1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Saints game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Nov 25, 2014.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I know the Saints haven't looked that great lately, but I'm getting worried about the game next week. I was rooting for the Saints to beat Baltimore last night (obviously), but there's another reason I was hoping they'd win.

They just lost 3 home games in a row. As bad as they've been playing, I just can't see them giving up 4 straight games like that, even if the next one is on the road. I just hope the return of some of Pittsburgh's defensive starters is going to be a bigger help then we're hoping for, and that the offense clicks again like it was a few weeks ago.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    it will be a shoot out ..

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The Saints will score but, their defense looks awful!

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, been worried about this match up since before the Jets game, even more so now because of the losing streak. The only good thing is it isn't at the dome.

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They better not come out flat, asleep at the wheel that's for sure.

Look at what the Bills did to the pathetic Jets last night. It sickens me that they lost to that garbage team.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we have worst defense than buffalo when the offense is not going 100 % we can lose with anybody

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Offense is going to have to have a big game, our defense can't stop anybody. If we want to win.

8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think people are putting *way* too much into the return of some of the D stars *cough* Ike *cough* *cough*

Does anyone really believe he's the savior for our secondary? If so, there are some awfully short memories around here.

The success/failure of this upcoming game falls squarely on the offense. No way this D holds Brees down.

9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    This game has scared me since the schedule came out. We manage to make mediocre QB's look like superstars..... imagine what we could do with Drew Brees. Still a lot of time and other factors for the game..... is it too late for a foot of snow?

10. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This D is not built to stop anyone. Never has been. Brees will have a field day against LeBeau's 15 yard cushions. Middle of the field is open every single play so I suspect J. Graham will go off. That said, I watched that game last night and NO's D is TERRIBLE. Both 26 and 84 shd have monster days. It will be a 37 to 31 game I think. Either way.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We need to hope for -10 temperatures and a foot of snow.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Man your going to need to give up smoking ;)

I personally feel like Ike is not the answer but he is far and away better then the hot garbage we have on the field now for DBs

13. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The defense holds teams to about 20 points. That's not stellar, but it's not bad, either. The offense just needs to do its part: 30 points.

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think anybody thinks Ike is the answer to all of the defensive problems, and I've had my fair share of times of yelling at him through the TV (he doesn't listen, though), but he's likely going to be better than what we've been seeing. With him and some of the other D starters coming back, we're just hoping things improve.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Give the ball to Bell 20-25 times this game, the Saints couldn't stop the Ravens running game either.

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly.

17. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Our run defense better show up, because I expect a heavy dose of Mark Ingram. If we can't stop their run game with 7 guys, we will get shredded through the air.

18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yeah, Brees will start licking his chops if he sees a stacked box...

19. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    just tell Ben to hand it off to Bell every play

Saints defense can't stop a nosebleed and it'll keep Brees (and more importantly our D) off the field

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    They will be showing the Carolina Panthers game here so, looks like a trip to the ole "Carolina Ale House" Sunday for me

21. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Nah, I'm not saying what we have now is any better. It's not. Just saying that a lot of folks seem to be on the "OMG, Ike the greatest CB ever is coming back - we're saved!" crazy train. He's an upgrade - how much, is debatable I guess.

22. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Bingo.

Like I said, the outcome of this one lies pretty squarely on the offense. The D giving up 20-24 pts isn't what I'd call "good". But if our O can score 30+ without having to play from behind, then I'm more comfortable with this one. Let's not forget, Brees isn't Glennon, Fitzpatrick, Mettenberger or Old Man Vick. It won't take our D to make him look good, he's already got that going for him. So we have to score as many, as early as possible.

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I`m glad I`m not the only diehard Steeler Fan that is scared of this game.

When I saw it on the schedule, at the beginning of the year, at our house,

I thought, "this should be a good game, hope we win"...

At this point, with how we`ve played, and them coming off 3 straight losses...

I`m hopin we can score more than 40 sum points,

Because I think Brees is gonna pick us apart, if we follow our usual strategy of playing off recievers...

I don`t care what his team`s record is, or who has beaten him...

Sumhow, He is still ranked #1 in completion percentage, and yards in the NFL, right now...

Not what you wanna see, when you think about our D...

All, I can hope, is we employ the relentless pressure approach we Did to Flacco, after we got pissed off at home, Halloween weekend.

Anything else, spells trouble.

Handing off a lot to Bell is a good idea, but they better make it work early, so the play -action works later...

I think we need to score 40+ to beat Brees, given the attitude they are gonna come in with, and what our D has shown so far...

Other than that...
    Pray the D gets some turnovers...

Otherwise, It`s gonna be a bad day...

Bad feeling about this one. Hope to hell I`m wrong!!!

GO STEELERS!!!

24. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't have a good feeling either... but it is put up or shut up time. If Steelers are going to be a playoff team they need to assert themselves.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Whoever has the ball last wins LOL,it should be a track meet both defenses stink.