1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brian Flores

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Feb 19, 2022.

1. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Rooney at it again. Don't want the whiney ass narc.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Hope you're wrong because we'd get a couple 3rd round picks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Good point, even if he get a DC position elsewhere the Steelers will get two valuable compensatory picks.

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It would be a good hire, but...
    Do the Steelers really need to have an employee that is suing the NFL teams?

Kind of wanted the team focused on football next season, not involved with unwanted Media attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A classic example of damned if you do damned if you don’t. A great move by the Steelers and some find it yet another reason to complain.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    God forbid someone is concerned with the baggage he brings,, ......

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelersFanCanada

Nov 14, 2019
    Exactly.

Everyone in the league knows he's qualified and it's only a matter of time before he gets another opportunity. Or, he stays with the Steelers and we just got ourselves an excellent coach for the future.

8. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Just remove the “He better light a” part.

9. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    He’s a great coach. I don’t think the league will care about the politics of it. If anything the Steelers are doing the league a favor by giving the perception the league isn’t completely an old-boys club where the owners have each others’ backs (even if it really is…).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelersFanCanada

Nov 14, 2019
    There is literally no other way the Steelers would be able to get a coach with his proven track record.

I understand the concern but compared to the recent hires, this is a slam dunk lol.

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Was it Mel Blount that sued his own coach, Chuck Noll? There is a precedent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersFan1234

SteelersFan1234 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    No they would not, the NFL would give the Steelers compensatory picks if Flores becomes head coach or general manager

In November, after tabling and reworking a proposal from the spring, team owners approved a proposal that would reward teams who developed minority talent who went on to be GMs or head coaches elsewhere. If a team lost a minority executive or coach to another team to be a GM or head coach, that team would receive a third-round compensatory pick for two years. If a team lost both a coach and personnel member, they'd receive a third-round compensatory pick for three years.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelersFan1234

SteelersFan1234 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    I do not think so because I do not think the NFL will give compensatory picks if Flores is hired again as head coach but I tried to look it up information on that but could not find anything on it but we will find out if I am wrong but I wish Texans would have hired Flores as head coach so we would find out if the NFL would give compensatory picks again

14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Love the signing.

No idea how the pecking order is going to work on Defense as to who is in charge and calling the plays now. Not even sure what the title means "Senior defensive assistant"

This should help in the draft and may even help getting Bush back on track in 2022.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Had a lawsuit not been filed, I would have been okay with this hire. Is this Rooney just trying to continue to prove that he and the Steelers organization are the most progressive in the NFL? Is he trying to salvage the legacy of the Rooney rule? Is he doing this at the expense of the team’s dynamic? Word is that Fitzpatrick has major issues with Flores. Is Flores going to meet with LBs in the morning and lawyers in the afternoon? Will reporters focus on the lawsuit week after week creating a major distraction for the team? Maybe his suit has some validity and maybe it doesn’t, but he’s made some serious and sensationalistic accusations saying the Dolphins owner told him to tank and paid him to do so and that Elway and the boys showed up drunk and disheveled at their interview and that’s left a really bad taste in my mouth. Sometimes you’re not hired because you’re not likable and you come across as a bit of a douchebag, not because you’re black. He’s filed a lawsuit against an employer that’s created multi-generational wealth for him and his family and he’s playing the excessively overplayed card of racial discrimination with everything being viewed through the prism of color. I have issues with anyone who blames others for their own shortcomings and always makes themselves out to be a victim rather than accepting responsibility for their own plight. I’ll let the lawsuits, the incessant investigations and reports about how brave and courageous Flores is for bringing this suit against the league play out and make a final judgment then, but for now I wish the team had taken a pass on this hire.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Something I'm worried about is he'll push us to go after Desaun Watson. And while I know he's great. The Texans still want way to much for him.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't see this being anything but a 1 year stop for Flores.

Watson will not see the playing field in 2022, so why would a coach who will be gone after 2022 want to bring in a guy that he can't take with him?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Live look in on Minkah Fitzpatrick:
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  19. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Why do you think he won't play?

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Flores didn't have a winning record overall, but he led Miami to consecutive winning seasons for the first time in over twenty years.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Flores has to be with the Steelers for two years, for the Steelers to get the 3rd round picks.

• Like Like x 3
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Watson will sit out two years in his prime, his cases should be settled before next season.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    To stay relevant if he wants to keep coaching

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No
    No

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm shocked, I thought Flores would sit out this season, good hire IMO. I loved the Dolphins defensive gameplan when they beat Baltimore last season, they had Lamar flustered.

• Agree Agree x 3