1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranking of Teams on Free Agency moves

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelReal, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    With Lamar healthy they lost to Cincinnati 41-17 in Baltimore. Lamar had an “efficient” day completing 48% of his passes.

Also, they scored under 20 points 5 out of Lamar’s last 6 games before he missed the rest of the season. The cracks were already beginning to show.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Well almost all independent rankings are giving the Steelers an average rating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Average based on improving the team, or average based on newsworthinesses? The latter is what the media care the most about. We substantially improved what may have been the worst interior offensive line in the league with relatively inexpensive contracts. Sexy? No. Valuable to us? Yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Totally agree. Our team has gotten a LOT better over the FA period. Improved the two spots on the OL that killed us last year in C and RG, added a quality LB to a corps that was our Achilles' Heel in run defense last year, added a quality corner on a solid contract and locked up a few of our own players who were positive contributors last year. That's not even to mention grabbing a QB that at the very least is an upgrade on what we had on the roster before the signing, and did so at a reasonable price. We still have a SS and WR to add. Maybe that will come via FA and maybe we will rely on the draft.

Did we win the Super Bowl in the offseason? No. However overall, I feel pretty good about the direction we took with the money we had available to us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So. You don't have to beat everybody in your division to win it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    FA what’s the infatuation with the Ravens and Lamar about? I personally think Lamar’s arrow is pointing down due to teams scheming him and injuries from running so much.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yes, if he even loses a step from injuries then he is done. Running is the main part of his game, Jackson doesn't have the ability to be a pocket passer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you are over estimating how much thought some people put into their posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Did you watch Lamar against Miami last season? He had no clue how to attack them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I guarantee the ravens better be working on that ....if they can.

11. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    I think you’re right. I was just really noting the rating as a point of interest. The media doesn’t run our team and they’re Wrong a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I'll give Cowherd some credit. When FA started and they were covering it more closely he gave the Steelers a lot of positive mention.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It only lasted for a few days and then he went back into his obsession with Brady and Rodgers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Yes, I actually have to turn it off as I'm driving on my route lol. For the last couple of weeks nearly every half hour is started with LeBron and the Lakers. A team that did not make the playoffs and they are the only thing he talks about lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Better than Skip, and Shannon....they only Have 3 topics a day ....Cowboys, L. James , and T. Brady. Everything else is either about those 3 things, or only gets about 5 mins of air time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bayless obsession with the Cowboys is sad and pathetic. I don't see how Sharpe puts up with it, year after year. Cowboys haven't been an elite team in the NFC since the mid 90's. Cowboys lost their #1 WR and #2 edge rusher. On the road to nowhere with Jerry Jones.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I have the radio on in the van while making deliveries, it's just noise, but my stomach can only handle so much lmao. We lost the local ESPN feed, 3 stations all owned by the same owner and he quit on them. So I'm stuck with Dan Patrick and Cowherd..usually not bad really, or some local Philly shows. Honestly the Philly guys have more interesting topics than the national guys.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear You. Actually Dan Patrick, and Colin C...can be entertaining. I do find Myself arguing at them quite often though. LoL :thumbs_up:

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think the Steelers have improved their team this off season
    and look/hope for more at the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Mahomes looked like he had no clue in the 2nd half against the Bengals. Burrow looked lost vs Tennessee and the rams. Your point? It happens.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They may still make the playoffs. That division is terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I was a lamar fan prior to him coming into the nfl. I think his ability to pass has been vastly underrated. Is he mahomes or someone like that? Obviously not but he's shown on NUMEROUS occasions that he is a more than enough capable passer to win games.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He has also shown on more occasions that He is not processing Quickly enough what He sees(this ...as I've said before... has nothing 2 do with intelligence)....That's why He either takes off running, or stands there taking a sack. There is a reason teams take certain liberties with His Wrs on the outside. Has it bitten them on the A$$ before???....Yes....but most the times not.
    Biggest % of time the only time You have 2 worry about a Wrs on the deep sidelines, or outside the hash marks... is if Lamar is scrambling that direction. If You don’t buy what I'm saying....there is ton of tape that proves this.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're making excuses for Lamar because he couldn't handle the blitz, he's not good making throws outside the numbers.

• Winner Winner x 1