1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Najee does not want Mason or Haskins to be the Steelers QB next year...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Who does Najee want to be the QB next year? Apparently not Mason Rudolph or Dwayne Haskins.

Wow, he completely forgets to mention the 2 current QBs on the roster. That is going to be a fun locker room next year.

You have to wonder what the Steelers told him in his exit interview about the things they were planning for next year.

I still think with Tomlin in charge we have a shot at DeShaun Watson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Clickbait alert

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Some are fixated on Watson; I would stay far and away.
    But maybe the team feels like it is worth the risk.

If it were me, I would draft the QB I believe in.
    Build the Defense back and work on the oline.
    I would look to a vet that maybe can keep things going while my rookie comes up to speed.

Note: In this draft, there are no Lawerance's or Burrows.
    I think there is a starter or two and maybe another that if he gets drafted by the right team can be a starter too.
    Of course, who's that Vet? lol.... pickings are slim.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He has vouched for Rudolph in the past. I imagine the nature of these questions are if its not someone on the roster, then who do you like.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Roll out the tandem of Rudolph and Haskins for the next three years. Tank like the Titanic and draft Arch Manning when he declares

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Agreed. If this team was in a place like the Rams last year and you had a 2 or 3 year window then yes pursue a known QB, or like the Pat's last year knowing many players opted out and were coming back, plus the boatload you spent on FA, then scout your QB and make a move (though he fell to the Pats). But thus team is not on that position, nor is this QB class likely to produce a day 1 quality starter. We rarely make splash FA moves, but have the CAP space to fill some holes. Then continue to build through the draft. After the few big named QB, which could mortgage your future draft for years and financially as well..the others are less than stellar.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Would someone be so kind to tell us the three QBs he named? Because if they were Watson, Rogers, and Wilson, people really are making a mountain out of a molehill.

8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Watson, Rodgers, Jimmy G. Ends with "I am happy to play with whoever"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    So, this whole thread is a nothing-burger?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Since when is Tomlin in charge? Was he granted GM powers? Source?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
  12. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Putting an original round tender on Haskins is absolutely insane. No team would even consider this. As far as Rudolph goes, he has gotten rid of the happy feet he had in the pocket his rookie year. Not saying he is the answer but atleast he has progressed forward and not backwards like haskins

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019

Someone put the original round tender on Haskins and I can't see Colbert doing that and if he did someone better check his mental health

14. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Tomlin and Colbert are equals. Rooney signs off as President.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Is this actual fact or just rumors?

I know the reporters are reporting this already, but I didn't think you could start tagging players until after the Super Bowl.

16. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If Tomlin had power they probably would have at least offered Hilton a contract last year since he was Tomlin's guy. They didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This is why you never trust these idiots in the media. Let's just say this was true, and he is stirring up a controversy for omitting his teammates from consideration of being his QB next year. I'd say he's passed his first milestone for turning into another AB cancer on the team or for having zero situational awareness. Let's just hope this isn't true and I'd be thrilled to not have to worry about another issue on the team. JMO>

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

good review of haskins. why we are keeping him is beyond me. tomlin and colbert need to get their heads out of their arses. 1st round tender? really? more like first round pretender. :cool:

19. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Haskins is our 3rd string QB. Not sure why he keeps getting evaluated like he’s our starter. I think he showed last preseason he's not the guy but better than Duck Hodges.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    He’s asked who the next Steelers QB will be.

Mason and Haskins are already Steelers QBs.

Something and nothing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    do you dump first round tenders on a 3rd string qb? do they really think teams will be after him? :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Waste, UH, transitional season coming up IMO. Fix O-line, let Mason take his lumps. Draft or trade for franchise QB in 2023.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    They must have some word people are after him why I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I like it. Haskins was a lottery ticket that can be safely discarded. The drawing is done, and we didn’t have the winning number.

I also agree with his parting shot that the same applies to Rudolph. I have never dug deep into Haskins’ college tape, but I’ve watched every college tape I could find of Rudolph multiple times, especially after we drafted him. I wanted to see if there was anything there that would point to him having a good chance to be successful as a pro. It’s just not there. He threw a college route tree, and showed no ability to throw with zip over the middle or to the sidelines. It was all deep lobs, screens and fades to JW or Marcel Ateman.

• Agree Agree x 1