1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers sign Mitch Trubisky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by YinzerBuckeye, Mar 14, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If we draft Pickett a lot of fans will expect instant results.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'm telling you, there's a chance this works out well. If not, didn't cost much at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I would except him to ride the pine for a year unless he is outstanding in camp

But I don’t see the pick happening

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If they draft a QB, I'm gonna be pissed. You have Rudolph, who you believed to be a 1st rounder, and two other RECENT 1st rounders. How about we just take a breath here and see how this shakes out before you start throwing high draft picks at QB's who, most believe, have a higher than average bust ratio? Which is already high.

Especially when they have maybe 10 potential 1st rd QB's coming out next year to choose from. This strategy is idiotic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :this!:THIS

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Cool:thumbs_up:, and all that will be thrown out the window as soon as We draft a Qb this Year :shrug:
    Nothing says I want You more. LoL :lolol:

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The reality is if we draft a QB it doesn't matter how well it works out, that rookie is going to eventually start.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Trubisky knows he has to prove himself. Why do you think he got a two year deal that they can easily cut after one.

Hope you don’t invest, you sound like an all your eggs in one basket investor!

As long as we are throwing around what if’s, what if Trubisky is who he was in Chicago and the QB the Steelers draft is the next franchise guy????

GASP! Mind blown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm looking forward to this season. At worse he turns into a decent QB who is surrounded by a great team. Every teams thinks they win if they have a great QB and coach.

We still have a few other positions of need. But this team is young. So it'll grow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I don't know how having 2 first round draft picks Qbs ,and a 3 round Qb....with a supposedly 1st round grade is putting all your eggs in one basket....., but I guess You can explain that 2 Me.:shrug:
    How about We don't waste our money on a guy like Trubisky in the 1st place (spend it elsewhere ) if Your going 2 draft the next Qb .....wow money saved, or How about We move up trade away draft picks .....get a new Qb ....He sucks.....now We have spent money on a Qb that sucks, and gave away draft picks for a Qb that sucks....We have no 1st round picks for next year.....WoW team sucks, and We could have done all that without trading away draft picks, or paying a Qb 2 come in.:shrug::shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Your mind is fascinating :lolol:

Riding into the season with just Trubisky is putting all your eggs in one basket, why are you mentioning a QB drafted 3 years ago as if he has a part in this lol.

You’re so sure of yourself that none of these QB’s in the draft have a future but if the Steelers feel one of them is the guy, it would be dumb of them not to draft him.

If you end up having two good QB’s, not the worst problem to have. Can always trade one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. No Your mind, and thought process is fascinating. LoL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I also don't see Pickett around at our pick, and I THINK the Steelers
    will not move up to get him. Not enough draft capital. He is the most accurate of all QB's
    Think Mac Jones with better athletic ability.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    With that the Saints just did to get an extra first rounder there's just no way. They're obviously using one of those on a QB imo.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've been saying this, but since We did bring Him in ....I want 2 give Him a shot. Honestly I wish They'd really put everything aside, and have a true Qb competition before We draft a new Qb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if Trubisky comes in and plays well. He will still have the shadow of Big Ben of old hanging over him. Even still the best QB will be the one not on or roster. If he starts games with a 3 and out, he will be booed, even if this has been the Ben standard post elbow injury.

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Putting any faith in Haskins at this point is idiotic, so it is time to stop with this rhetoric about the Steelers having two recent first-rounders in the mix. It is factually accurate, but irrelevant. Haskins is a bust. He was such a disaster that Washington gave up on him after two seasons despite taking him very high. Maybe it was just immaturity and he will wake up, but there is no evidence pointing to that happening.

Now let's address the bit about the team believing Rudolph was a first-round talent. If the Steelers really believed that, they would have been morons to pass on him in the second round. Colbert is not a moron. Neither is Tomlin. Teams talk up their draft picks. Apply some critical thinking and understand that the things they say when doing that aren't exactly true. Even if it were true, he has shown in the three seasons since then that he is not the answer. Like Roethlisberger the last two years, he simply limits the passing game options too much. Teams can mostly ignore entire sections of the field if he is back there. Sure, he throws a nice deep ball, but he's not going to attack the middle and he's not big on intermediate routes. It's all short stuff and bombs. Didn't we see enough of that the last two seasons?

I like Trubisky. I think he can at least be solid, and perhaps there is some upside left to tap into in his game, but he is the only one of the three quarterbacks currently on the roster who looks like he has the potential to be anything but a backup. I'm not saying you are wrong about waiting until next season to draft a quarterback. Pickett is the only one in this class that I think should be a first-round pick, and he's going to be long gone. I'm very concerned that they will throw away a large package of resources to move up for Willis, which I believe would be a terrible decision, but let's not overrate the returning quarterbacks on the roster. Remember, even the other players on the team focused mostly on the team bringing somebody from the outside. Even they seem to know that neither Rudolph nor Haskins is the answer.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Never follow kids or a dog on stage

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Dad: It's complicated but let me try to explain. Honey, would you sleep with the neighbor for 100,000$?

Mom: Yes of course because I know we need the money.

Dad: Very good. Alright now Tasha, would you have sex with the neighbor's son for 200,000$?

Daughter: Yeah sure!

Dad: Perfect. So you see son, right now we would have 300,000 fictional dollars but in reality we have two whores in this house.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Wasn’t a popular pick among Bears fans :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I told You...half My family lives in Chicago, and 2 a Man they thought He sucked.
    Be cool if We made Him into a HOF Qb.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Have to rebuild the QB room somehow soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So I see Darcrav is back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1