1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could we now trade for a QB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Mar 17, 2022.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Faker Mayfield :lolol: He will go elsewhere next season the clowns will keep him to do more commercials of how he is packing and leaving his stadium home :roflmao:Plus the wonder boy Watson will be suspended for a bit.

To give up three 1st round picks for any player is just idiocy. I don't care who it is.

We have our QB for this season like him or not. I like. Don't draft any QB in the 1st or at all this year. Hopefully Jorden Davis is there at 20! Boom!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I always had higher expectations for Baker, even though he went to the Browns.
    I figured maybe he would get better each year.
    It just never materialized.
    To underscore what you said, he also had Chubb who is more than capable of toting the rock and a pretty good defense.
    You're right, should he wind up in Seattle, he will fail.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

The Browns actually gave up six total picks. I suppose no price is too high and smart move by Andrew Berry on not giving up any players. That said, 2022 might as well be the "go big or go home" season for Cleveland.

• Like Like x 2
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If your a Texans fan you may root against Cleveland harder than anybody.

Its a great chance for them to rebuild their roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Really hope they don’t pull a Rams.

When do contracts start coming up on them, will all fall apart quickly when that starts happening.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dig that avatar picture.

7. steelcityfanatic

steelcityfanatic Active Member

Mar 17, 2022
    I would trade a mid round pick for Baker. He is a lot better than people give him credit for (go look at the film from his rookie year) and I think Pittsburgh would embrace him. Low risk high reward and I think he would love to beat Cleveland twice a year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Do not pull a Rams?! You mean hemorrhage picks?! Doubt it unless Jimmy Haslam sees that as the final option... in which case he will have lost his marbles. :lolol:

Major aspect why Les Snead has to do it is because of one major economic aspect; the markets. Los Angeles craves winners and nothing else. You are not worthy of their time if you do not win; a good reason why there is a good contingent of Steelers Fans in the Pacific West... among other aspects. Cleveland... is not like that at all.

For that matter, Cleveland is a small market Sports City by and large. Realistically.... even including LeBron James, all Cleveland is really known for is Jim Brown in the sense of winning; LeBron himself included of course. Take those two away and there really is not much Cleveland as a City can offer that the likes of Los Angeles cannot.

In short?! Unless Jimmy H has a financial death wish for his team... I would not entertain such an idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Same here

10. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Steelers and Browns would never agree to a trade for him. If he's cut though, who knows?