1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers didn't even play today but it feels like they lost

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    We got no help today it's up to us to run the table for any chance to win the division at this point blunt doing well for New England Cincinnati and Cleveland winning Miami upsetting the Broncos
    all we need is the ravens to win and that'll be a cherry on top for no help sunday

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    AND

ALL THE BRIDGES ARE

FALLING DOWN

FALLING DOWN

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Miami might be upset, but they didn't do any upsetting. KC lost... We're still good, just gotta sweep up our own front porch

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Still the 5th seed with 2 games against #3 Bengals. Not bad. They control their own density.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think that rooting for Miami to help us get the #2 seed was on the far fringe of realism. I think the highest seed we can realistically aspire to is the #3. I think it's better for us that Miami lost to help clear the path to the #5 or #6 seed. I was rooting for Denver in that game.

6. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I agree with Elvis 100%

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    They're still in decent position. I didn't feel like a loss to me at all.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well said.

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers just need to take care of their business. Then it will all work out, that being said AFC north is the hardest division in football this year, if we can win it I'll be proud, good chance there could be 3 playoff teams out of our division. The two games against the Bengals are must wins.

10. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Still a tough day. Got to hand it to the Browns, that was a gutty win and they overcame 3 picks by Hoyer. If the Steelers don't turn the ball over I don't see how they lose to ATL - their defense is just awful. But with 3 games on the road between CIN, CLE, MIA, and SD I figured we'd get a split.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats just Realsteel, he's not happy unless bemoaning a loss, had to figure out some way to do it during a bye week :lolol:

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would like to issue a special thank you to Mike Smith. Man what a moronic job he did today. He made Tomlin look like a genius at clock mgmt and we all know that is really saying something. His situational football awareness showed itself today as well. Seriously if you watched the game you will know what I'm talking about. Pettine did everything he could to give the game away as well but Smith did just a liiiittle bit more. I REALLY wanted the clowns to lose today. Hoyer played like hot garbage and they still won. THAT'S how bad atlanta's defense is. We had BETTER destroy them! I just can't wait to get the news that Mike Smith has joined the unemployment line. It can't come soon enough.

13. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    If you need to depend on others to get in. Then the team hasn't done their job adequately, and I've got no problem with them watching come January. Not going to use the word deserve, because deserving has nothing to do with it...earn it by winning. If they need help from others and miss the dance....they will have earned an early offseason. I'd love to get back to watching Burgh post season games. If they handle their business, they shouldn't have a problem.

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Frustrating game to watch. All Atlanta had to do was run down the clock and kick the winner but they totally screwed that up.

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I was saying. It was absolutely maddening to watch. How in the crap can they make that 3rd down call where all they need are a few more yds to help their kicker and that idiot calls a deep out. It's just unbelievable how stupid they are. The owner was literally standing there and they STILL do something that dumb right in front of him! Mike Smith DOES have a history with the rats so maybe he was just trying to help them and hurt us? LOL. I mean there has to be SOME explanation for that kind of outright stupidity.

16. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    We need all the help we can get. It should be obvious by now that even when we play well, we don't play well for long. That means that we need to get one of the byes ... and to do that we need all the top teams to lose as much as possible. This team isn't winning 4 games in a row in the postseason, so we need to cut the postseason to 3 games.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too for the same reason.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Makes sense. Trouble is, to get that #2 seed we would need to play well for an extended stretch or get a huge amount of help from others (or both).

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    get to 12-4 and we'll be in. in the words of our philosopher pimply dan, "we can loose no more game".:smiley1::cool:

20. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    We'd be a step closer if the Dolphins had closed the deal.

21. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    In order to get to 12 wins, we would've had to rip off 6 straight wins to end the regular season. You have to go back to 2004 for the last time we did that, or won 6 regular season games in a row at any point of a season.

22. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    The AFC North played the AFC and NFC South. Really weak strength of schedule leading to inflated records. I agree it still has strong teams but I dont think nearly as good as four years ago.

23. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

Exactly, if we take care of business we won't need any help. As much as I want to get into the playoffs. I don't want to back door my way in on tie breakers and needing other teams to help. Just take care of our business and we won't have to worry about what others are doing.

24. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Still want to see the Ratbirds get beat tonight, no matter if the Steelers win out or not.

25. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

On a side note of sadness, Josh Marou played for the Cardinals and looked like a pretty decent player. Didn't blow the doors off by any means, but looks pretty capable.

Really wish we could have groomed him into a starter in a few years.....Keisel style.