1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So long JUJU!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Mar 18, 2022.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Dejan Kovacevic was saying on his podcast this AM that Juju has an ongoing knee issue for some time where he was getting one of his knees drained of fluid on game weeks. He has also missed a lot of time with other stuff as we all know. Maybe the team didn’t trust him to be available?

Other teams will be aware of this stuff too and it would explain why he had little interest in free agency and why an incentive based deal was the best he could do.

Also if they plan to pay Diontae it probably makes sense just to move on and backfill the depth chart with cheaper guys in the draft this year and next. I hate seeing juju gone but there are a lot of things about it that make sense from the teams POV, including what you’ve highlighted above. It’s a cruel business

• Like Like x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Listening 2 that now

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm certainly concerned, though Olszewski is at least a McCloud replacement. I would like to see them sign another veteran and draft at least one more receiver.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

:puking2::puking 5:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Fare thee well for now Ju Ju. I hope you'll be back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Best of luck, JuJu! Wishing you nothing but health, happiness, and success! It was thrilling to have you back for the playoffs. Keep working!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, same here. In addition to being a good receiver, he could provide key leadership for the young guys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    JuJu is highly overrated but that doesn’t mean our WR corps is pitiful as of now. Dionte and Bust Claypool are literally the only two NFL WRs on the roster. We have to draft one early there is no option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Is it possible Juju doesn't even make their roster?

I'm guessing he is a lock... but it's not out of the question he gets cut

Hill Hardman,Gordon Fountain, they just gave Coleman a chance

I guessing JUJU is 3rd and the #1 slot and cooks in the middle with Kelce

But it would not be hard to imagine him being 5th of 6th and grasping the bottom of the roster

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I wonder how many Free Agent WRs out there right now are mad as hell at JuJu.

First for the fake news reporting of 10 million that is actually 3.25. And now for all the incentives that are in his contract for games played? JuJu gets a bonus for every game he plays, and misses bonuses for every game he sits. To hit all his bonuses he has to play in every game this year. I have never seen these types of Bonus that are based on games played and not stats.

How many other teams are going to try and stick players with a history of Injuries with these JuJu type contracts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I can't see that happening unless he gets hurt again.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why would they be mad at JuJu, it’s the Chiefs they’d be mad at, they gave him that contract.

And if all those bonuses are related to games played, it’s very likely he will make 10 million. Lot harder to reach performance based bonuses.

13. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't say he was highly overrated. He was a very dependable WR and very well could have been a #1. Yes, he hasn't played as well as his 2018 season, but in his defense he has not played with a Top 10 QB since 2018 which was the year before Roethlisberger's elbow injury.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They would be mad at him for accepting a deal that protects the team from the player suffering an injury. The team is supposed to get the best deal it can, but accepting conditions like that can set a precedent that teams might try to impose on other players in future contracts. It doesn't matter what a team tries until a player actually signs off on it as Smith-Schuster did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Eh, don’t know about that. JuJu has had injury issues and a report just out says he has had an ongoing knee issue.

It’s not like that contract was given out to a perfectly healthy player.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Juju will get a lot more targets now that the Chiefs announced that they are trading Tyreek Hill. They are asking for a first round pick +.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really don't think there is a such thing as a player that actually played 4 , or more years....as a perfectly healthy player..:shrug:

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I absolutely understand why the Chiefs would want to sign him to that deal, but it's not a great precedent for players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The deal is done. He is going to the Dolphins for a package of five draft picks, including the first, second, and fourth-round picks this season. So much for the idea that Smith-Schuster might not make the Chiefs, as someone else suggested. Clearly, he is going to get a shot at a very big role in that offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    With Hill gone....JuJu and Kelce going to eat in the ball control offense

It's going to cost them a little in the CHUNK plays... but it might help Mehomes stop forcing the long ball

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Mahomes already cut back on forcing deep balls this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Chiefs have a lot of faith in JuJu as they trade Tyreek Hill. Wow, I didn't see that one coming.

23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Teams will play them a lot differently now. This is a big loss.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I would’ve kept him but I don’t wish him well in Red.