1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GREAT Harrison/Lebeau article

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Nov 1, 2014.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This is a featured article about how much mutual respect, admiration, and probably just flat out love that Harrison and Lebeau have for each other. Read it to the end and you will see there's something there about another Steeler that has been heavily discussed around here lately. Also, for all those that want to fire or "retire" Lebeau James has a little something for you too. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just trying to warn you! LOL! I think people will really enjoy this. I know I did.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...and-dick-lebeau-reunited-and-it-feels-so-good

2. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    That's a great find, a real nice piece to read. Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't believe how many m.b posters were saying to get rid of him and now they all seem to have quietly moved on. Coach T has said things that weren't the best ( of LeBeau) and I'm not sure they see eye to eye all the time but the FO. believes in him, the players believe in him opponents don't like planning against him... So why in haystack s would ANYONE believe it best to see him go. He is part of our proud traditions!

3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice find BFT...thanks for sharing. Two of my favorite all times Steelers (Deebo and LeBeau). I'm hoping LeBeau can do for Allen what he did for James!

4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't believe Lebeau is the issue. We should hope that Cortez can elevate his play for Lebeau.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks BFT, that was great! I like where Keisel says that his kids don't come in looking for him, they're looking for James :lolol:

JH seems like a good dad too, bet those kids won't step out of line with him as a dad!

And oh yeah, LeBeau isn't the problem, never has been the problem and never will be the problem.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Steelers fans have never really been given a reason to not trust the ownership and their decisions. If DL or Tomlin or any other coach isn't cutting it they will let them go.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Great read, BFT! Thanks for sharing that.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Nice read... Thanks brother man.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm glad everyone liked the article. I really found it interesting how they sorta worked in the part about Cortez at the end as well. It's hard to imagine James Harrison being sentimental about anything except tearing the dome off of a qb but I can sure see how Lebeau could make a guy get a little teary eyed. I know we rag our d pretty hard sometimes but I've honestly gotta say that when the actual "moment" happens that Lebeau walks away I would bet there will be a collective tear fall from the face of Steeler Nation. It's incredible what a legend that man is.

10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Great article.
    I like the momentum this defense is getting, and this article reflects perfectly the emotional attachments that tell the story behind aggressive players who also are emotional human beings.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    My favorite quote by Harrison on people calling for DL to be fired.

" Harrison says. "Those people saying those things? They're not great minds."

He also called them idiots!

12. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    What a great article thanks BFT. That article pumped me up for sure; got me drinking the koolaid!

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh, the other thing I loved in there, him refusing to take the veteran days off :superman:

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Enjoyed the article and it's obvious Harrison has a lot of love for DL. LeBeau is a legend and a father figure to many of his players. But...he's still held on for about 3 years too long. The defense is playing better and has gotten some turnovers the last couple of weeks, but let's not kid ourselves, the Steel Curtain hasn't been resurrected here. Shoot, DL's Blitzburgh defense hasn't even been resurrected. I like what we're seeing out of the likes of McCain and Blake and Beard and Deebo have seemingly found the proverbial fountain of youth. But the Steelers D is still giving up huge chunks of yardage and a lot of points. I hope the D continues to perform but I've got a feeling that any hope for a playoff run rests solely upon the shoulders of Haley, Ben, AB, LB and company this year. We may see a few 35-31 affairs this season.

That's just MHO FWIW. I don't generally arrive at my opinions overnight and I don't change my opinions overnight. I don't mind being wrong, but comments chiding those of us that have levied a few criticisms at DL and the coaching staff after each victory are ridiculous.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Me too! I actually meant to mention that. I wonder if any other vets refuse the day off? I know Timmons is a really hard worker and so is AB but I don't think AB qualifies for that day. It wouldn't surprise me if Timmons worked. I've seen some of his conditioning and workout vids on youtube and they almost make me puke just WATCHING them!