1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

what are our needs?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 5, 2022.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    corner. we have layne, sutton, pierre, a few futures guys. need witherspoon and another starter i'd say.
    qb. rudolph. we need 2. haskins most likely signed, need 1.
    OT? we have banner and haeg and chaz green, leglue, moore.
    OG? dotson, green, pridgeon, leglue, gilliam.
    C. green, leglue. we need 1 at least.
    S. minkah, norwood, stiner. probably need a SS. i wouldn't mind killebrew brought back. see what stiner can do. ??
    RB. najee, edmunds, mc farland, snell?
    WR. DJ, claypool, sims, miller, white, bussey. actually might be alright here.
    TE. muth, gentry, rader, sternberger. should be good here.
    OLB. TJ, highsmith, tuszka, simon, scott.
    ILB. bush, schobert, scales, UG3, johnson, allen.
    DL. alualu, cam, loudermilk, wormley, davis, tuitt?, would like to see adams signed.

QB, center, corner, ILB depending on if they keep schobert. safety. ?????:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    IMO. CB, Safety, ILB, and OL all of those 1st,and foremost.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What are the needs?

Whatever needs will depend on whatever happens come Free Agency. Always has been and always will be. I will say this for one though; do not be surprised if a CB or IOL is taken in Round One as opposed to a QB. Pittsburgh has been chatting with quite a bit of both groups and both have more formal meetings combined than any other set of positional groups.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  5. NCSteelerFan75

NCSteelerFan75 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    OL
    QB
    ILB
    NT
    CB

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Absolutely correct. I would be shocked if we went qb in the first round.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Outside CB needs to be near the top. We’ve got Sutton, Layne and Pierre as outside guys who’ve seen at least some meaningful NFL action. Are any of those guys going to match up even a little bit with Chase, Higgins, Hill, Diggs, etc.?

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    witherspoon i think is a must. what about bringing back nelson?

sutton played well from the slot, i'd leave him there. if we could add witherspoon and nelson we could have a decent starting group. :cool:

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Our needs rg, rt, ilb, cb at a minimum. Depending on what happens with our free agents we could need wr and s as well.

10. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    This is what the Steelers need, just about everything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i guess RG could be taken care of in house. i don't think it's as big of a need as center really. green could move to LG and dotson to RG. leaving a big hole at center. both leglue and pridgeon. as i've stated before leglue is pretty valuable since he can play anywhere on the line. he actually had more game starts at center in college then green did. (9). that's a nice player to have available on game day for injuries.

haeg is valuable as well as a backup. he can play either side. he didn't do to bad at RT either this year. he's got value as well.

chaz green has nfl experience too. another guy that can play either side.

banner. we actually know very little about him. will they give him a shot at RT?

i'd like to see a vet brought in.

the steelers have been trying to use lower level UDFA's for years on the O-Line to use the money for other skill positions. we shall see if this continues. :cool:

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You forgot CB, WR

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Nelson would come back to the Steelers, he wasn't happy with the way he was released.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    true but business is business. i'd prefer a top draft pick within the first 3 rounds. :cool:

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If he’s not happy, then he’s irrational. He wanted more money than the Steelers offered, and instead of forcing him to play out his contract the Steelers gave him the opportunity to cash in for whatever his market value was. They let him go free. It’s not the Steelers’ fault that he drastically overestimated his market value.

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    i don’t think they’ll be giving up on Green at center. We certainly don’t need to be trotting out haeg or leglue again. We have money to spend on free agents that aren’t bottom of the barrel for a change. I would be shocked if the front office doesn’t make a splash signing or two.

17. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Didn't forget them..... Just didn't include them due to our limited draft capital this yr... Gotta prioritize this yr

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As much as I don't care for Edmunds, we have bigger needs at this point. Your right on the money with other positions except you forgot the biggest need.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    not what i said. they have value as depth in case of injury. good guys to have on game day. the more we sign the more money is used up. we need corners. we need ilb'ers. we will need a center in some fashion. all these will cost money so it won't take too long to go through that money. i'd hope we get a RT vet. witherspoon. adams on the d-line. we still need a safety. we probably need some RB depth. some can be done through the draft and some can be done through free agency. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And that is???
    If You say Qb....it won't matter who they are if We don't get the rest fixed, but go ahead.....tell Me who???

21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    As I stated in previous posts,Steelers need to spend their fa money wisely and need to have these players make an impact.

22. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes they will need a competent QB

• Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They aren't going to fill every need in the draft, they will have to do some in free agency too.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    FA will obviously change this, but as I see it...

1. OL
    2. ILB
    3. CB
    4. WR
    5. S