1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Meyer is the new OL coach

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by YinzerBuckeye, Feb 15, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For example who? I’m not sure there are any on this board. I see people who recognize all aspects of the team both good and bad. There are certainly some who see nothing good.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Was it the owner, or the GM and the HC who got rid of them?

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Steelers fans will whine and complain even if the team wins, during that 11-0 winning streak in 2020 fans were complaining because the Steelers didn't blow some of the teams out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We were the worst 11-0 team ever

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    c'mon the owner has the final say in everything. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I remember saying this at the time.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s literally ever fan base.

8. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    My unofficial thought: the Rooney are one of the “poorest” owners in the NFL—definitely not a family with Bezos-level wealth, nor one that came into family money. I think they like underdogs and giving the little guys a chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Basically you're just talking out your azz again so you want me to research something that I already know doesnt exist?? I mean you just used the word "slew". Either you dont know the definition of the word "slew" or you just proved my point, because you should have had no problem coming up with at least one person. Perhaps you could have enlisted the help of the board lurker?? Where's BigJD (otherwise known as Maddog) when you need him?? Oh yeah he just sits back and disagrees with everything positive said about the team so I guess he's useless.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea there are people on this board who are satisfied with mediocrity and non losing seasons. I don’t have time to look it up but I remember reading several posts during the season and in the playoffs where they were satisfied with what is going on now. The bottom line is Tomlin does not wanna change anything and thinks he can fix everything himself and he can’t. And as long as the clueless owner continues to go along with this nothing will change it’s gonna be rinse and repeat every single year. We will see how good Tomlin is this year and the next few years especially if they don’t draft or acquire a good QB. There is gonna be no Ben Roethlisberger around anymore to clean up his **** like he has done for 14 years when Ben won a lot of games for Tomlin on his own covering up a lot of Tomlin’s warts as a head coach.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If there were any truth to your claim you would find the time.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Lions fans say “hi.”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kozora with a good breakdown of Myer.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    He's lying and making it up just like the other guy. I would go as far to say neither could find a post where it's even implied.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t think anybody is satisfied. I think some folks think that the most likely path to the promised land is to stay the course with current leadership and the current franchise management approach that values stability. I don’t necessarily agree with that view, but it’s not entirely invalid either. I think some are saying that those of us who would like a fresh start at head coach are barking up the wrong tree, and they provide their views on what’s wrong other than Tomlin. I think Tomlin is part of the problem, but he’s not the only factor that’s had an adverse impact. Also, let’s be frank about Ben. He used to cover up warts, but he’s been one of the biggest issues recently. His play fell off a cliff mid-year in 2020 (I still think it’s knee degeneration). In 2021 he was barely a game manager. As bad as the late season and playoff collapses have been in recent years, I look back at the 2021 season and don’t know how we pulled off a winning season and playoff berth. I can’t say that Tomlin had no role in that. They certainly exceeded my expectations last season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There are a few people here that might actually be happy if we lose. They’ve been predicting doom and gloom for nearly two decades. Maybe they will finally get their wish

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    And then we will finally have a high enough pick to draft our Franchise QB of the future. 2023 top 5 here we come!

18. Greg95Lloyd

Greg95Lloyd Member

Jan 18, 2022
    What the hell does it matter...this team is going nowhere under Tomlin!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And not every HC needs the owner permission to fire his assistant coaches, the Panthers owner is clueless so far, he way overpaid for a college coach in Rhule.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    He used to be one of our owners. Was he clueless then or just since he left here? He's the owner, he can make a call on any move his team makes. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He was a minority owner, he was powerless with the Steelers, I doubt he had a say in anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    maybe that's why two of them left and got their own team. The minority owners wanted tomlin gone a few years ago and it fell on deaf ears.:cool:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Who was the other minority owner you're referring to?? The owner of the Browns??

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

People need to stop judging a hire if they are good or bad based on, and keywords were, previous teams they worked with. No one team the same in the NFL. I for one am personally happy though that the Steelers finally ended their OL Coach search. That said, hiring an Assisant OL is still a personal to do aspect from my point of view.

Given the fact that the team may very well likely have a another young Offensive Tackle, having two teachers can be more beneficial than one if done properly. Of course and, ad I always say, even a great teacher needs at least a good student to work with.

• Like Like x 1
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yes. jim haslam.:cool: