1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could the Steelers possibly go 1-3 against the NFC South?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by polyjb, Nov 25, 2014.

1. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Possibly the worst division in the history of football. How fitting would it be for "this" Steeler team under Tomlin to only beat Carolina and lose to the other 3 awful teams in this year's version of the NFC rotation. It would be even more comical for the Steelers to finish
    10-6 by beating KC and the Bengals twice, and not making the playoffs...while the Saints could beat the Steelers and win their division at 5-11 and get a home game. Tomlin's presser would be interesting after week 17 if that happened. Hey Mike, why did you miss the playoffs? :rolleyes:

2. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes, they can.
    And they can finish 4-2 against the AFC North, the best division in football...

Isn't it ironic?

3. bim94

bim94 Active Member

Nov 22, 2011

And 4-0 vs. AFC South. ...The bi-polar tendencies are what we the fans recognize, but AFC wins will ultimately determine the outcome of this regular season.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The whole league is bipolar.

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This Sunday is the start of the season. Can't lose more then 1 game if they want to figure into possibly winning the division, or for that matter getting a home playoff game. 2 loses might get them in.

Time to see this team get off the pillow from the jump and impose they're will from the starting ticks of the clock. This unfortunately has been a major issue with the team this year. Asleep at the wheel is not going to get it done.

Then they hit the road against the Bungles, a tough game, then another bottom feeder in Atlanta. This game concerns me.

I' m getting jacked up for this Sunday. Hopefully the Steelers are as well...

Be safe Steeler friends and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or they could go 3-1 against the NFC South.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

This, is what I expect, and what this team needs. The AFC is going to be tough this year to make the playoffs (are you kidding me? Playoffs?). I'd prefer they win their division. If they do, they can be the 3 seed. Not that either wildcard will be an easy out this year, but I would prefer they be the 2 or 3 seed. I think NE has 1 locked up, again.

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    A long time ago I used to have an old mug that had the scores from the entire season on it leading up to and including one of the SB wins back in the 70's.

The losses were seemingly tough competition with rather close scores.

If the Steelers were to go on and win a SB this year I would try and get a similar mug but I would definitely be scratching my head over some of the losses from this season.

9. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    70`s, VS. 2000`s, WardsWay...
    Before free agency, rule changes, parity, etc...

But, I`m STILL scratchin my head at losing to weak teams... I feel ya!

GO STEELERS!:towel:

10. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Lets not and then we don't have to worry about it.

11. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bingo.

Next stop: 8-8. Thanks Tomlin.

12. Dooner

Dooner Member

Sep 21, 2014

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    1-3? Absolutely hope not but Im reduced to all outcomes