1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Last night changes nothing for me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Horrible loss, one of the most painful I can think of in a long time but in the end, it changes nothing. I've maintained all along that we are a team in transition and called it after last weeks stellar performance that you will see more games like last night, I just never envisioned in such heartbreaking fashion :noose:

I'm still maintaining that as the season plays on, you'll see more performances like they had against Carolina and less performances like last night. There are fans who will always point to the coaches and their are fans who will always point to player execution, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I do believe that Tomlin will right the ship when it is all said and done.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I still believe the arrow is pointing up for this team. I think we end up somewhere around 5–3 or 4–4 at the halfway point of the season. Then we make a run for and make the playoffs.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Pro's:
    Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Big Ben, Heath Miller.

The Con's: Pretty much the whole defense outside Cam Heyward and Lawerence Timmons.

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Our record is exactly where I expected it to be at this point, albeit not quite the same outcomes I expected. The Tampa loss just shows me that we really can lose to anybody.

5. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    unfortunately that Carolina win doesnt look very impressive anymore

6. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I would add Wheaton to the Pros list.

7. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    that pros list will be very small compared to the cons list. not too many bright spots so far.

they are 2-2 with 2 bad loses. they got blown out by a very good team in the Ravens and lost to an 0-3 at home. they barely beat the Browns and they did beat Carolina on the road, but that win doesnt look very good anymore after they got blown out by the Ravens.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So you are saying Carolina is worse then Tampa? Why, because the Ravens beat them too? When did the Ravens become bad?

I dont care who they were playing, I saw a team play near flawless football and that is something they havent been doing with consistency. Has nothing to do with the opponent, Steelers keep beating themselves.

And for what its worth, some people had Tampa making the playoffs. Two of their top play makers were missing last week against Atlanta.

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    :this!:

10. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Playoffs Playoffs 9-7 is not going to cut it this year in the AFC. More like 11-5 or 10-6. wWe will be lucky to get to 8-8 this year

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who said 9-7? Not me. I believe we will make the playoffs! I choose to be optimistic!

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd sure like to see us at full strength for a few weeks. with these guys all being able to practice together for several weeks and then we could have something.

we are going to miss ike that is for sure. people may think he is done but that's a big blow to us back there. it could take a couple of weeks to get the new d- backfield working together. we not only have new parts we still have young parts. when all those parts are not able to practice together it creates voids.

shazier too. he was getting all the reps before.

gay wasn't taking all of ikes snaps prior to last week as a starter with cortez. Mitchell is still trying to fit with this group and it gets changed now. shamarko has been on the mend too and not practicing with all these new parts. trying to figure if webb or blake or McCain is capable , let alone getting one of them meshing in at a spot with all the other changes. it's all mixed up, so this is still a work in progress. I think a couple of weeks could be helpful, with a healthy group.:cool:

13. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Nothing has really changed for me either. I started the season thinking we had depth problems on d and I still think it. I started the season thinking we would get eaten up in the secondary and I still think it. I started the season thinking we weren't good enough to win the Super Bowl and I still think it. I honestly expect 8-8. We really are in rebuilding mode and you just don't get very far in that mode. I DO think we could get back sooner rather than later though if we can just get some guys on D. I feel good about our o going forward and I honestly wouldn't care if most of our next draft focused on d besides trying to let Munchak find a good lineman or two.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah well you're doopid and don't know what you are talking about.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah well I know you are but what am I not.

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we need an olb before corner backs , worilds should let go

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Tall? :shrug:

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Changes nothing for me either. What I witnessed in week 1 made me realize we are still the exact same team as we have been the past few years. We're a team that can explode for a quarter or a half, and every now and then a full game, but for the most part we're not a good football team. I didn't expect us to lose to TB (although I did expect a nail biter), but it doesn't shock me that we lost either. That's the worst part, this massive upset doesn't surprise me in the least. That's the kind of team we've become, I knew that before this week, so this loss changes nothing for me either.

We are who thought we were, but if you want to crown them Blast Furnace, go ahead and crown their asses, but we are who we thought we were!

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL!!!! I may not be tall but you are certainly low! HA!!!

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL :lolol:

Oh Im crowning them! :yeehaw:

Just an FYI, NE is getting their butts kicked by KC. There doesn't seem to be a lot separating teams this season, seems to get less every year, parity at its finest.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Go check out the FBBI thread some wiseguy started. I wish TTF would ban that jerk man!

22. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm sure we will hit our stride with our talent and finish strong just like last season. However; our starts suck and this cost us and that is a leadership problem. I don't except that if we come on at the end a ****ty start with a non disciplined team all is well. We need to win the easy games especially at home; our Steelers players and coaches are letting us down

23. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
  25. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I see us putting together a 5-1 record In the last 6 games. Now if the record is 3-7 at that time or 7-3, that is the question.