1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Blake to play corner Sunday night

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    This is good news. He certainly knows how to at least keep his head in the play

Edit: Had to add this video. Thought it was both informative and funny. The informative part for me. Crows are down to their 3rd TE Crockett Gilmore .. What? lol

[video]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-ravens-week-9-preview/2014/10/30/7130963/pass-rush-protection-key-matchups-steelers-ravens-week-9#ooid=9rMmJlcToGbz7nBa7Bj1ykpcfk4kp8b4[/video]

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  4. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Tomlin just said in his press conference that Cortez will play and he still thinks that Cortez is capable. So maybe they'll rotate Blake, Gay, McCain, & Allen.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The goal here isn't to replace Allen. It's to get him back into a mental state that will allow him to play well. I don't think much of Antwon Blake as a CB, and I think you'll see why the next time he sees significant playing time.

I'm all for doing whatever straightens out Allen's head. If that's barely playing him, fine. If it's sending him to ST or deactivating him completely, fine. I don't know him. That's for the coach to decide.

But if you think Allen's replacement is on the roster, you're wrong. Allen is the replacement. The reason we must not give up on him is because we gave him a contract and don't want to look like idiots by admitting we were wrong. We must not give up on him because of the reasons we gave him the contract in the first place. Moving on from him does not help the team. We have to make him strong again. That's the only way we get better.

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    A lot of truth there. Hopefully he gets it together, but I have no problem rooting for a hungry dog and if that's Blake then so be it. I don't consider him better at all or an all together replacement per se. I don't see Gay as better honestly, but if they're outplaying him then that's who you go to.

I really hope Cortez squares himself away and atleast tries to earn a buck of that new contract.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sorry bus, I don't want to highjack your thread but what do you guys think about cortez moving to free safety down the road? not this year but in the future.:cool:

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If Troy doesn't start guessing correctly and getting there then I would be all for that. Some message needs to be sent through that secondary ASAP.

To me, CB is more difficult to play intellectually.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    as I said not this year but I think he would make a great FS for us in a year or so and Mitchell and the shark could also make some noise from the backend. I think he would be a good fit back there and we could be needing some safety help down the road. troy and allen are not getting any younger and golden has never impressed me enough to become a starter.

some better backend play could help out and make guys like gay, blake and webb a lot more serviceable with their quickness if they had the help over top. these safety spots will become more of a typical style when troy is done.:cool:

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Doesn't Blake get quite a bit of penalties on ST? I just hope he doesn't do that as a corner. Although Ike was always good for one or two so maybe Blake will be about the same. LOL.

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I like the news.

But I'm really responding to approve of your new avatar. :D

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Based on his play so far its a good move in my estimation.

I think he has talent. He has the speed but not the talent and mechanics right now for corner..