1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trubisky vs. Watson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SF Steel, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    All these Browns Fans have gone from Orthopedic Shoulder Surgeons, to Criminal Defense Attorneys!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Such is the Twitter Life I am afraid. Everyone wants to be experts (or are and in a limited capacity) and state what "the truth" is. Problem is... that is their truth.. not the actual facts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sun & Steel

Sun & Steel Active Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Correctamungo. My last concert was theirs at the Jiffy Lube Center in VA a couple of years ago. Their one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

My first Maiden album and shirt was Piece of Mind, too!

• Like Like x 2
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, the way some of these people think, the league should just hand them a couple of Lombardi's and be done with it.

I do not understand. If they got Rodgers, I would understand. They got a skilled guy that's never won a damn thing with a sh!t ton of legal issues hanging over his head. And Steeler Nation is suppose to shake in their collective sneakers. I personally think it's silly as hell, but whatever.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    One word to describe those teams. Brutal. No one could intimidate them, not even the Raiders. Teams could stay with them at times and maybe steal a win, but said team still took a physical beating. That's what made their run defense so hard to watch last season. Very disturbing watching a Steeler defensive unit get trampled.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    AB7C7007-68A1-4D8E-9915-3BE29C214514.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Other than the 22 massage therapists, I don't know why everyone else is all over Deshaun's nuts. It's not like he's won anything in the NFL. Total head case on and off the field, freaking sat out all last season for no reason, like Le'veon.

This guy isn't a winner or a leader, he's a sick, spoiled, entitled prick that I will absolutely enjoy watch getting destroyed by Watt and Company.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    All this may be true and I also would love our D to smack them around.

That being said we have Mitchell Trubisky as our starting QB so who’s the joke really on? Has anyone ever watched film on this man throwing downfield? :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I understand wanting the defense to be better, in all phases.
    But if you had to chose only one or the other, in a pass-happy league having a good pass defense is a higher priority.
    In 2020, when the Steelers were 3rd in the league in defense (points and yards), they achieved that with only a slightly-above average run defense (around 12th).

Consider the Ravens last year.
    They had a top-5 run defense and run offense. (Smash-mouth football, right?)
    They also had one of the worst pass defenses. Had a losing season. Despite gaining 249 yards on the ground in their last game (compared to 79 by the Steelers), they still got swept by the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

I agree about being better off with mitch. I really have always had high hopes for him after he was able to get away from Chicago where he got anything but a chance or fair shake. I'm still a bit in disbelief he's a steeler. Hopefully his play and character will line up with what us steeler fans want and expect. To me it's all on coaching because we got peices to be formidable....really thought a reload was going to take much longer but then again I can be pretty pessimistic at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Watson was never in play, none of the big name QB’s were.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I am not sold on Watson as a person or a QB. The contract is insanely huge and the draft capital they gave up is just as insane. Other Browns will want to be paid and the Browns will be in cap hell unable to pay their own and no 1st round picks to replace them. I would pay that much for anyone not even a 24 yr old Brady, how do they build a team around a guy eating that much of the cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    For me, I was never about attacking Watson the person. Tons of celebs in general just aren't good people. Hell, I made mistakes during my 20s that I regret to this day. If I was given 25m+ to throw a ball, I'm very sure I'd be leaving the game ala Johny Manzel. My issue lied in the fact that it would've been difficult to retain and replace talent. The further into the deal, the less likely the Browns, Steelers, or any other team could build around him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    i think everyone handing watson the mvp award is just a little to much. i liked watson but he always seems to get the tight butthole when it counts the most. besides its Cleveland and this will without a doubt crash spectacularly... i think they made a giant mistake going with watson and ostracizing Mayfield. this is definitely a case of the media members playing follow the leader.. browns won't be above 500 this yesr.

• Like Like x 1