1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers sign Mitch Trubisky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by YinzerBuckeye, Mar 14, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Friend...You do know odds change....right.???
    Also some odds are specifically placed 2 drum up betting.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    WPS. Razorbacks...:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  3. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    At this point…. upload_2022-3-25_12-46-50.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Great game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you actually understand where vegas odds come from

• Like Like x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    This man comparing college basketball to the nfl

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They were the best team last yr. They lost some pieces that they had.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I guess they don't teach you about analogies in school.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Bengals were the best team in the AFC last year. They gained some pieces, so we shall see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well you took the words right out of my mouth

- Meat Loaf

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    As a teacher, I really want to ask some of his instructors what the hell they have been doing.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    One is amateur sports. Another is professional sports.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not according to the oddsmakers. Not according to many aficionados.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They beat the team you thought was better. Twice. The oddsmakers were wrong. Those aficionados were wrong, too. Nice of you to dig out the thesaurus for that post, though.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) wrote comments about the QB moves around the league, and he has the same opinion that I do about the MT signing.

"This is basically backup/spot starter money for a 27-year-old former No. 2 overall pick with a pair of playoff runs on his resume. In other words, it's just fine for the position in which the Steelers find themselves. There's a good chance he can at least offer what Ben Roethlisberger did in 2021, except with much better legs, which would keep Pittsburgh in the wild-card hunt. There's a chance he can be better. Regardless, the Steelers can still invest in QB through the draft and/or let Mason Rudolph and Dwayne Haskins compete. It's a low-risk, high-reward play for a club rightfully throwing multiple darts at the position."

• Like Like x 3
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The represented the AFC in the Super Bowl, but overall they were hardly the best team in the AFC. Heck if the Steelers could of managed to win one of the games against the Bengals then they would have won the division. The Bengals are a mirage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The Bengals have a young stud QB the Steelers have Mitchell…….. I really don’t get how anyone can argue how far apart we are at the most important position.

The Bengals didn’t just beat us last year they completely embarrassed us twice.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They did beat us badly last season. Point was that for all the hype around the Bengals they were one loss away from losing the division to the Steelers. And we all know the Steelers weren’t all that good last season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm going to have to partially agree with Glenn on this one. The Bengals last year were lucky to be where they were going into the playoffs and then were also given 5 downs early on the playoff matchup against the Chiefs which helped them to beat the Chiefs that game.

That being said they will be much better this coming season with the Oline pieces they've added. If Burrow is given more time he will be a huge problem for defenses for years to come.

Back to the topic at hand. We can only hope Trubisky will be much better than Rudolph cause if he is not it will be a long season for Steelers fans.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The Bengals are legit while Burrows is on His rookie contract, or until We can make Hims see ghost like We did 2 C. Palmer. Now after His rookie contract is up then We shall see. Remember even though they didn't win a playoff game with A. Dalton...while He was on a rookie contract....they were always competitive, and in like 5 straight playoffs appearance. They are not the Browns.
    Again...I believe they will stay competitive until Burrows rookie contract runs out,and then We will see....they seem 2 show in latest History....that's when they disappear.

21. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Consider how many fans say the Steelers are terrible, even though they were competitive and made the playoffs 6 out of the last 8 years.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Obviously Joe Burrow is a fluke to some on here. Hell, even sport books don't have much faith in the Bengals. I see it the other way around but as a Steeler fan I hope like hell the Bengals and their QB are a fluke. Hoping for a Dan Marino repeat. Go to SB early in career never to return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Bengals beat the Steelers soundly the first time and destroyed them in the second one, so that wasn't nearly as close to happening as you want to make it out to be. Also, they didn't just beat the Chiefs once. They did it twice. Burrow is legit. He has a dominant receiver and some very good secondary targets to throw to. They have a stud running back and a solid defense. Their major issue was the offensive line, which they have done a good job addressing this offseason. Some of y'all are really kidding yourselves on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Forget the games against the Steelers. If the Bengals loose just one more game they would’ve been second to the Steelers in the division and probably don’t even make the playoffs. The Bengals are on the rise for sure, but it’s not like they were dominant last season.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

@SteelerGlenn is actually 100% correct to question the Bengals at this point in time. Yes, I would say easily they have made the most of not just their 2020 FAs but also the fact that Joe Burrow + JaMarr Chase truly took the league by storm. That is not what people like me or Glenn are concerned about regarding Cincy.

Cincy's biggest current obstacle, as it currently stands, lies within something that the team has not had since 1989; expectations. Keep in mind that the loser of the Super Bowl would not return to the big dance come the next season; the 2021 Chiefs being the latest example after losing it in 2020. Most people would automatically point out how insane the level of QB Talent is in the AFC; it is and I am not debating that. What is being debated though is how will Cincy measure up when it goes against a 1st place schedule this time around. For that matter, Cincy's schedule is the toughest in the AFC overall and easily the toughest among the AFC North teams. Bear in mind this is also not accounting for the dreaded Super Bowl Hangover; very real as this link here explains. Given that fact alone, adding in the likes of the overall talent boost the AFC has received only compounds this problem. In addition, as others have pointed out, Pittsburgh and Baltimore have made significant strides this offseason and arguably more so than the likes of Cincy in some cases; Ravens with the acquisition of Marcus Williams and the Steelers with fortifying not just the Offensive Line but adding a proven bridge QB in Mitch Trubisky.

Among all the AFC Teams with the most pressure, if it is not Cincy, Los Angeles is the only other one I can think of that would have more pressure than.