1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwayne Haskins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelrules, Apr 9, 2022.

1. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Just saw this. That’s heartbreaking.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    America

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    There is validity to what Gil Brant is saying, but this is neither the time nor the place for those sorts of comments. Regardless of age Brant should be embarrassed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    OK

6. 4124life

Oct 15, 2018
    Gil brant can eat a dick. 24 year old man dies and he just can’t help but put his bs two cents in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    AND DA BALLS.

Dallas Cowboy POS GFY

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And now Fox News headline added the words "Homicide Investigation" to the story based on the quote - "A traffic homicide investigation is ongoing, FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) said."

So what does this even mean? Not seeing it anywhere else. How does getting hit running across a freeway turn into a homicide? Guess we will find out soon enough. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. 4124life

Oct 15, 2018
    I don’t know who all the young people that died today are. A young steeler died so we are talking about it. The hell are you on about ?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    I understand where you are coming from.
    I am now saying a prayer
    I tend do this everyday anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

If they're brought to my attention, I absolutely do

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah, looks like the kid was worried about getting somewhere and decided to try and cross the highway.

He made it out like there was something wrong with the kid jogging on the highway working out. That's just a garbage thinking.

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Prayers for strength and healing for his loved ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

What i got out of what he said, was. That Haskins constantly made bad decisions, .... I never thought he meant he was actually Jogging on the highway...

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Still it's a bad take. Making what someone else would consider a bad life choice decision isn't the same as thinking you can make it across a street and paying the ultimate price.

Hell I rode one of these down a Florida highway to get to work in high school. Same road we lost another classmate trying to cross.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    NBC is also reporting that there is "an open homicide investigation". Just pure speculation on my part but it might be that as a matter of protocol any time a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle that there is an investigation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I don't know why he was on or near traffic on an interstate on foot. I will say that I do see folks, very rarely, walking along the highway. There may very well have been a legit reason for Haskins on or near the active roadway (again should be rare). The problem I have with some of the people walking along the highway is how close they walk to a white line. Some are literally a foot or two from that white line, walking like they were on a culdesac sidewalk. How many times do we see a car wander at or just off the white line in a few mile stretch on a busy highway?

If he was crossing traffic lanes as seems to be claimed, then obviously he just did not see this dump truck. It was around dawn hours (not sure sunrise in FLA) so it's possible it was that awful time of day when visibility is tricky. It's possible the truck did not have lights on, but it was still twilight out. It wouldn't help if he had nothing reflective on (like runners/bikers usually do) or was decked out in dark clothing).

All said, it sure sounds like just a tragic accident and rotten luck. I am curious to hear the details later and what is believed to have occurred. Hopefully no dash cam video. That would be awful. Maybe there is a traffic camera mounted high on a pole a mile away that might have caught it, even if grainy, to give an idea of whether he just mistakenly walked right in front of a helpless driver merely a hundred feet away or maybe the driver was way out of his lane (sleepy, not paying attention), but regardless, a person hit on a highway usually is considered an accident based on the fact no drive expects people to be walking on a highway.

We all need to remember if we have car trouble or some awful multi-car pileup (fog, ice, heavy rain) that we get far away from the roadway, way off the shoulder, even up the embankment some or at the first row of trees or the fence. Don't be the person with the smart phone out trying to get closeups. I saw this in that PA snow squall pileup and just shook my head...whomever that was is just lucky to be alive right now with cars and tractor trailers skidding all over the place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I would think that is correct. I guess its really an open accident investigation that resulted in a fatality, so they word it homicide. When I see homicide, I do mistake it often with murder, but they are not the same and I have to jog my brain at times to remind myself that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Horrific news. 24 is ridiculously young to go. RIP Dwayne

Terrible

20. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Very tragic and sad news. Prayers go out to his family.

21. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

• Like Like x 2
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dang. I'm going 2 blame it on Him being 90 then. :shrug:
    I can't believe anyone with a good healthy brain would say this.:shrug:

23. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    This is heartbreaking. I live down here around 10 miles away from where this happened and saw it on local news before it was reported to be Dwayne. It still wasn't being reported locally it was him when Schefter posted on Twitter but it wasn't hard to connect the reports. It's mind boggling because they are saying it occurred near where Rt. 95 intersects with Rt. 595. There is literally nothing in that area to cross too. The highway is 4 to 5 lanes wide on both sides and mostly elevated until 595 intersects with the FL. Turnpike a mile or so West. The only thing I can think of is he broke down (ran out of gas?) in the left lanes and was trying to get to the right lane shoulder but even so it's a long walk to get anywhere near someplace to exit the highway. They said it happened at at 6:37 AM, it is still dark at that time even though the sky is beginning to light up. Still in shock, my thoughts and prayers are with his family, the Steelers, and everyone who is affected by this.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'd have run into you for riding one of those. LoL. :lolol:
    Not really :thumbs_up:

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is exactly why I said ....I bet Mason is glad He didn't go.

• Agree Agree x 1