to get under the Ravens skin, especially if he ran all over them in a playoff game :lolol:

Neither him nor Peterson deserve to play football again this year.

9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I disagree, we as a society sought to throw the book at him. He's paid a price, who am I to judge what that price should be. If he walks the streets a free man, he should be able to play...not for the Steelers mind you...but he should be able to play.

10. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    He should be allowed to play in the NFL because a corrupt prosecutor decided to let him off with a slap on the wrist???

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Price wasnt steep enough IMO. And if not for Goodells sloppy handling of it, he would have sat out the year.

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's why I'm thinking only teams with reps that are already slightly tarnished will go after him. Cowboys, Raiders, Redskins come to mind. If NE hadn't taken Blount I am sure BB is looking at him and a good hard look at that.

13. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I could even see Bill cutting Blount and taking him anyway. I actually told someone today the raiders should take him though.

14. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I see the Jets signing him.Vet min. for this year and next.

15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Need to wash my memory of this. Hahahaha

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Rooney's have a hard enough time filling the stadium, or should I say getting the people to come to stadium. They don't need any more (bad publicity)for people to not come, boycott games. I would hope the Steelers are not this stupid, but you never know now adays. I would rather lose than sign these thugs.

17. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I cannot believe you would even suggest such a thing. He is on video punching a woman in the face. I don't care who botched what or who didn't, he should not be playing in the NFL at all. After what happened to William Gays mother I am sure he would not be too happy to have a woman beater like Rice on the team. Anyone who has ever witnessed a female loved one get abused would be infuriated by this whole thing...I know I am!

18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bad part we could use him for depth for sure. But, this would be a worse distraction than keeping Blount would have been. Let's see what we have in Josh Harris. Sometimes this is how you find good players, such as Willie Parker.

19. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Not now,not never.

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And notice I DID NOT use any green font.

This is a key part of the post. Green font = sarcasm. Which means that I was being sarcastic by not using green font in my pitch for Rice. Which means that Im not in favor of the Steelers signing Rice. Kinda like a double negative. ;)

Maybe it's too much to follow. Or maybe my logic is off. Regardless, I wasn't serious. Just starting a discussion.

21. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    IRONY
    COINCIDENCE

your SN is exactly what RAY RICE is

HELL it wasn't too long ago a woman had to pleasure her man on demand
    there was legal rape

hell the same guy in THE HONEYMOONERS
    reiterated his stance in
    Smokey and the BANDIT

victimofchanges signofthetimes

I call it evolution

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think he's as good as he once was for starters. he's got a lot of mileage on him to start with. there are so many good RB's coming out in next years draft, that I would like to see us grab another one there instead. I do think we have some decent possibilities in who we have behind bell right now as viable backups come the rest of the season and next year. just young right now. perkins, harris and archer were all pretty good coming out of college, and hopefully they step up a notch or two when we need them.:cool:

23. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    From just looking at the stats, Rice was starting to slow anyway.

2011 1364 yards avg 4.7

2012 1143 yards avg 4.4

2013 660 yards avg 3.1

24. BFreeZ28

BFreeZ28 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sign him why? Do they need someone to work the concession stands?

25. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I was going to defend peterson here (we all ((if your over the age of 30)) were spanked, switched or something) but before I did that I googled pictures of his switching... and good grief.. the marks look like they were left by a man out of control. Bad moment for his son.

And NO way would anyone be seriously considering Rice being in da 'burg as a Steeler