1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwayne Haskins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelrules, Apr 9, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There are other threads to talk about the QB depth, a man just lost his life, who gives a crap about the QB depth right now :facepalm:.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Haskins was on his way to the airport, and his rental car was out of gas, that's what being reported.

3. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

How do you make that much $$ and run out of gas?..is that a new FB / twitter challenge to see how far u can go on a empty tank?..
    . Does he not know how to read a gas gage. ? I mean this could have been avoided in multipe differint ways.. ..

5. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Really? Take this to the Browns MB.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So this waste of sperm has decided to become a social media influencer by filming car accidents?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Wtf is that supposed to mean..

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Honestly I’m just thinking of him as a person. Yeah Steelers probably won’t do good but nothing new lol.

I truly feel bad for him and his family. Just reminds me daily life isn’t fair and you shouldn’t take anything for granted.

it’s one thing to be a scumbag and die suddenly, but this guy genuinely learned from his faults and was trying hard to change things. Like I said it hurts

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just an observation. You’re being a complete tool.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Dude what the serious phuck is your problem? We aren't talking about anyone else's death. We are talking about Dwayne Haskins. Of course we all feel bad. Haskins was a player on a team we are all fans of. On top of that this is a young 24 year old kid. That hits hard for me because I have two sons in their mid 20s. I can tell you from personal experience they do not always make the right decisions in every situation. None of us did when we were that age.

How would you feel if a close family member passed away, and some yahoo kept reminding you that your grief is insignificant because other people also died that day.

Your posts in this thread borderline amongst the dumbest, and most insensitive things I have ever read on this board. All of us here feel bad for Haskins and his family. No one here is being "PC" as you put it. I think you are trying so hard to be "anti-PC" that you are making an ass of yourself.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Based on your description, is it possible his car was on a slope of the highway, where he could have been concerned that oncoming cars in his lane wouldn't see him stopped there in time to keep from hitting him? If so, it makes perfect sense why he wouldn't want to stay in the car, and would want to get to a "safer" spot on the side of the road.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I also have a son in his late 20's, also i have lost many friends family members most suddenly,,,,,, And lets be honest, Sadley this woudnt even be a thread if he wasn't a Steeler.. .. Hell a lot on here was putting him down just a few weeks ago,... Anyway think / say what you want abt me i dont give a ****,.. im done commenting on this subject

• Like Like x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm still in shock over the untimely death of Haskins. I hate it for friends and family of Haskins, Steelers organization and Steelers fans. But I don't understand the animosity against being concerned over QB depth. The same people who complain the most about political correctness are the most easily offended. It's a pattern here and it persists.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I don't have a problem about talking QB depth and God knows I've went off topic on many threads, but it just seems very insensitive to use this particular thread to discuss it. Idk maybe I'm just old fashioned, but damn another thread maybe???

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would bet most Guys have had 2 work on a vehicle on the side of the road. At least change a tire.:shrug:
    My Grandfather's best friend was under the hood on the side of the highway when He got rear-ended, and My Stepfather friend was changing a tire when He got sides wiped. Sad really. So I've been worried every time 2 say the least.

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm::facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I don't post much on weekends unless the season is in progress. I just don't like something with a plug determining what I do.

RE: DeWayne Haskins.
    I didn't speak well of his skills and attitude, but that is as far as it went.
    He knew that as well as during our days in Washington, the conversation could range from music to whatever.
    I was disappointed in his performance as a QB, it was like he didn't apply himself.
    But Haskins, the person was different.

The last words I ever had to him were about fishing.
    He remembered my hobby and even talked about going out on my boat.

I can't say I was his friend; I am more just a guy that said hi and passed casual conversation.

I didn't pick him to win this competition, but I did have hopes he might.
    I said as much when he first signed.

A tragedy is just that, a tragedy.
    I can't believe some of the asinine crap I've seen posted on twitter when I first heard of this today.
    These sickos are what is wrong with the world today.. absolutely brainless.
    RIP DeWayne and good fortune on your next journey.

• Like Like x 5
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You should sit this one out, just so you don't make yourself look any worse :rolleyes:.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It doesn't mean you need to keep posting about QB depth in a thread about Haskins death, there are plenty of other threads to talk about the QBs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They were only going to keep 3 QBs on the active roster anyway, Trubisky, Mason, and a rookie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I
    Life is not fair and it can turn in a second. Recently in Philly area a 21 year old girl was driving under the influence and slammed into two cops helping a motorist. Both cops and the motorist died. She was wrong for sure and now her life has completely changed for the worse. I read she was a decent person who probably thought she could handle a little buzz driving and now her life is destroyed not to mention the three dead and those they left behind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Amen. Amen.
    The wife asked. Why get out of the car? Call someone first, hang tight, there are plenty of roadside assistance. Rental company, FHP...

And i will apologize for my comment earlier to all who it bothered.
    People deal with things differently.
    I remember when my Pops died the beautiful man. I walked back into the house after smoking a cigarette and yelled " I KNOW. SHUT THE DOOR!!!"

• Like Like x 3
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    Absolutely. The video that trucker made that someone posted showed the truck being picked up on a flat section, that looks like the area of 595 that is East of 95 and runs along the North side of Fort Lauderdale airport. There is some run off and grass past the shoulders in both directions in that area. West of 95 is where there is none. It's literally the shoulder then concrete walls. Someone mentioned the latest reports were he was on his way to the airport and ran out of gas. He likely would have been going East on 595 so maybe he stopped on the left lane shoulder on the eastbound side, then tried to cross the westbound lanes to get to the other side since there is nothing but the airport on the East side.

• Like Like x 1
  25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not posing an excuse by any means and not saying this is what happened, but there are a lot of rental car companies that rent the car out near empty (so you have to add whatever gas you need) and then say "return it empty or at the same low level". I absolutely hate that policy and always felt that this could be a potential result.

• Like Like x 1