1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Broncos/.......other guys

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by santeesteel, Oct 23, 2014.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Anyone else watching TNF? I loves it when the Chargers take a beatin'...........

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I watched it. Officiating again was horrible. How many times can they have the VP of Officiating come on and say "that is clearly a fumble" and then the ref comes back and says "after review it is not a fumble"? Or how many times can they ask the VP about a flag and he says "that is clearly pass interference" and then the ref picks up the flag and says "there is no foul for pass interference because if we threw a flag for pass interference it would help the offense that is playing against peyton manning and we really want to do all we can to not do that". LOL. It's just amazing that they manage to STILL get things wrong even on replay and that has happened in many games this year. I'm sure everyone was glad to see Manny catching td passes like crazy.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    BFT, You're, you're really Phillip Rivers??????

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! NO! I'm Manti Teo.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The invisible man? With the invisible girlfriend?
    Phillip was a special kind of whiny beeyotch tonight..............I love it!!!!!!

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    A fireball? No, that's not the word. I don't think you're old enough to remember "Alice the Goon" from the old '60s Popeye cartoons. With his helmet on, Rivers looks just like her.
    "I love Popeye, I love Popeye................"

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    If you want to see a whiner I would suggest Jay Cutler. That dude is a huge whiner. I think Rivers is more just high strung. Remember when they eliminated the Colts a few years ago in the playoffs (again) and he got hurt and was going to the locker room and was still talking smack to the fans and then came back out and won the game? That was him being pretty fiery.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'll just leave these here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hate you, Helmet!!

10. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    The Ninja Turtle?:lolol:

11. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I really enjoyed the game. It's always fun to watch Rivers get beat.

Sanders is looking pretty good with Peyton helping him out.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Also with Thomas and Thomas and Welker drawing so much coverage it pretty much leaves him wide open. Since he had a good game this week it will be interesting to see how teams treat him going forward. They might just view him as the guy most likely to mess up and that's why he doesn't get as much attention. He has quietly put together a really awesome season so far. The other day I saw that he was on pace for over 1,500yds. Man I hope he doesn't outdo AB.

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ridiculous. He has not been wide open once this season, at least not any of the Denver games I've watched (which is almost all of them and possibly all of them, can't remember). Sanders is beating his man every time. He's getting himself open with his route running and his speed. There is a DB on him every time, it's not like there's a blown assignment for all his catches, he's simply beating his man. He's a good WR, but him and Ben were never able to get on the same page.

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Umm...sometimes he's wide open.

[​IMG]

16. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't see that until I get home (work computers block most multimedia) but from what I've seen so far of Sanders this year, he is beating his guy. If he's open, it's because he beat his man to get open, not because he was allowed to run free.

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Sanders had one td going in to this game and it didn't come until last week. Then this week he had 3. He has been picking up a lot of yards though. Would he be considered their number one or their number 4? It would be hard to convince me that teams spend as much time discussing how to stop Sanders vs how to stop Thomas and Thomas.

18. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Does it matter if he's the #1 or #4? My point was Sanders is beating his man, that's why he's getting open. TD's come and go. Remember a few years ago when Steven Jackson rushed for a stupid amount of yards but only had something like 2 TD's all season? TD's are a bit fluky and aren't a good measuring stick of a guys talent level. Bell is another guy lacking in the TD department.

People want to dog Sanders, but he's a good WR, he just didn't pan out on our team for numerous reasons.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's good, not great, Peyton makes receivers look great.

20. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah I'd agree with that, but people are acting like he's a bum. Manning can't make a bad WR look great. He can make a good WR look great at times, but Sanders still has to beat his man, which he's been doing with his speed. He's not a bad receiver by any means

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, he was better here then he got credit for too and didn't drop as nearly as many passes as he gets blamed for.