1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brian Flores is a bad coach.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by FosterMorris, Jan 15, 2022.

1. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    If Mike Tomlin had been fired he would have been given a head coaching position elsewhere immediately and no one would complain.

When the Steelers interviewed three black men aged 42 or 43 years old for defensive coordinator that was lauded as "diversity" even though no other candidates were interviewed.

There is already a double standard and there is preference given to inexperienced non-white coaches over inexperienced white coaches- but that still is not enough. Why? Latinos and Asians are wildly underrepresented in the NFL. Why doesn't anyone care?

All coaches should need to submit to IQ testing. Players have to do it with wonderlic scores. Let's see if dumb white coaches are being hired preferentially over brilliant black coaches.

2. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Theres no doubt in my mind teams tank. Remember when Doug Pederson pulled Hurts when the Eagles were in position to win their season final?

Flores isn’t stupid as some on here think; verified by the fact he didn't take this step without concrete evidence.

Plenty of videos of lush John Elway slurring through interviews.

People have been talking about Rooney rule abuse for years. The only thing shocking about the Flores story is that its coming directly from the source and not a sports gossip show.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Hurts was 7/20 for 72 yards and 1 INT- his rating was 25. :facepalm:

Next you'll say Pederson pulled Hurts because he is racist. :lolol:

Elway is going to slur his way to another Super Bowl appearance within the next 2 seasons. Elway has played in 5 Super Bowls and been GM for 2 more.

Brian Flores is a losing coach who has never made the playoffs. You should say that back to yourself as many times as it takes to process it.

Imagine siding with Flores over Elway! :facepalm:

Fangio and Flores are both defensive coaches. After 3 seasons Denver has the 3rd best defense in the NFL and Miami has the 16th best defense in the NFL. They had the same number of playoff appearances... zero.

What is "Rooney Rule abuse"? Do you think John Elway stopped being an alcoholic when he hired Fangio? Do you think Elway was alert and attentive for Fangio?! :lolol:

Do you think Fangio never saw Elway inappropriately drunk at any point in 3 years? :facepalm: No. Fangio has dirt to tell but part of being a man is keeping it to yourself, and being thankful for the opportunity in the first place then looking for another one.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am steering clear of the racial aspect to this. All I am saying is that some of these Rooney Rule interviews are just token interviews. I can see how it would be frustrating to prepare for the biggest interview of your life, only to find out when you get there you aren't even being seriously considered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Just wanted to add to the Alcohol part of this.

Through business and coaching I have gotten to know and be around a lot of different people. You would be absolutely shocked if you knew how many prominent people, in various important roles are either drunk or high on a daily basis.

The Elway thing doesn't surprise me one bit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    The idea is it keeps that coach's name in coaching circles. The more interviews the better the chance of being hired. If Flores had gotten a job while other candidates were token interviews he would not have complained.

You acknowledge that Flores was terrible to work for and went through 4 offensive coordinators and 2 defensive coordinators in 3 years right? It's like Terry Bradshaw crying about the media then becoming the media and crushing Steelers every chance he gets.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Litigation process. :rolleyes:

Gee. That never happens in corporate America anywhere.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I brought something like this up before, and some thought it wrong. Why is nobody speaking for the Asian, and Latin people. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The NFL is just like any other business.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Thanks for proving my point.

• Like Like x 2
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Because the Asian and latin people arnt yelling Racist/ racism every time something doesn't go their way :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This could be it. I just believe if We are complaining about one type of people not getting a fair shake....all should be represented. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    All of this would be unimportant if all NFL teams and fans realized that this isn't an inconvenient hurdle that teams need to jump over but opportunities to build a relationship with many different coaches. Mike Golic said that HC interviews can last all day and as the process is narrowed they have several more opportunities to learn about the coaches they brought in. So maybe candidate x doesn’t have what they are looking for from a head coaching prospect but very intriguing as a DC or OC maybe an assistant coach or position coach. By taking the time to interview these prospects they can build a list of coaches they'd like to have as a part of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    As a black male, I typically don't get into these kind of discussions on message boards. But the reason why only black men are referenced is that the players are over 70% black but there is only one black head coach and no black owners in the club.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Mike Tomlin didn't play in the NFL. Neither did Brian Flores, Dennis Green, David Culley, Jim Caldwell, Marvin Lewis, Romeo Crennel, Lovie Smith etc.

There is no valid argument that Black coaches should dominate the NFL because Black players dominate the NFL- the best coaches typically were not the best players.

The best coaches start coaching in their early 20s and work hard for decade(s) to get a shot at a head coaching job in the NFL. It's only recently that the argument has been made that Black players are entitled to become Black
    head coaches immediately after retiring from the NFL, skipping the usual 15-20 year minimum journey undertaken by non-player coaches.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with what You say, but I don't think that's what zcoop was meaning.

17. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Well if any Black billionaires have been denied purchasing an NFL team I can't think of a greater injustice in the world. I'm eager to hear about it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe Broncos maybe the 1st.
    Not denying, but being bought

19. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Most of the teams have been owned for decades. NFL teams have such a cushy business model ripping off taxpayers for stadiums and shared revenue they rarely sell. I haven't looked into it but when there isn't a succession plan for when an owner dies that seems when teams are sold. How often does an NFL team change ownership? Every 5 years?

The Black billionaire who was denied purchasing an NFL team is imaginary, and yet there are still cries of "injustice." :facepalm:

20. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
  21. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Deadspin? :puking2:

Jim Caldwell is 67 now with a mystery health ailment. He was 63 the last time he was available for a head coach position. I'm guessing it is heart related. He should be retired.

Caldwell won 2 playoff games in his first season in Indy and then 0 the last 6 years as a head coach.

This was arguably the worst game management ever:

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don’t dispute anything Flores is saying, but damn he is pouring the gasoline and lighting a match.

Everyone was saying it was stupid he got let go in Miami, he was still a top candidate. I think, if not this year, he probably would have landed another NFL head coaching gig at some point in the near future.

Now, what is going to happen?

• Like Like x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Rooney Rule is flawed and it’s set up to create sham interviews for the token minority coaching candidate. I guess you could also say that it does give much needed exposure to minority coaches throughout the league. But I think what Flores has done is he’s made himself out to be a victim and now Hue Jackson has jumped on the bandwagon. Nobody wants someone with a victimhood mentality on their team or in their organization. They want winners and people who have the attitude that they can overcome any obstacle if they persevere and work hard enough and demonstrate success through the results that they obtain, nothing more nothing less. I just hate that now every time there’s a new coaching hire the first question on everyone’s mind is what color are they?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    WELL ITS NOT MUCH OF A HEADLINE, BUT WELCOME TO THE SPANISH FLOWER- I LIKE THIS GUYS MOXIE- NOT AS MUCH SUN HERE FLOWER POWER- GOTTA ADAPT- VITAMIN D- OR GET A TIME SHARE - HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY OR WHATEVER IT IS

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1