1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brian Flores is a bad coach.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by FosterMorris, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The " Brian Flores " situation...about to get a whole lot hotter.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He pretty much guaranteed he won't get another head coaching job. Even if he does, the question would always be asked, did he get the job on merit, or skin color? I wonder if someone is putting him up to it?

• Like Like x 2
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Just a coincidence he announced this Feb1, :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He’s not dumb. He must have come into possession of something so damning that he’s willing to risk any future he has for this.

If what he claims is true regarding the Miami owner, that owner should be forced to sell the team.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The Dolphins were not rascist when they hired him

But are racists when they fired him

The Giants were not racists until they didn't hire him?

No matter the outcomr of this laesuit good professional career is over

Enjoy your college coaching career

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

He just knows he can push a false narrative and if there is any pushback he can play the card, which he has.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    How do you know it’s false? Have you seen his evidence?

• Like Like x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe. Or, maybe he's just pissed and not thinking it through. Or, maybe, he's being bankrolled by a group of "social justice warriors".
    I'm a big believer that the best PERSON should be hired for the job. Skin color should be the last qualifier.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

What evidence? He claimed this, he claimed that, he claimed something else with a different team, he claimed John Elway showed up an hour late and was hungover while claiming he only got the interview because of the Rooney Rule. if all these horrible things continued to happen to him for forever and a day, maybe he should have wore a wire. Or perhaps he's making it all up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm confused is he for the Rooney rule or against it, ?? wasnt there 6 black head coaches in the league a few years ago, that's almost a qtr of the head coaching jobs in the league.. Surly they wasnt all fired because they are black..:shrug:......

12. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Exactly. Miami hired a non-white GM and HC and somehow they are still racist?!

"The black GM fired me!" :roflmao:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    It shows that Flores has severe personality or maybe even mental problems. Who the **** is Brian Flores to tell John Elway how to run football operations?! Elway won 2 Super Bowls as a player and 1 as GM. Flores hasn't even won a playoff game. He is a losing coach.

It's scary how people eat up what Flores is offering as a victimhood narrative... poor multi-millionaire victim. He wouldn't take a job paying $700,000 a year as a defensive coordinator somewhere so the world is racist against him. It's insane. Flores is literally claiming that he is miles better than every other coaching hire and the only reason he wasn't picked was his skin. Flores was denied his right to be the head coach of an NFL team...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    You might want to take a look at your favorite sports news channel

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Looks like Belichick accidentally sent him a text message congratulating him on getting the Giants job. The text message apparently came before Flores interview and was actually meant for the guy who actually got the job.
    So it looks like they possibly interviewed Flores with no real intentions of hiring him since the job wasn’t even available.
    Now that’s if I’m reading the timeline correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Might want to check your math. That’s closer to 19%.

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Tomatoe/ tomato

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Which is probably in violation of the Rooney rule, but lets be real here, most of the time teams know who they want to hire ahead of time. It's very rare for a Tomlin situation to unfold, where a guy comes in and blows them out of the water and ends up getting the job. Coaches are all known throughout the league. Teams know who they want to hire before they interview them. Sometimes there's more than 1 potential candidate, but for the most part, teams have a good idea of who they want.

So if the Giants did target someone, or even commit to him, before Flores was hired, that's not necessarily racism. In violation of the Rooney rule maybe, but not racism.

I could guy into what Flores was selling if his only complaint was against the Giants, but he's also accusing the Dolphins and Broncos of racism. While not impossible, the more people he accuses, the less I believe his side of the story.

Personally I'm a little sick of tired of these allegations. I wish it was illegal to settle lawsuits when racism allegations are involved. Both parties should have to fight it out in court until the bitter end present all their evidence. That way society will know who was lying and that person can be put through the ringer. I know why that's not realistic, I'm just talking in hypotheticals. I just get annoyed by these lawsuits where it's just mud slinging. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Either way, Flores will never coach again, and I'm leaning toward the side that says he shouldn't. If the Giants committing to another guy before interviewing him is all it takes to make him fly off the deep end, then he's not cut out for the NFL.

This also shows how dumb the Rooney rule is. A rule that forces teams to interview black people isn't a good rule. Who the hell wants to be interviewed due to a policy and not merit?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Maybe he did. Have to go through the litigation process for it to be presented.

He did release the text messages where he found out that they already gave someone else the Giants job before he interviewed.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't see how he's ever going to prove racism or discrimination. Now, if the Giants had said, "We really like you but, we're going with the less qualified guy because his skin is a different color" he'd have a case.
    I don't follow the Dolphins and don't know squat about Flores but, is there a chance that he's maybe, just maybe, a crappy head coach? Todd Bowles is a good coordinator but, a pretty bad head coach. Same with Norv Turner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes. Flores is a crappy head coach because of his attitude problems which are now on full display for the world to see.

Also, Flores destroyed the "I wanted Justin Herbert" narrative even further. Flores is claiming that Ross wanted him to break rules to go get a QB (Watson presumably). It makes no sense that Ross was set on Tua when he apparently tried desperately to acquire the #1 pick for Burrow, and also allegedly broke rules to acquire Watson... but he wanted Tua and refused to let Flores have any other QB?!

Flores was lying about wanting Herbert. The Dolphins will be able to prove that with emails. The Dolphins can prove Flores is a liar with a personality disorder. I expect the case will be settled and Flores will be paid just to go away rather than any of these details coming out.

22. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    @Marvology Why are you disagreeing with my comments?

23. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Because I disagree

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    My comment you disagreed with:

Can you explain to me how an owner hiring a black GM and black HC is racist?

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I actually think Brain Flores is telling the truth here. I have no doubt that some NFL teams do not take these Rooney Rule interviews seriously.

As for the Dolphins telling Flores to tank games, I believe that as well. How many times has it been suggested on this board that the Steelers tank games in order to get a higher draft selection. Some people just think that way. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that teams actually do this. Notice that it is always the perennial bad teams that conduct business this way.

• Agree Agree x 1