1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers sign Mitch Trubisky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by YinzerBuckeye, Mar 14, 2022.

1. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    When playing chess, the move order can often make a big difference.

Giving up draft picks and starters to get a QB makes it very difficult in the years after to strengthen the rest of the team.
    Better to have the team ready to compete (other than QB), before giving up those draft picks to get the final piece of the puzzle.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if they pick willis we can truly call him mitch rudolph. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now You see the Light. What happened. You get hit in the Head??
    LoL.
    Is this the real Blast??

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didnt see the type of contracts and draft capital it would take to land these QB’s. The contract bothers me more than the draft capital but combined forget about it, you can’t sign free agents OR build through the draft.

But as far as our debate goes for building a team, I’m still for grabbing a QB asap.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. OK....just making sure You didn't sleep by an alien body snatcher pod last night...

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Why do you keep saying 5 fumbles as if that's bad. If you fumble and recover it who cares. He's likely to be more prone to a fumble than your average qb because he's one of the best runners in the nfl. And exactly he won one of those games and in that game he won he made the key runs and throws to win the game. And he trailed in the game
    The game before he came back by 10 from Tennessee in the playoffs so yes he was more than capable of making a double digit comeback. He made the throws and runs they needed to win that game. Hollywood got over 100 yards receiving that game. Guess that came from lamar running down the field and handing the ball to him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And in years where that model worked those team either had a transcendent defense which the steelers don't have and I don't think they played in conference where there were so many top level qbs. Derek carr is a very good probably top 10 qb and he's the 4th best qb in his division. Un heard of.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    FootballAnalyst98 as he stretches His neck yet again for Lamar Jackson
    [/QUOTE]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    AFC is so loaded at QB if we don’t land a stud in the draft or sign another proven stud we won’t get out of the AFC for 5-10 years.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You were already gotten. The question is if you will be gotten again. Given how little you seem to actually know about football, it seems very likely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm actually starting to be embarrassed for you. Fumbles are bad. That your own team recovers them is a matter of luck. Putting the ball where the other team can just fall on it is bad. How do you not know that?

He was playing terribly and the Ravens were down by 14, but we are supposed to assume he would have carried them to victory. You have truly abandoned all logic and reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    If your QB throws an interception, as long as the other team doesn't score pfft who cares.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Their D can be pretty special this year with the addition of Myles and Wallace and there is talk they are interested in adding Mathieu. Plus they brought Flores on board.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It can be good. I don't think it's all time top 5 ever good which were the caliber of defenses that carried average qb play to the sb. Plus the rules no longer allow a defense to dominate and impose their will like they used to.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yes. He started out playing TERRIBLE against Tennessee and then brought them back. So yes it wasn't impossible.

And fumbles aren't good but the fumbles they look at as bad are the ones where you don't recover. Fumbles you recover aren't turnovers. That's the mean thing that make fumbles bad. The fact you turn it over. And every one of them wasn't a situation where the other team could just easily jump on it.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Gotten how lmao? He's acting like the steelers performed because they just toroved to be better than the Ravens. No. Lamar jackson got hurt. Bengals are frauds too. They wouldn't have made the playoffs either if lamar jackson stayed healthy. No team without their starting mvp caliber qb is the same team.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Nahh. Trubisky and this defense can get the steelers to the promise land.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    LMAO. The team that made the Super Bowl is a fraud? Seriously, are you trying to make yourself look clueless?

And you were gotten in that your prediction for last season turned out to be way off. Try to keep up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yes and I'll explain why. They didn't dominate. Everything had to go wrong for them to make it. First off lamar gets hurt. Ravens were leading them by multiple games until that happened. Raiders got robbed against them. Tannehill literally gave them the game with 4 picks. Tennessee outplayed them. Chiefs just completely self destructed. I still don't know what happen and it's why in the sb they really got exposed. Game was only close because obj got hurt and the rams momentum was gone.

Unlike the rams who dominated everyone rhet played with no luck. No one outplayed them or just completely self detracted.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Are you telling Me as a player, and fan of football that a fumble isn't bad ....as long as You get it back???
    So loss of yards, and downs mean nothing.
    Also it's when it happens. What if it takes you out of 1st down range, happens on 3rd down, takes You out of field goal range, or just simply wreaks the whole vibe of the drive????
    If You have been taught fumbles are OK....as long as your team gets it back. Someone should talk 2 Your coach.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So then every run thats for a loss, sack, play that results in lost yards, etc... are all as bad as a turnover?

And no a fumble you get back isn't as bad. Most fumbles teams recover usually don't result in loss yards. They normally travel forward. They are no different then a bad play.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't say they are as bad as a turnover. I said what I said. So bad plays are ok??? We must of played for totally different coaches. Fumbles would see You watch others play from the bench. Whether You got them back , or not. Go read what I said, and yes a sack is bad. Why the hell do you think people want sack masters so dang much. :shrug:

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    A sack is bad but it's not the end of the world. A turnover is 1000x worse than a sack. People want sack masters so bad because they are the only people able to stop a qb essentially and are the closest to the qb being able to effect his game. Bad plays are not ok but their part of the game. No players are perfect. Even Tom Brady of all people throw head scratches sometimes that make you say what the hell did he see there. It happens. Part of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Let’s hope so because last year there were times when it wasn’t Ben it was terrible play calling. I would of let Canada walk because last year it seemed like when we played well was when Ben said the heck with the play calling. The Ben said I’m going to make the call at the line according to the defense. I guess we’ll see this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is so much wrong with your excuse-making logic here. Injuries count. That is part of football. The Ravens were holding it together with smoke, mirrors, possibly the best kicker ever, and a great coach. You want to talk about not dominating? Look at Baltimore's streak of six wins in seven games early in the season. They needed a miracle to beat the Lions. They snuck through in overtime twice. They needed the Chiefs to fumble away at least a go-ahead field goal in the final moments. They had two games they won by comfortable margins, both against teams that missed the playoffs. Oh, and in their one loss the Bengals beat them by 24 points

The Bengals made plays in the secondary all year. That wasn't just one game. Also, the victory over the Chiefs went almost exactly the same way as the regular-season meeting. It is hard to write it off as a fluke when it happens twice.

By your logic, when the Ravens need a miracle to sneak one out, it is on merit, but when the Bengals win a tight game, they were lucky. Seriously, you're funny.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the Bengals have done a great job of fixing the major problem with their team, the offensive line that nearly got Burrow killed against the Titans in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2