1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL free agency thread 2022 rumors and signings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is a very poor guess. Green was absolutely horrible at center last season. Cole was actually competent when he played there for the Vikings.

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    From what Moats was saying a few weeks back it sounds as if Finney is done. Apparently he’s having back issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    it’s entirely possible Green improves

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Caveat emptor

5. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

That's ridiculous $$ for a lukewarm OL

crazy IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Donald Valentine

Donald Valentine Member

Mar 14, 2022
    I am so disappointed, for the first time we have aittle money to spend and we spend it on this crap. Mitch will give a chance, but Okafor wish I could block.....ugh...why?

7. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Don't think they're paying him 10 mil per to well I'd say stand around but technically he stands around on the field too

Waste

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I think this rules out the FO taking an OT high in this draft unless they think they can do better than Dan Moore at LT.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If a good one falls to #20 I don't think they should pass on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Cole could be a sneaky good pickup, esp because I imagine the $ is reasonable. He looked good against Wormley, Adams and Co. Good size, 26, former 3rd out of Michigan. I don't give him credit on the plays he cleaned up Bush though. ;)

Oko grew on me a bit as the season went on. The 6 false starts were aggravating, but he had two penalties and one sack otherwise. His run game was not good and the real concern. The entire OL is young, and we've changed coaches, so I'll just hope they improve. They have to be drafting OL at some point, too.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    I like Dan Moore, but I think we need better on both sides at tackle.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Can't say I'm ecstatic about anything so far. Not Mr. Doom,and Gloom, but Hmmm:hmm:

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :facepalm:

Soo... I misread the Mason Cole situation far worse than when Mike Vanderjagt missed that FG in the 2005 AFC Divisional Round!!! :lolol:

How bad some say. Silly me in thinking Trai Turner was still on the team. How I botched that up.. I do not know. Either way though, what is relevant is that this likely means the Steelers will be looking for an IOL in either the early rounds of the Draft to likely Round 1.

Zion Johnson anyone??

I am personally game for him as the First Pick for the team. Mason Cole is a quality depth player and serviceable starter but he is not the caliber of athlete nor aggression than Johnson is. For that matter, even including Kenyon Green, Zion is the new number one Offensive Guard heading into the draft. While the drop off between him and Kenyon Green is not immense... it likely could be as both Johnson and Green are expected to go in Round One; Green late Round One at that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    Zion, Dotson, Green, and Cole in the interior would be good with me. You good with Oko and Dan? I want to be but not sure...

15. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Of course they can do better.

16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Chargers have now signed JC Jackson and Khalil Mack. If this team gets a good defense to go with a Justin Herbert offense then they become a strong Super Bowl contender.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Saw a article where DW rejected a trade to the Seahawks..... lol JS

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Now, regarding Chuks, again everyone, this does not likely rule out the possibility of acquiring an OT; just delays the Round in which the team would select. Again, this Offensive Tackle Class is very deep and talented which means plenty of options available. Among them, look for someone like Max Mitchell; teammate of Kevin Dotson. Another is Dare Rosenthal from Kentucky; a College program the Steelers have historically frequently visited over the years. Why am I still stating Offensive Tackles??

Never mind any of this mind you. Is Zach Banner coming back?? Cannot say for certain but, should he not, I would imagine that OT gets pushed up the draft board for the team a bit.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Also bear in mind that, barring the possibility of Terrell Edmunds being resigned, look for the team to likely place that Safety spot higher on the Draft Board as well.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Isnt Trubisky a left hander ? That means Okorafor would be protecting his blind side?

21. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    No.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    30 mill for Chucks. Geeze

23. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    Very flexible structure. Easy to get rid of him if it doesn't work out.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

People are misreading the Chuks situation a bit there. Chuks is signed for certain but not to a ridiculous degree. Despite being signed for 3 years, there is still good leeway for the team. More can be found for per this tweet by SteelersDepot;

More info below;

As I stated before, signing Chuks does not void the team of drafting an OT in training. Should Chuks not work out??... That OT in waiting would then become the backup plan for certain.

Now, as per your question about Moore Jr and Chuks being the tackle tandem?! Moore's development is something to monitor for me more so than Chuks. After being in the league for four seasons, what else is there for him to grow upon?! For some reason, inside counters and stunts are still his greatest enemy. Now, Pat Meyer can possibly assist him with this article that I read a while back but it is fair to say how the right side is going to be in the upcoming season. Hopefully that "OT in Training" does not have to see action on the field come game day at any point in 2022.

25. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I think Sheldon Richardson would be a decent pickup if he's not already signed