1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How much would you pay to go to the Superbowl?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Feb 2, 2022.

1. $1,800

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. $7,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. $10,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $25,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. $36,000+

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Nothing. Not worth the price anymore.

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    SB LVI Rams Vs. Bengals face value tickets are $1,800. But wait. Every Single ticket was sold and bought up by ticket brokers before any public person could buy one. Cheapest ticket in the nose bleeds is selling for $7,000 and if you want something 11 rows from the field you will be expected to pay $36,000 +. This is all before Airfare (local Rams fans excluded), Hotel, Transportation, Food and Drink, other entertainment.

So, I ask you Steelers fans. Any of us Blue Collar people seeing the Superbowl live in our lifetime?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I probably won't, but I would pay......about three - fifty

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    A guy I work with has Bengals season tickets, and through the lottery, he got selected to buy 2 Super Bowl tickets for $2400 each. He bought them, and sold them the next day for $10,000 without even knowing what seats they are yet. I think it's insane that anyone would pay that much, especially not even know what section the seats are in.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not givin' you no three fitty!

• Like Like x 2
  5. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Are there even enough rich Americans paying $20,000 for two tickets to see a Super Bowl? That's disgusting. They will be bought by corporations and global elites.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You can bet our Governor, Newsom, will be there partying with the stars again. Of course, without a mask!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Might as well! You're paying for it. :lolol:

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I wasn't going to bring it up initially but they are requiring all people to wear a mask the entire time. This after everyone not demanding masks during regular season and playoffs. It would be great if right after the National Anthem, those who do not want to wear a mask every day just take them off and those that want to can continue if they choose to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There's pictures everywhere of Gavin Newsom and Magic Johnson together at the NFCCG maskless after he mandated that everyone at gatherings of more than 500 had to wear a mask, even if vaccinated...........unless you're a governor or an immuno-compromised former basketball player!

• Like Like x 1
  10. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I went to SB 32 because of work so I have it out of my system. I was in shock in the prices for the one this year.

Hope they get parking with that. Because I saw this on the local news here and died laughing.

Oh man, these rich guys better keep theirs heads on a swivel in Inglewood. Or they might have to start writing some very strongly worded letters.

11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    https://www.quora.com/Do-NFL-season-ticket-holders-get-Super-Bowl-tickets

“Your best chance for buying a face-value ticket to the Super Bowl is to be a season ticket holder with an NFL team. If your team is actually playing in the Super Bowl, even better. That's because the NFL divvies up 75 percent of all Super Bowl tickets to each team in the league using the following math:

• 17.5 percent to the AFC champion
    • 17.5 percent to the NFC champion
    • 5 percent to the host team
    • 34.8 percent are distributed among the remaining 29 teams (1.2 percent per team)
    The remaining 25.2 percent of all Super Bowl tickets are controlled by the NFL and sold to various partners, sponsors, media and networks

Not all of the Super Bowl tickets allocated to each team are sold to season ticket holders. Many will go to players and their friends and family. The remaining tickets are put into a lottery that randomly picks a lucky season ticket holder. The lottery winners can then buy the ticket at face value, which in 2018 was between $950 per ticket for nosebleed seats to $5,000 a pop for a skybox [source: Tornoe].

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well aren't You the lucky guy. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  13. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    That's right. A) keep your head on a swivel and B) know who's on the ice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yes, I would like to see a SB in person. No, I would never pay those prices even if it was comfortably affordable for me. That's outrageous. There are many other things I would be able to enjoy with that kind of money.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Flying across the country with some of the fools I see going crazy on planes means I’m not going for free even.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I wouldn't want to go, if the Steelers lost it would have been a waste of money for me. That being said, anyone who would pay the kind of money that is being talked about, simply have more money than common sense.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Nothing

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    I went to the Super Bowl in Tampa (Steelers-Cardinals) and the face value of my ticket was $800. I sold my other ticket for double that so that paid for my trip. So a Steelers Super Bowl win is off my bucket list. I wouldn't pay what they're asking for face value unless I had the same situation again, buy two and sell the other to pay for the trip and I want to be pretty sure that the Steelers would win and the game's in a warm-weather city.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ToyotaTacomaFan

ToyotaTacomaFan Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2022
    I read PARKING for this years Superbowl is over $1,000
    I guess some people have more cash than brains.
    Well if you have the money...............

• Like Like x 1
  21. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    In my opinion Football is more enjoyable on TV, and Baseball is more enjoyable live, Basketball is 50/50.
    If someone offered and paid for my ticket, or if I didn't have to pay that much (under 300.00) then yeah, It might be cool being able to say you went to a Superbowl.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have 2 say I Like Football equal....live , or on TV. Though when it's cold I like it better on TV. LoL. I would say out of all the sports I've seen live,and I can't think of one I haven't....Hockey is the one that is better Live than on TV. IMO

23. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    As far as cost, this is about where I am.

Going to a Steeler game is an experience, it's an event. I agree that the game itself is better experienced on TV but the atmosphere at the game is unique. I like hockey on TV, but it is much more fun to watch live. There's a lot to see that the camera misses, away from the play. I attended several playoff games at the old Civic Arena (AKA, the Igloo). Intense, rowdy atmosphere. Most fun I've ever had at a professional sporting event. Even if you are not necessarily a hockey fan, if an opportunity comes along to go to a playoff game, don't let it pass you by.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Don't get me wrong. Ive been to a few live football games in my life (Steelers included) and I did enjoy myself, it was fun. I just prefer to watch the game in the comfort of my own home, with cheaper and better food, and not have to deal with the nightmare parking and exiting after the game, as well as the drunk POS although they can be entertaining at times lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    So you pay all that money and miss the best part. The commercials:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2