1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoffs????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ohio Steeler, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I know it's still early but the Steelers are holding on to the 8th spot in the playoff hunt.The Bungals are winning the division with the Chargers and Bills holding down the wildcard spots. The Ravens are at 7 right ahead of the Steelers. Big game Sunday night as we all know.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've expected the playoffs from the start of the season, definitely feeling even better about it now. The division is well in reach too. I don't think the last 2 weeks are an aberration but instead a progression, and that should continue to be the case.

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm sticking with my original prediction of 12-4, 11-5 worse case.

4. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'd like to see it but, not with this secondary.
    we lost one we shouldn't have (jags) and won one we shouldn't have (based on looking at the schedule in the preseason—colts). So I'm standing by my 8-8/9-7 thinking.

5. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Playoffs? That depends ... are we beating the Ravens this week? Because if we don't, it's not looking good.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yeah we need to win this week
    i still like my prediction of 9-7 but we make the playoffs

7. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

When did that happen?

8. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Busman....I have that cherry cool aid ready!! Of course that's a win coming on the wings of the ratbirds! There is a renewed confidence level throughout the whole team! Another Sunday win and these guys are going to be all fired up.

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If they beat the Ravens, then they are pretty much a lock for the playoffs. And, in that scenario, they probably take the division, also.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They are in good shape if they beat the rats sunday, and at least beat the bungholes once, twice would be extra nice, but they need to cut down on penalties to have a better chance of getting the job done, dont forget an offensive pass interference call cost the rats a win against the bungholes sunday, that was a phony penalty but since it happened against the rats I liked the call, hairball was in shock and that alone was worth the call...

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    playoffs? playoffs? we're just tryin to win a game. :lolol::cool:

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I never actually commented on this thread until now dinochoppers but I am proud of you for remembering my favourite kool aid is cherry hahah..

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bucs?

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If you look at the upcoming schedules - both the Steelers and Bungles have, on paper, fairly easy schedules (other than Steelers/Ravens this week) until they face each other twice in last 4 games. Unfortunately I don't see us catching and/or passing Cincy until those two games. Taking division and getting one of top 2 seeds has to be the goal. Our late bye this year just prior to Cincy game hopefully is a good thing and not a momentum killer. Cincy does play Denver on MNF at home the next to last game of season but at that time Denver could have things all sewed up for #1 seed and start easing into playoffs (unless of course Manning is set to break some other NFL record that night - then he'll go ballz out.)

15. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    When I started this thread I fully expected this. Years later it is still funny.LOL

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No way do the Broncos give their starters three weeks off. Manning is a competitor and hated when he was sat in Indy due to having everything locked up. The Bengals will lose at least 3 more games this year.

17. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Big game this week. Win and yes I think we are going to the playoffs. Lose and then we give up control and need other teams to help us. Lose is not a death sentence but a win could be the start of the coffin for the Ratbirds! :)

Win this week and I think we put enough pressure on the Bungles they slip up and by year end if we split with Cincy we win the division.

18. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    We are only at the half way point. Lets worry about this week. After thats over lets worry about the next game.Than after thats over lets worry about the game after that. One game at a time. Stack wins we make the playoffs. ONE GAME AT A TIME. Please dont look more than a week ahead.

19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The fans can do what they want haha as long as the players are taking it one game at a time, we can speculate all we want. What fun would it be if we didn't? Haha

20. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry SG just dont see it. If this happens and that happens than this happens and than that happens we make the playoffs. I just dont see that as fun. My fun is my team winning every week. Cant help yourself more than that....Just win every week. You will make the playoffs.

21. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Afc is too competitive this year I don't see the Steelers making the playoffs especially if they lose this weekend
    besides we got the Jets and Titans coming up and I guarantee we split those if not lose both

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    WHAT???? Dont see that Real.....2 wins here.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    What makes you think that?

24. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    swap one crap Florida team for another. Is what I meant.

25. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The uncanny ability of the Steelers to lose to the worst teams in the league. I don't want to put words in Real steel's mouth but I'm guessing that what he means.