1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaquille Richardson - Injury Settlement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't understand, I thought he was just on IR? They released him?

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Because they settle for 5 the rd picks and don't take the time to develop

4. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Nothing will be any different until we abandon this silly defensive philosophy and draft some real talent to our cornerback position. Our linebackers and DL might not be great anymore but they look 10x worse because we have the worst cornerbacks in the league.

5. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben is the problem....Ben is the problem.....he's not an accurate pocket passer, never has been. If he was flushed out of the pocket he would have hit Wheaton in stride

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Wait what?

7. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    If you would put Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning behind this O-Line, they'd get sacked all the time. You try throwing accurately every snap when you have defenders bearing down on you every other play. I'll agree that he didn't play well in the Superbowl's, he'll agree with that. I'll agree that he sometimes takes sacks when he shouldn't. But sometimes he gets out of stuff he prolly shouldn't. I'll agree with a lot- about most of our team. But getting rid of Ben- our franchise QB is laughable. We would be DONE.

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Put the QB's you mentioned behind our O line and most of them would be on IR.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Truth!!!

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ummm... wrong thread...maybe...???

11. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He hijacked the thread.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was thinking Tourettes.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, no clue what these guys are talking about....

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    What is the weather like your way? (I thought this was the random thought thread)

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    it was the best looking camel in the pack

16. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

This is a BS argument. Watch other games and watch other QB get the ball out so much faster. Watch Romo run for his life back there and make a miracle escape, or Wilson, or Kapernick or Rogers, even Flacco. Watch Rivers get the ball out sometime. Alot of QBs move around great to take pressure off them. Brees is great with knowing exactly where to step up or side step without having to look around. He feels the pressure and make a quick, decisive, efficient move and then passes the ball.

Maybe putting some of those QBs behind our line would make the line look really good.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not a bs argument, shes' totally right. They did a piece on Ben last year, he was getting the ball out as fast as anybody but when you have plays that aren't designed for short passes those are the ones Ben is getting killed on. Believe it or not, even Brees, Brady, Peyton and anyone else, have to hold the ball longer then 2 seconds when they aren't throwing quick screens, difference is they get time. I was drooling over the time Brady was getting against the Jets. Also, Brady and Peyton crumble like a deck of cards against real pressure, I don't know where you got that they don't.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thanks kev. munchaks Johnson could have been pretty valuable too last night when we were out of tackles. Colbert has to go. FKCI.:cool:

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And that's why you don't wait until the fifth round to draft a CB, when you're a CB needy team.

20. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It is purely a hypothetical arguement and you cannot say those other QBs could not play behind the line we have. Everyone knows that many of Ben's sacks are due to looking for a bigger play as opposed to the quick hitter or dump off to a RB. How many times in the past have we seen a RB open in the flat and Ben continue to look for the big play? Now with Bell really showing and the change in Ben from haley's offensive plan, we are seeing more of that. Also, the way Ben plays makes things hard on the line, as they often do not know where he will be. But to just claim other QBs would get killed is purely hypothetical. You really do not know how they would do. Other QBs might be better at identifying things pre-snap. Ben is hard to bring down, and uses that. So is Luck, but he is much faster. Flacco can be tough to bring down. Did you see Russel Wilson evade the rush? What about Romo - I think that guy is Houdini at times - and he has taken a beating as well over the years. Rogers changed his style up because they could not protect him in previous years. Yes, Brady gets alot of time, and he makes the best of it. But to say that only Ben could play behind our line is purely speculation.