1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So long JUJU!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Mar 18, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And they still blew a 21-3 lead at home in the AFCCG :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    The deal is for $3M with incentives to $10.75M. It will be interesting to see what he needs to do to achieve the incentives. I wonder if Ray-Ray will earn more with his 2/$10.4M contract from the 9ers.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Not a shoe in. Afc is a blood bath

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah their defense is suspect. Not sold on them for the sb. But mahomes always gives you a chance

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    What position do you play on the team?

6. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Freakin laughable.
    Heath is in the next room and needs a word.

• Like Like x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe he never saw Heath play.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I personally will miss him and wish him nothing but the best! One of the most light hearted players the team has had in a long... long time. He will prove his worth to Kansas City soon yet.

Once again, thank you for everything JuJu!! May you find happiness and best wishes!!! :steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I always kind of knew but kept out hope that he would stay, but now that it's done: I now think drafting a WR is in the cards

• Like Like x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If there is one team that deserves a little of a leash, it's the Steelers because they always find good receivers. But, juju was one of maybe 2 people who I considered a leader on the Steelers in the last 4 years. He could have been a Hines Ward type if he could have had a little more help at qb. Unfortunately we will never know now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't know if he officially signed yet but still leaving a candle in the window that Cam or TJ call him and say listen kid we need you, give it one more go.

12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Would have been nice to keep him. Oh well. Supposed to be a good year for WR'ers. Claypool really needs to get his sh!t together, if that is even possible.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    ****e load of them in the draft.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was going to say something but nope, just nope. Enjoy fantasy land.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I still hope out little hope that Bush and Claypool can get their sh*t together. This whole season could really depend upon those two things solidifying for us. If they can and Trubisky can put together a decent season then we can make some noise. Otherwise, 8-9 or worse.

16. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Someone get on the phone to Ryan Switzer.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Was my kids favorite player. Say what you will about those who dislike social media, but as a 6 yr old kid hes easy to like and hes done a lot of great things off the field. I do hope one day he gets a multi year deal, but for now hes a less paid kirk cousins of wrs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Reunion in a year! Probably not.

Now they have to replace him, Drake London anyone? :th jawdrop2:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah, you have to figure a way to score more in the second half. Key interceptions etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, we have a way of finding WR`s in the draft. Might pick one by end of round 3 now.

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Really thought he was looking for a multi year deal. Can't believe he took an incentive laden contract with them. One injury that takes him out of a few games and he's not making it with those weapons.

Surprising that the Steelers didn't offer a multi year deal to a guy so young and a veteran in that room! For what he's got minus the incentives, you'd think 8 per year over 3-4 would have done it!

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would love to entertain the idea personally. That said, for that to happen, Pittsburgh better bring the House to USC's Pro Day. In addition, should the team move Chase Claypool to the slot (a likely outcome at this point), the team would then have to turn its attention to a Receiver with "DEFCON 1" ability; Jameson Williams the best in the class at that. Drake London theoretically can perform this role but not for Matt Canada's high motion, RPO/Spread Offense. If anything, a Vertical Passing Offe se is what is best for London as having him attack the perimeter periodically is what is going to maximize his skillset early on. Having London consistently guess on finite concepts like timing and rhythm would stymie his development.

Now, I doubt that, even if the team brings the house to Alabama's Pro Day (they likely will as they usually do), Jameson Williams will not be in the teams plans barring a trade up; a preposition I doubt the team intends to follow through with. Now, if not him, Chris Olave is definitley someone I would not mind personally. How come?!

Take everything you like about Diontae Johnson and crank it up to 11. That is essentially, more or less, what Olave is. Not only can he perform in any Offense... he can perform in any role; Deep Threat included. Him and Diontae would be one HELL of a duo for Olave is the best Route Runner in the class.... and it is not even close. Whoever is a close second.... is not a close second.

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They did have a way and a way of developing them. Losing Drake and going though the last 2 guys seemed to be setbacks with them all this past year.

My guess is that Drake may have had a hand in the draft decisions that turned into gold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would keep Chase on the outside and London in the slot where he is at his best. He’ll go before our second rd pick though. I’m not familiar with Olave, I’ll look into him.

25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    An interesting side note

This is not confirmed, but likely

JUJU is only getting 3 mill this year

There are 2 types of incentives

LIKELY TO BE EARNED
    and
    NOT LIKELY TO BE EARNED

both are based on last year, but LTB has to he figured into the current cap but NLTB goes on next season

So if you scored 5 TD they look at it that you are LIKELY to s]core 5 this year so that incentive money has to be available at all times this season

However if you scored 5 last year and your incentive is 8.... that money is not count until next year.

So the fact that Juju was out with an injury last season....all his numbers will be low.... so the Chiefs could have listed that 7 mill in incentives as NLTB.... so Juju is virtually guaranteed his 10 as long as he stays healthy but the Chiefs can pay him over 2 years with only a 3 mill hit this year

At that low of a number,c really feels like either he didn't want to come back or the Steelers did not want him back

HACK

• Like Like x 1