1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs To Sign Nick Williams, Steelers Sign DE Joe Kruger To Practice Squad

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 24, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The freak out begins in 60 sec.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll start it then, kind of does piss me off. Obviously Steeler fans aren't the only ones who think these guys are any good.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Thank god we've got Cam Thomas to ease the sting of all of these losses! There's nothing quite like watching "baby zilla" get blown 5 yards off the ball.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :roflmao:

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This actually annoys me. Elvis has it right. Cam Thomas is doing nothing right now. Some of you guys who watch the tape may be able to tell me he's doing more than I see, but I just don't get why we're letting him take up a space when we have prospective talent like Williams there to be poached by other teams.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The reason Cam Thomas is still here is the front office invested a good amount of money in the man and can't look like idiots cutting him for unproven practice squad player. If Kruger's brother is as good as Paul I'll be excited.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    eh Nick Williams seemed just okay... I'm interested about that guy from Wisconsin we have, that guy is huge... I saw him on the field at training camp.

9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I mentioned this when Johnson got snagged off the waiver wire. Does anyone have any hard numbers on guys snagged from the PS who make the team the following year? Chances are these guys will be cut and then resigned at the end of the season so unless there was a future HOF'er stashed on the PS they will be available when you start looking at camp bodies

10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I thought grabbing guys off another teams PS was kind of rare? Pats grabbing Blount, PS guys getting taken....our team is getting purged!!

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The only guy that I want to see next year is Howard Jones... praying, nothing happens to him.

12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It's just a PS guy... 95% of them will never amount to an NFL starter caliber player, so it doesn't really bother me. There are dozens of Nick Williams' on other team's PS and some that are unsigned free agents. We will sign another vet backup and/or draft another mid late round DE and all will be good.

13. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Harrison was a P.S. player once.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. Just because they are on the PS doesn't mean they are dead weight. These are guys that the Steelers are counting on to step in when the time is right, even if it's just as backups and as we all know, having good backups is important. These teams aren't picking names out of a hat, there are lots of PS guys to choose from, they get scouted just like anyone else and yet our guys are the ones being taken.

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :lolol:

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Blast the thing you have to ask is will these guys see long time employment with the team that snagged them beyond this year? While I agree some of the PS squad guys are there in case of need sometimes they just aren't ready. Chances are they will be available after the season is over

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    again another draft pick gone. it does matter because that's two DE's for future depth. if keisel retires next year we will be back to very thin at that position. maybe hemmer should get promoted soon? if it wasn't for mclendon not being able to stay on the field, Thomas wouldn't be near as important. we could possibly need a NT and DE in next years draft.:cool:

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    Terry Williams, NT, East Carolina
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 353.

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    To be clear, I'm not too broken up about Williams. I saw him as a long shot to be much of a player. Mauro and Wesley Johnson are the ones that have me ticked off. I think both are better right now than guys who got roster spots in their position group ahead of them (C. Thomas and Hubbard). While I'm concerned over the prospect of someone poaching HoJo, I can't say that he should be on the active roster as one of our 4 OLBs. Harrison, Worilds, JJ and Moats are all significantly better right now, and HoJo is where he should be. We just need to keep fingers crossed that he makes it the rest of the way without being signed by someone else.