1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the more disappointing player(s)?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 1, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    For me it's Worilds they're paying him 9 million, and so far he has 1 sack I thought he would get double digit sacks this season. Usually when players are in their contract year they ball out, good thing they didn't give him a long term deal. He can leave after the season and let some team other overpay him. Also Mike Mitchell it looks like we got the Mitchell from the Raiders, not the Mitchell from the Panthers who made plays for them last season. And he was our big free agent signing :facepalm:.

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Cortez Allen.

Mitchell has been poor, but I remember that Clark had some teething issues as well. I'm willing to see how it plays out there, though you can't hit a winner with every FA I guess.

Allen doesn't have that excuse. Should be better.

3. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    For me it would hafto be Cortez Allen and Marcus Gilbert. We hafto endure years of these guys stinking up the place.

4. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd say Cam Thomas, but I think we all expected him to be a dissapointment. He's lived up to that billing.

I'd consider Worilds, considering what he's getting paid. But I honestly thought he wasn't worth re-signing anyway.

Cortez is probably the biggest dissapointment though. This was supposed to be the year he took the number one spot from Ike. He's only playing as a number one because Ike is injured.

5. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I would say Cortez Allen and Worilds. Polamalu is up there, though.

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cortez Allen without a doubt. Mike Mitchell is a close second. I would agree with rmorphy - Troy is not having that great of a year either.

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Jarvis Jones. I could be wrong but the drafting of Jones is going to be right up there with the Darryl Sims pick.

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Ben and his mid pack qbr oh

and his sacks and turnovers

oh
    and
    his lack of fire,just going through the motions self.

oh
    and his
    inability to lead

9. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Worilds & Jones, Mitchell, and Allen. The rest of starters have either met my expectations or (in the case of Bell & Wheaton) exceeded them or been injured.

10. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    As far as being disappointed about players actions, I would have to say pot head Bell, what a bone head decision to smoke pot then drive, just before boarding a plane with the team...... As far as a players performance on the field I would have to say Jarvis Jones, he really doesn't seem to improve the defense as much as is expected of him.

11. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I truly believe if we can get our front seven to create heavy pressure, Mitchell Gay & Allen will all be solid players. We create absolutely no pressure

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i would say cam thomas , but i already knew he was a bust , i'm disapointed with mithchell i thought he was good , but i still give him some time

13. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Cortez Allen, Jason Worilds and Cam Thomas. But the most surprising is Cortez Allen. I really thought he would be a lot better than he's shown.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes - I think the frustrating thing is that it's not like he's trying to make big plays and messing up, like Troy. He just doesn't look comfortable in the position he's playing.

But as ThrowToHeath may have mentioned once or twice, that is also related to how the d-line have played.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There are plenty.
    1. Worilds - we need him to be a force on the edge. He has been anything but. He has not generated much pressure, and some of the big gash run plays against us (especially vs. Cleveland) were outside zones to his area where he was completely controlled, allowing the back to have his choice of holes.
    2. Beachum - I'm floored at how poorly he's played. Based on how he finished last season, I expected him to be adequate this season. I had no illusions about him being a top flight starter, but I thought he would be OK. He has been horrid, and is going to get Ben killed sooner rather than later if he doesn't pick it up.
    3. Cortez - Ugh. I really expected solid play from him. Never mind the coverage issues, the guy has been a terrible tackler all year. I was happy with his contract, now I'm not so sure.
    4. Gilbert - I had fairly low expectations for him in pass protection, so I'm not surprised at what I've seen. The contract disgusts me, and handcuffs us when trying to build the rest of our line with better players. On a positive note, he's been pretty solid run blocking. Too bad he has cement shoes in pass protection.
    5. Mitchell - He's not getting it at all. I hope the light goes on soon. It's way too soon to give up on him, but it's just not going well so far.
    6. Cam Thomas - i KNEW he was awful, so it's hard to say that I'm disappointed in him. My disappointment is that he's seeing the field at all.... so on that note, maybe who I'm really disappointed in is Tuitt for not grabbing a position that't there for the taking.

I don't get how anyone can say Jarvis Jones. I was critical of the front office relying on him to be our primary pass rusher heading into the season, but I think he's improved dramatically. Consider him vs. Worilds: In 2 1/2 games, JJ has 14 tackles, 4 assists, 2 sacks and 1 forced fumble. In 4 games, Worilds has 10 tackles, 3 assists and 1 sack (week 1 against Cleveland). Additionally, JJ has been much more stout against the run. I'm actually pretty optimistic that he may live up to his draft status when he gets healthy again.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This list is spot on and I agree, don't how JJ is making peoples list.

One thing about Gilbert though, I got this from one of the articles posted here today, said that Gilbert didn't allow a single QB pressure Sunday? Is that true? I just assumed he did because they looked so terrible out there.

Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked 11 times, tied for the second most in the NFL behind the injured Chad Henne's 16 for Jacksonville — but four fewer than he had through four games in 2013.
    Tackles Kelvin Beachum and Marcus Gilbert have allowed four sacks each — tied for the second most in the league — although Gilbert didn't permit even a single QB pressure Sunday.

18. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Same here. Ben play is Jekyll and Hyde. He'll play like a superstar for a quarter or two then he'll play like a scared rookie. Except for inside the red zone. He is pretty much ineffective. Same old sh*t from him the last three or four years.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by darcrav [​IMG]
    Ben and his mid pack qbr oh

and his sacks and turnovers

oh
    and
    his lack of fire,just going through the motions self.

oh
    and his
    inability to lead

You guys are crazy lol

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I have to say McLendon because we've given up so much on the ground and when we had Casey we didn't do that. I can't say I'm disappointed in Gilbert because I've never liked him anyway. In a way I'd have to also say AB because he really needs to be stepping up and being a leader and he still makes stupid mistakes and sorta seems to put himself before the team. I don't think he MEANS to do that but ultimately he does and I'm getting really sick of it. If he wants to be truly great he needs to be the whole package and how he carries himself is a big part of that.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not sure who decides when to count a pressure, but I thought his guy was about 1/2 step behind Johnson in getting to Ben on the 1st quarter strip sack.

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Also he got pushed back in to Ben when Ben hurt his hand on his helmet.

24. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ill second that ill even add an adjective if TTF will let me

youguys are ****ing crazy

oh apparently he wont let me

25. Lieut512

Lieut512 Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Let's give the guy a chance he's missed most of two games.