1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Crowd Attendance

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Oct 21, 2014.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There was a lot of talk in the game thread about this and it was just confirmed that there were 9,000 no shows tonight. There was a 50% chance of rain but I've gotta believe this was more of just people saying they had lost a little faith in the game. I know Bobby Biz has season tix and maybe he could speak to this a little better. I would say it is mix of bad weather and bad vibes but probably most bad vibes.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Monday night and weather. Those ass-hats were stoking it up about the attendance, but after the ass whipping by the Browns and the forecast combined with the weekday game.......

Really, wasn't necessary to say "Maybe they can get back to filling the stadium.", in the postgame when it doesn't happen in Pittsburgh often.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am sure the Rooney's are taking notice,
    poor unexciting product = a lot of no shows.
    You people think I am the only PGHer that doesn't care for the coach LOL.Wait till the weather
    gets cold. LOL scalpers anyone?
    now is your chance to see the Steelers in person.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Im sure a lot of those are ticked they missed the game now though.

5. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    It's becoming more common to see yellow seats on game days.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yea as a fan i was disapointed , the way the stadium looked for MNF.... We can and should do better as fans

7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Steeler fans get a lot of props from the media, but in reality, they've been in the bottom of home attendance for the last several years. They do a better job of filling seats on the road, as there are Steeler fans across the country.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    It is disappointing. If your not going to the game and you have tickets give them away. Lets get those seats filled. OMG

9. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a cousin whos family has season tickets. 4 of them. he went by himself for first half. kids have school and wife stayed with them. he has to be at work at 5:30 so he left at half. he said that he wasn't surprised about the empty seats cause he had heard some people talking during the week about not going.

I told him it was alittle embarrassing and he said so has this team been. my guess and his was the fans were sending a message and he said every now and then they do and people always seem to take notice. I assume he meant the entire organization. maybe someone local can tell me if he even knows what he is talking about.lol

10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Personally, I believe in that theory. If you're disappointed with the team, the only means we have to show it is by not giving up our money.

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  12. m4mica

m4mica Active Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Season ticket holder here. Night games are tough with kids on a school night. Would rather watch game with my family at home than go by myself. NO ONE wanted my tickets. These are indoor club seats... Great tickets. Probably called 50 people offering for free. Posted on stubhub for half price and still no takers. Got home at 6 and still had them. Couldn't believe it. Ended up giving them to neighbors kids.

All night I was pretty pissed about it.I ended up eating 800 dollars... For that I could have bought another TV to watch games on.

13. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think it's way harder to get out on a Monday night when you have a job to show up to the next morning, kids maybe, etc. I know when I've gone to games for our local team, it takes a couple additional hours to get out of the stadium area, and some folks are driving from some distance on top of that (I'm two and a half hours from the games I've gone to). I ditched out on a game last year because of the weather (sleet and ice) as well, and top it off with not being pleased with performance this year so far, I'd have probably stayed home too.

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would imagine...;)

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I actually started to write in the OP that I hoped there were a lot of fans mad at themselves. LOL. I just thought that maybe I was being a little too harsh. I'm having a hard time deciding if I'm gonna pay to watch this team too. I've always felt like I would shell out big bucks even for an 0-15 team but I'm just not sure if I can or not. I really wanna get my car paid off. LOL.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't notice, are you guys talking about whole sections or just scattered seasts? Because if its scattered seats, how do you know those people aren't inside?

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :shocked:

18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    ...............................damn!

19. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Exactly!

20. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe its because i dont have the oppritunity to see the Steelers very often living in NC, but I wouldnt care how bad they were. I want to see my Steelers play. You never know whats going to happen in the NFL as seen last night, and if I had a chance to go and didnt I wouldnt be able to stand it. I know kids, jobs, etc get in the way but Damn. For the Steeler/Panther game this year (Sunday Nite) I took off monday, and brought a baby sitter with us to watch my son while we were at the game. Always a way if you want it. I am by no means knocking anybody's decision, just stating my opinion on the matter.

21. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    what was even more disheartening was the fabricated "Defense, Defense" chant they pumped over the loud speaker in the first half. That was a flat out embarrassment on National TV.

22. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't really notice it being too empty, but I was also focused on the game on the tv, not the stands.

Where were the empties? If it was in the club section I could understand them being empty and people being inside. There's been a few times where I've caught myself inside watching on one of the screens until a break in action, or if you're stuck at the restroom or concessions. Mondays are tough, depending upon where you work. I don't live in the Burgh, but if I did and I went to that game I'd probably have to take the next day off. I am up by 4:30 and leave for work by 5:20. I feel tired today and I only went to the bar, not the game. I couldn't imagine how long it would take you to wind down from being there.

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    most of those empty seats are already paid for, so that is a little easier on the rooney's than one may think.:cool:

24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Me and my buddy went to the game, got free Club seats and a gold lot 2 parking pass. Got them from a company I do business with. We sat half way in the row, one row we sat in, half the row was no shows. We spread out and enjoyed it. Was also awesome because I got to go the bathroom quick and didn't have to wait for everybody to stand to go take a leak from the beer drinking. Lots of no shows, about 9,000 short. Monday night, rainy weather, a 3-3 team. Not a huge rival. Made for a lot of no shows. I'm pretty sure you could have scalped tickets last night for $20 bucks for a 500 level seat. But the fans that came we made the noise and man was it an exciting 2 minutes of football in the 2nd quarter, it was crazy.

25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You can't believe the amount of people in the club that sit on the nice sofas and watch it on the TV's. Seems crazy to me, but to each his own I guess.