1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Monday night magic

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Oct 20, 2014.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I start a lot of these threads I know this because I did a search last night for one but instead if necroposting I will start another. Never worried about this game simply because this team still gets up for Monday night games. It is just like magic.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  3. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I realize that I was there in person the last time the Steelers lost a Monday Night game at home, back in 1991 (and even then they rallied from 20 points down in the second half).

4. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You really weren't worried in the beginning!? LOL. I was so fed up I logged on to this board to rant and join my name with the others calling for Tomlin's head and just as I logged on Bell hit his first big gainer. And from that point it was game on and all was good. But the way they were playing at first, I thought there was no way they were going to win. It was amazing how quickly it turned. Love it!

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Really you weren't worried at all? I was cussing and caused my wife to leave the room during the first half. It was so bad my dog sat in front of me and just shook his head at me. I suspect my neighbors thought I was beating someone in the house. It wasn't pretty.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was on the road coming back from a funeral so I missed most of the first half. That being said it was Monday night and yeah I don't worry so much about Monday night games if it was Sunday then heck yeah I would be worried

7. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I only worried when I heard all the" it's Monday night football and Steelers are almost unbeatable on Monday night" crap.

8. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It made me sick right from the get go! Steelers offense bogs down,(no surprise) and they pin the Texans deep only to watch them march down field like there wasn't even a defense on the field. Then Ben gets sacked and fumbles and before I know it we are down 10 and looking just as bad as we did the two previous weeks. I'm glad there is magic of some kind because it wasn't pretty.

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Somewhat off-topic...I was a little sad to hear the fans in the stadium booing our team. Yes, I understand frustration but I would never boo my own team. Cuss them, maybe, but boo never! lol

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I myself would never do it , But it's pretty hard to argue with what they were doing about!

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Let's be clear - it was all about the last 3 minutes of the second half.

That was the magic part. Magic magic MAGIC.

For most of the first half, I had my head in my hands. But I just hope those 3 minutes sparked the team in the way that it did me. It rekindled something I've not experienced in a long time - that sense of enjoyment that only comes when we're absolutely destroying an opponent.

This is the start of the turnaround, people!

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The first quarter was downright ugly. I was glad the crowd was booing so soon. This team needed to wake up! All it takes is ONE play to get the confidence up on the D! They looked fantastic and so did the special teams!

13. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It was amazing watching the team turn completely around. Not because of the play calling, not because of the fans. It was because their confidence went up and they got fired up.

In reality, that is what is missing on this team. There is no fire. Something needs to be done in the locker room to fire them up like the 2005-2008 group.