1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LaMarr Woodley done for the year.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by contract, Oct 22, 2014.

1. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Torn biceps. Yeah he's no longer a Steeler, but he's still on our cap so ... Steelers Talk it is.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    And mostly everyone saw that coming. For as much crap as our leaders take in this orgnaization they have a pretty good feel for when a player has reached their ceiling

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So good to know that we paid him for his 5 tackles this year.:facepalm: When will we be done with him? After this year? I honestly hate this about him though because, from the time he was drafted, I really liked him. I just don't think he really has the drive it takes to be truly great for an extended period of time.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think he's on the books for two years?

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    apparently gaining 30 pounds and putting his hand in the dirt wasn't the secret to making him a monster but rather a recipe for tearing something other than his groin

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I broke my rule and bought a jersey with an active players number on it for him......I was all over getting a big OLB in the mold of Levon Kirkland (the other jersey I own).

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I got his jersey too, I'll wear it with pride when he retires, he gave us some good years here, especially in 2008. It will be a classic eventually just hold onto it.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm generally against active jerseys as well. I have Troy and Ben and I wouldn't mind having a Heath. I just would hate to buy a jersey of a guy that's probably not gonna stick around. I only like to wear jerseys of "lifers" I suppose. I'm not saying I wouldn't wear a Franco jersey but I'm just talking about guys that are gonna leave through free agency.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I was telling someone today that I couldn't believe he was dumb enough to beef up when we were constantly telling him not to. I mean if you wanna take the word over the Raiders staff as opposed to us be my guest but I'd rather listen to people around here. I just think he was lazy and didn't wanna put in the work to stay in playing shape for this defense.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    His best asset when he was doing things good in Pittsburgh was that he could drop and cover if needed. I remember Kirkland covering downfield a few times!

11. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    When they signed him to that ridiculous contract I knew it was going to be trouble. :lolol:

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yep, this year and next we pay for him and this year we are still paying for colon. thanks kev.:cool:

13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    We have to eat 8.58 million in dead money for him next year, then we're done with him (unless we resign him as a free agent, giving him a huge signing bonus). That's a huge amount of dead cap space for one player, but at least his is the only dead money next year.

14. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Who knows maybe he now gets cut by the Raiders and he comes back to us on a vet minimum contract as a possible backup or even starter when Worilds leaves in the off season.

The contract they gave Woodley was outrageously stupid. The biggest issue I always had w/Woodley was that he was a one-trick pony. You don't pay big money to a guy who isn't a complete player. Harrison was a complete OLB, he sacked the QB, but he also sealed the edge and was a strong asset against the run. It almost always showed up in games as Harrison was someone you could pretty much book for 5-7 tackles a game along with the sacks he would get. Woodley never was that great against the run and he would regularly show up with 1-2 tackles a game.

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The benefit of them not sticking around, of course, is that their jerseys drop considerably in price...

I was going to buy a current jersey last year, but couldn't decide who I would get. I considered Heyward for a while. But when you don't know how the story ends, it's a difficult one. In the end I scrapped the idea, and instead finally got my hands on a Thigpen jersey.

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if we don't cut allen

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Woodley's been done for years...

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I figured he was done after being featured in "Sarcastaball" on South Park!

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Did he tear it walking on his hands to protect his hamstrings?:smiley1:

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Buy them from one of those places from China, that's where there made anyway. After insurance and shipping the run about $30-35 per jersey. Sewn on name and numbers and you can't tell the difference. The have lots of other stuff like Nike hoodies , hats and t-shirts.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's really awesome that you have his jersey. He's one of my favorite Steelers because he was a Steeler when I first started liking the Steelers. You really don't see many people wearing his jerseys either. Most of the jerseys I see from the mid 90s guys are like Lloyd and Woodson. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a Yancey jersey at a game before. I'm sure people probably do but I've just never seen one. I would give a guy props if I saw him wearing one though. I want a Mel Blount but it's hard to find one that's not some imported fake or something. I have this weird thing about wanting my jerseys to be "official" or whatever. LOL.

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I go this route as well.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I was telling my wife the other day that we need to get Ben a new jersey and I thought it might be cheap to get him a Reebok jersey since Nike makes the new ones. Wouldn't you say there are some places online that have some Reebok ones that never sold? Do the ones from China have like "defects" or whatever? I've found sites that sell cheap jerseys but I've always wondered if they are like a scam or something to just get your credit card info and then screw you over. How can you know what's "legit" and all that?

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    We have a guy at work that assumes all the risk when we order but he charges a bit extra for the jerseys so he basically gets one for free. SO instead of paying 19.00 plus shipping he charges 25 for football and pays the shipping himself. He orders large enough to make it through customs without hang-ups. As far as defects there are some but they aren't in jersey themselves but rather they sometimes misspell the names, they can put patches on that don't really belong, or the name plates some times end up upside down. I got a Llyod jersey that has the Bi-centennial patch on it, plus smelled a bit musty but several washes later can't smell a thing. My Hoge one was spelled right when we ordered but they changed it to Hodge afterwards, my mom was able to cut the "D" out and just pinch the name plate together and it works for me, not going to complain because it was 25 bucks. The Hines Ward one I got was a Nike jersey that honestly I can't tell the difference on. So here is the thing, use paypal if you do order if your concerned about your info, if you place a small order it can get held up in customs so allow at least four weeks or more for it. You can PM if you want the site we use.

PS. My Jordan Staal Pens jersey has the 2009 stanley cup patch, the 200th anniversay of Pittsburgh patch and it an actual NHL jersey complete with the elastic strap that snaps onto your pants so your jersey doesn't come off, paid 30 bucks for it.

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's cool. When I go to buy another jersey I might try that.