1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are 18–18 since Haley took over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    We as Steelers fans have been experiencing way too many losses over the last two years and this is unacceptable with the franchise quarterback that we have. We are wasting valuable years that he has left

2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Haley equates to about 5% of the problem in my opinion. He had the perfect play dialed up with the flea flicker. If Brown makes that catch instead of running the route while contemplating what kind of stupid @$$ endzone celebration he's going to do so he can get flagged, we're 3-1 and Haley looks like a genius.

The problem is our complete and utter lack of discipline, which Tomlin is responsible for!

3. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Like SC said, Haley is the least of the problem. The majority of the problem is what does ownership see in Tomlin that makes them think that he runs this thing professionally/constructively? To me they don't seem to be in good hands if we're looking at the face value of what we see week in and week out. Why doesn't ownership hold Tomlin accountable?

I don't mean to hijack the thread but this is my view

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we are declining on defense not on offense

5. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    SC Gamecock and Steel Haven both put it correctly!
    When does FO have enough? Just because the Steelers org has had such a low coach turn-over doesn't mean that we need to keep an ineffective coach (or his staff)

6. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This^^^

7. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I can see it now ... Rooney retires Tomlin and hires Todd Haley as our new head coach.

8. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Well hey..., Haley (as head coach) is 1-0 vs Tomlin head to head :lolol:

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The only problem I have had with Haley this year. Is the play calling on the last drive on the Bucs game, his Redzone play calls and the 7 quarter Touchdown lull between Cleveland and Carolina.

Other than that, the offense looks pretty darn good most of the time.

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Haley is my cuz even though I never met him or his dad Dick but, the offense isn't the problem. It was on Sunday on the last series but the D is what is killing us. The O did not let CLE come back and almost beat us. The O did give the ball back without trying a pass Sunday, I put that one on Haley, then again Tomlin should have known what he was getting ready to do

11. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    This I feel is the problem. You always hear about how the steelers have only had 3 HC in the last 50 yrs yada yada, when the coach is not performing year after year let him go. The coaching thing is a organizational thing for the steelers to hang their hat on. Look at us we have only had 3 coaches in 50 yrs, 6 superbowls, yada, yada. Who cares get the right guy for the next 10-15 yrs.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Haley isn't perfect, but he's doing a far better job than our DC and head coach. I think pretty much all of our offensive issues lie with poor pass protection, especially by our tackles.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I agree. I am not that upset about the offense except that, in short yardage situations, we ALWAYS do the same thing. We are very predictable. Having said that, I just don't think Ben and Haley are on the same page. I know they keep insisting they are, but what I see on the sidelines just doesn't say that.

15. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    In all sincerity, do you go to the games? I ask because I don't, so on tv you can't see it. Just wondering if you attend the games and notice this

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I attended the Tampa game and saw no sign nor evidence Haley and Ben were not on the same page..

If I were Ben and the call came in to run on that last play I would have changed the play. So why does Ben not change the play ?

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  19. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  20. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Screw that. It should never have come down to that one play. Ben, get a couple of first downs and the game is over. Quit playing like your scared. There I said it.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It doesn't matter who called it. If multiple linemen execute, it's a first down.

22. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben has not looked the same since Upshaw lit him up in Baltimore!

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Boom! Munch must have been mortified with that game.

24. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i don't remember very well but didn't they were blitzing the run all 3 tentatives?

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I keep hearing "execution" in defense of the coaches. When execution is constantly a problem, it's on the coaches.