1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson traded to the Browns

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 17, 2022.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA awesome. Love it. Every bit of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    What a mess. Classic Browns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Very optimistic

4. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    One of most epic Browns **** storms to date. They knew what they were getting when they drafted him. Anyone that watches CFB knew bout his antics. They went from Manziel to this. Baker would fit in perfectly in Seattle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    What a moron. What a moron org. :roflmao:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s such an infant :lolol:

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    At least it's a hell of a lot newer though.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Oh my.... Twitter is going INSANE about this..!!!

WARNING:

NSFW!! VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!!

:lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao::lollmao:

• Like Like x 3
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

It is also worth noting that, concluding a regular season game against the Eagles, the railings within the stadium broke and almost injured not just Commanders fans but also Philly players. More info per this link.

It is newer for certain but newer does not always equate to better.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, to use an analogy to draw a comparison: Jimmy G. touches a stove burner to see if it’s hot, and may burn his finger. Baker uses his tongue.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I thought Browns upper management had changed and got smarter and their primary failing despite talent was on the head coach and his staff.

Well, we got two other teams to worry about being perennial contenders. Would be nice if Browns completely imploded.

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Who would want him? You know what would really be funny if the.................;)

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Why

14. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Systems make some QBs. Yes Kap has to be in the right system, but hes proven he can be very successful in a system that's designed to take advantage of his skillset. None of the current QBs on either the Steelers or Browns staff can say that. Why you felt the need to bring up Dan Marino is beyond me. I said specifically who I was comparing him too. If you're going to downplay his stats the last three seasons of his career it might do well to point out the fact the system had drastically changed he was in and he had no help around him...if you believe he had sufficient help name one other star player that was on the team without thinking about it. You cant. Another fact is he was still better than 15 starting QBs in his last season.

True enough, with six years gone after being blackballed, he may have lost a lot and he may have "timed out" , but you and I both know there arent 64 QBs better than Colin, even now at 34 and even after not being out in the league for more than 5 years. He deserved a chance to play 5 years ago and he deserves a chance now. When I say deserve...I mean based upon his skillset, not the stance he took.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If they part ways, Baker Mayfield will be the winner in this situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Just Baker's tongue? Not his entire face? Seems like it every time he plays; 2020 or otherwise.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Andrew Berry nor Kevin Stefanski are not the issue here. For that matter, the issue goes much higher up. Until Jimmy Haslam leaves... expect more of the same.

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Blackballed....... That's rich! The guy sucked and got benched because he sucked then went on a racist tear while hijacking the league.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    When some fans were claiming that the Browns would stay ahead of the Steelers for the foreseeable future (despite never finishing ahead of the Steelers in the AFC North during the regular season), I pointed out that the last time the Browns had consecutive winning seasons was 1989. Whenever they have their ship pointed in the right direction (1994, 2002, 2007, 2020), they somehow manage to burn down their team, drive away their talent, and crawl back to the basement.

I thought this time would be different, but apparently not. Replacing Mayfield is probably the right answer, but not they way they did it.
    They already used up the excess cap money that rolled over from their cheap years.
    I'm curious if they will go cheap again to try to build up another war chest, or if they will try to win games like a normal team.

20. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Apparently you need to look up the definition of blackballed and take a primer on being racist neither of which clearly you know nothing about... and he finished out his last season as a starter last I checked. If you're going to make statements based upon emotion and not fact it would do you well to just kindly stfu before you continue to make a fool out of yourself.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But the guy did take his team to a Super Bowl a couple years prior so I wouldn't say the guy completely sucked. It's obvious though that he has no interest in football anymore. He's more interested in being a pariah and has sabotaged every chance he's had to come back in the league. I'm sure there's a psychological term for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    And both are too stupid to know that if it’s glowing red it’s hot

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Blackballed means he was rejected. He was not rejected! He was benched. He then threw out the ever present race card which may or may not have helped him finish the season as a starter. The only one making a fool out of himself is you, which seems to be typical.

Answer this question. Did CK lose his starting job due to being a bad QB or was he discriminated against because of his race? Jusse Smollett and Bubba Wallace may be able to help solve that riddle.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok… so in this thread about the Browns maybe we should stop arguing over Colin fricking Kaepernick. Really. Stop with the race debate.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Are you saying Smollett and Wallace was discriminated against?????