1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ben is probably pissed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 17, 2022.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he is looking at what the steelers are doing and going what da fug. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, well, it's his money they're spending.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. James Orie

James Orie Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Exactly this is money that was freed up when fat ass Ben retired. He was done as a QB for 3-4 years. Unfortunately we had to wait until he contract played out ( Ben wanted every penny despite the fact he knew he no longer had “IT”!!).

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Cap space is the cap space is the cap space. Why would he be mad? How many millions does he have?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    He remarked last year he took less money so they could sign guys. No Ben you took less money because we were so far over the CAP the only way for you to come back was to take less.

GB is doing the same thing with Rodgers, he may provide more production than Ben did, but that monster you push out in the future will eventually hit you hard.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Big Ben is mad? How so?

With hundreds of millions of dollars, a pair of Super Bowl Rings and a HOF Jacket and Bust awaiting him, I would say he is likely doing quite well. Truth be told, I doubt he has much to worry about at this point in his life.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No, he didn't want every penny. See below

The truth. But the Steelers took him back not because he wanted to come back, but rather they were stuck with him. Had he retired or the released him w/o restructuring and playing that final year it would've decimated the cap. They did each other a favor. Ben got some more bucks and the Steelers saved from dead cap hell.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Isn't this what your boss said about you? ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Oooooooooooooooo!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Seems like a good thread for this response especially considering that Devonte Adams just got traded. I really hope that the salary of QBs has a correction these next couple of years. Hopefully Mahomes, Allen and Burrows has learned from their predecessors, and take team friendly deals that allows them to have well rounded teams. I say this because sooner or later, our Steelers will have a franchise QB again. What good is a franchise QB when he's eating 1/5th of the team salary and you habitually have to restructure deals to keep some players here, whilst losing others. I think this is why a team like Seattle won the SB on Wilson's rookie deal and struggled to get back. A franchise QB wins you a lot of games, but defense still wins it all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I'm glad Ben is gone. I haven't been happier about a season since 2009. Our last Superbowl. Look at all we can do with all the extra cap space not lining Ben's fat wallet. Good riddance to him.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    been thinking it over what has transpired and we're looking good in the neighborhood... I like all these new guys, they are taking a lot of pressure off the draft (BPA all day and if it works it works if not ... oh well)

Mason Cole (OL)
    Myles Jack (ILB)
    Levi Wallace (CB)
    James Daniels (OL)
    Mitch Trubisky (QB)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben with a cap hit of 30-40 million every year, it was impossible for them to make these type of moves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Learn from their mistakes?

I am pretty sure Rodgers just signed a 4 year 200 million contract.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

Seeing what we're seeing now is kinda frustrating In a way. Just imagine how quickly we could've retooled our defense around 2013-15. It wasn't really until 2019 we saw a top notch defense again and by then Ben lost his elbow. I don't blame Ben for taking 30m a year. But it would've been beneficial if he took 15m to 20m.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not every QB will do what Brady did in New England, Rodgers getting almost 50 million a year, then he complains about not having enough help.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I'm going 2 say is ....some people wanted 2 trade picks,....and..... Take on an even higher Cap hit for a couple of Qbs out there. LoL :shrug:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Good riddance to him?

Our 2nd best QB ever yet you want to knock the guy.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crazy enough, it appears your best route to winning a SB is with a well rounded team with a QB on a rookie contract or a guy looking for a second chance on the cheap like a Stafford. Brady is the enigma when he should've been the standard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Is that you, Cleveland?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Another consideration is the union.
    Guys are under pressure to get as close to market value as possible.
    If the GOAT takes $25M/year, when the next young guy comes up for a contract, mgmt can simply point to Brady.
    Im sure hometowns discounts are okay, but sign a contract too far under market value and I guarantee you their agents cell phone is ringing from the union office.

• Like Like x 2
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Probably a bit of truth ,and reality in this. I'm sure this is some of it.:thumbs_up:

23. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

100% beat that drum!
    It can look great but at the end of the day can you beat the man in front of you.

I don't mean to invoke a tomlinism but A QB is trying to beat 12 including the DC, it's just not good odds.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    wow i guess i should have used the green font. ben probably seeing all these guys coming in and saying how come i didn't get these guys? i still love what ya did for us ben. 2 firsts and a second for bush still burns my azz. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Hard to say that Ben only played his last few years out due to personal greed. He obviously still loved the game and wanted to compete. Sure, he was a shell of himself the last season and a half... but the "want to" wasn't money related. Dude managed to lead a team that had SERIOUS flaws to a winning record and playoff berth while he was at it too.

• Winner Winner x 1