1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Jarvis comes back how do they use him?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Word is JJ may come back after the bye week, and although that has not been confirmed it presents the issue of JJ and playing time. JJ was playing better when he got hurt, and a wrist injury is tough on LBs because he has to push off, but how does he find the field? Sub him in for Harrison? JW? Hard to take James off the field as he has played well ( last night not so much) but JJ was the starter, so???

2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Turn him into a running back

3. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

this one is easy, you make him the starting OLB again. Right now Moats is considered the outside starter opposite Worilds. Harrison is not starting there just getting a decent amount of snaps. Give moats snaps to JJ for the rest of the year.

No need to mess with what they are doing with Harrison right now as he is pretty much playing lights out.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah something like this. Maybe ease him in a bit and make sure he's good to go then he's your starter again.

The bigger question would be...who are they going to cut to bring him back?

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    From what I hear he is probably not coming back... there is not much training you can do with a messed up wrist. It would probably take him a couple weeks just to get his conditioning back.

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I can agree with this. JJ is our starter, and our future at OLB... Harrison has been really good in limited duty, so he should receive roughly the same amount of snaps he has been. JJ probably won't be able to take the full snap count for a while, so we have a really good recipe going right now that gets him in the game and contributing while not giving him too much too soon.

7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I wasn't thrilled w/ our core against the titan rook.

Wrap it up and get him out there!

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It makes sense. The current depth chart at RB is Bell, Archer, then Brad Wing.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we have seen a lost season for JJ.
    I hope he continues to hit the weights hard,
    he is going to need it.

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    let him rehab and guard the COOKIE CRISP

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I still think Jones will go the way of Alonzo Jackson.

12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    if he does happen to return this season, then he remains the starter with jh playing the same role...... moats moves over to the left side to spell worilds

13. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by Jim92 [​IMG] Turn him into a running back.

Its really hard not to be positive and minus sarcasm after such a great win, but I don't think he beats out Wing, Archer maybe.

But seriously, I am now trying to figure out how TS [the steelers] could do some damage in the PO's if they get there.

Actually his return creates a problem. Frankly, I think what is there now has improved the Defense. It is the other side that is the problem. I don't think they worked JJ much at the ROLB position. But, if somehow magically he could transform into a healthy LaMarr Woodley a lot of the D's problems would be solved. I know I'm sort of going into a mine field here but to me Worilds just doesn't get it as a 3-4 OLB. However, he surprisingly [to me] did show something when lined up as a DE in TS 4 DL rush front.

I would actually try to work JJ in over there. Hey! They have a ready made excuse since it is likely JW is not here next year anyhow.

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like the speed of JJ , I also like getting pressure with less guys so maybe JJ , Shazier , Timmons, Spence , and Moats in a Nascar package against long distance situations ...Just let them all walk around and catch the snap count and then stunt and twist and loop like crazy all have enough speed to get to the QB quick if someone misses their block....

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I say they put him on Worilds side and see what he can do. They paid JW 9 mill plus for the year only to see him do a superman impression multiple times on Monday when the Titans rookie RB dove at his legs in an attempt to block him. You don't get much better of a matchup than a free run at a QB with just the RB to stop you. Lower your shoulder and blow the guy up or push him into his QB

16. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Mettenberger, the kid, didn't seem to bothered and to add insult he appeared to be taking his time.

When JJ can play get his @#$ out there.

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i would try him on the left ..

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Have him take Harrison's spot in the goal line gimmick offense.

19. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    :thumbs_up:

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't count on it, JJ didn't hit the weights hard after his rookie season.

21. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah isn't it because of his stenosis that he is limited in how he trains strength wise?

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think he's over that problem, that was when he was in college. He said the Steelers didn't want him to gain weight just get stronger, it didn't look like to me he has gotten stronger than he was in his rookie season.

23. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Have McCullers throw him at the opposing QB.

24. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    IMHO, Worilds is not living up to his paycheck. Now, I don't know if I'd put JJ there, as neither JH or AM are the long term answer. But maybe let Moats take some of his snaps on the left. I can't imagine Worilds will make half of this years salary next year.

25. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He had 2 sacks in 3 games before injuring his wrist on the sack/fumble of Cam Newton that got the game going our way..

Put him back on the field when he's ready..