1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Rodgers came Here...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Feb 12, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Would You consider it a win if We signed Rodgers to a 3 year deal, and He won 3 League MVPs , but No SBs while here?
    Just a Question I've had running in My head ever since He won the MVP.
    Because I wonder if the fans, front office, and coaches of the Packers are as Happy about it as A. Rodgers is.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    No, I do not know when, but Rodgers is going to show signs of age sooner than later. Especially of he plays under a porous line like ours. Because he sat for a couple of years some may argue that his football years are less on the body, possibly, but we are not in a position as a team to throw that kind of money to a guy nearing 40. The Broncos are, they have a decent enough overall team to make a 2 year run. That's just mho, no doubt he could make the difference in a lot of those close games we find ourselves in and even compete for the division, but have a feeling the PO results would be the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    If he wins MVP, that's going to be a great shot at winning a ring. Because our defense was great and only had a bad day when they were on the field too much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's not the Question My Friend. If We signed Him,and all He got was MVPs , but No SBs would You consider it a win for the Steelers, and their fans???

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The usual characters would bash MT, Mr. Rooney, KC’s replacement, and tell us to quit living in the past. The rest would realize we had 3 good years and had a chance.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Pretty much what I thought.
    I have been wondering. I have a few Packers fans that want Him gone. They say it's really all about Him, and He cares nothing about team success, and just about individual success. So it got Me thinking.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t like Rodgers either, but if he came here and gave us 3 good seasons, I would give him credit for that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd rather trade up for Kenny Pickett than to go after a past his prime Aaron Rodgers. This team needs to get younger to compete in the AFC not older.

I'm not going to lie. 3 MVP's but no SB's would be disappointing to me. It would be exciting for those seasons but wouldn't amount to anything at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The whole point of supporting an NFL team is hope, knowing the outcome makes it pointless.

I would take three MVP level seasons with Rodgers in a heartbeat. That said, this roster is not a QB away from contention and I don’t think trading for him makes any sense really.

They could trade for him and go all in for two years, pushing cap down the road, signing free agents and trading for veterans like the Rams have done but that would be a major departure from their usual team building model. I think the Rams relative success could see other teams follow however.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Rodgers ain’t going to happen. My question about Pickett, does everyone want him because he’s a Pitt guy or really believe he’s “it”? I watched about 4 total quarters of him over 2 or 3 games, so I’ve seen a small body of work, but wasn’t blown away.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I wouldn’t trade for any current QB or trade up to grab one in this draft. They have too many holes and need every pick they can muster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I watched Pickett a few times and when I did I thought he was a real gamer. To me he is the most NFL ready QB out there but I also admit I don't watch much college football. If they don't take Pickett then I hope they just roll with Rudolph next year and give him the opportunity to either put up or ride off into back up QB career stability. No way do I want them to pick any other QB in this draft.

• Like Like x 2
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think Florio or Mad dog sports was talking about this two weeks ago. For all the personal achievements he has and as a fantasy football owner I'm grateful for his stats but he has 1 SB victory and let's be realistic if BA and Ben don't convince Tomlin of the stupidity of trying to pass the ball against the Packers he wouldn't have that.

To that end in response to your question for the amount it will take to get him to Pittsburgh anything less than a SB or multiple SB is not worth it. So no I would not consider it a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I like OL 1st round and DL or LB next round. Rodgers is too expensive and Not worth it. I am saying NO. I want to draft a QB next year. CJ Stroud tape blow the dust of this year's class and he is returning for one more college season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    That's how I feel. However it always seems like that for any team.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would not, Steelers organization should only be interested in SUPER BOWL WINS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes. Any fool can not win Super Bowls but to do it in style with an MVP QB would be a better product.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would feel the same exact way I do with Ben, lot of W’s, lot of happy Sundays but left me wanting more.

Rodgers and Bens career are very similar in that regard, not as many SB’s as you would think they’d have.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes ..I would mean we would close, had a chance! This ****show we've been watching for the past 11 years didn't have a chance!

The severe underachieving and blowout playoff losses...At least it would be fun to watch

20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Not a fan of Rodgers but he'd keep that punk kid Burrow in check for awhile. Right now, IMO, Bengals are going to own us with our choices at QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Lol. Our defense had there good moments but we’re far from ‘great’. Weren’t we last in rushing defense? How is that great?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

No doubt. Minkah was making way too many tackles against the run game. When your safety has to make the tackles it's not good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If Rodgers came here…. I’d immediately run out to my deck and look up for flying pigs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    31 other teams every year wonder this. :cool:

25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Have you seen all the excitement for TJ DPOY on here? It makes many think our defense was good last season.

Now multiply that by 5 of it were to happen on offense

HACK