1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada to return for 2022

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 28, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

We do know the offense was for ben. They’ve all talked about how they adjusted everything for ben.They kept things from fichtner that ben liked. Removed things ben didn’t like etc. between the offensive line issues and Ben’s limitations we really have no idea what Canada wants to do. Next year will be interesting to say the least.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Damn, That's bad, I mean really bad. It's almost methed up.

3. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Uh yes

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    In theory...his offense sounds effective if executed properly and with elite athletic personnel but I see a square block round hole effect. I would love to be called out on this next year at this time if wrong.

Except for one good year...look at his resume...I dont get how he was selected unless he quickly became one of the fraternity members of the good ole boy club.

I try not to be negative but I am not a fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The problem is in the NFL every team has “elite athletic personnel” and gimmicky offenses normally get figured out pretty quickly by experienced and bright defensive coordinators.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Unless your a DC coordinators/ coach for the Steelers...#noadjustmentsmadehere ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    IMO he wants to move the pocket and this will cause run blitzers to respect their lanes and force DB'S to respect longer backside routes coming across the middle , this should improve running lanes and improve yac for quick passes as well as increased throws deeper down the middle ..IMO this is why Dobb's was kept because he is mobile capable I am sure they are looking for a better version , but at the moment I think he is a lock for the #2 spot and may start depending on who and what we get..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    We need a popcorn reaction button on this forum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Making the playoffs isn’t mediocrity.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I feel like losing the wildcard game kinda is though. Especially with it being even easier now for teams to make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    At the end of the day, the balance sheet is all that matters. Although I did hear attendance and ratings went down this year.

12. Tulsa

Tulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    If Canada wanted to showcase his offense, he had a perfect chance with no Ben against a winless team. Canada mustered one touchdown in just under 5 quarters and a total of 16 points. I don't see why we have to see a full season of that. Should be diagnosed already that Canada is not the guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Creeping in as a 7th seed and getting shown the door in the wildcard round... again.... and again is the definition of mediocrity. Not horrible. But nowhere near good either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I personally still have some Limited Edition 1942 Don Julio; a good bit even!! Care to savor some?! :drinks:

15. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Sounds delicious! I'm in.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:drinks:

Have other great wares!! That Julio though!!.... definitely hard to obtain in Canada; more expensive no less. One bottle costs anywhere between $209 to $229 CAD!! :eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Opposing team D-Coordinators will surely congratulate him for making their gameplans that much easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    On a serious note though.... I suppose this makes getting a Mobile QB top priority then. That said, how in Earth will Matt Canada perform even with one?! Time will tell.

19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Commitment to mediocrity. HORRIBLE. :facepalm:

20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hoping to see a Mike Munchak signing to balance this out.

Be curious to see what Canada could do without having to try an overcome O-Line problems.

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You guys and your Munchak dreams. They're giving the oline job to Chris Morgan.

22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Did he say that he expects the offensive coordinator to call plays for the offense?

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s being mentioned because Denver isn’t likely to retain him. His choices are find a new team or retire.

Steelers hired him once, not sure why you think it’s impossible they will again. They obviously didn’t promote from within when they hired him the first time.

You would hope after such a colossus failure with the last line coach that they would go all in for Munch should he be available.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    chiefs remade their offensive line. they have one of the best qb's in the league. one of the best wr's in the league. one of the best TE's in the league. still wasn't enough. sure we need more help on the o-line and at QB, but i think we will still be in trouble if we don't fix the inside linebacker position along with the former two positions. DB's are another spot. witherspoon needs to become a priority and adams on the d-line. we can't go into the season thinking arther mualet is the answer in the slot. haden? quite expensive but..... we need to spend some money in this area if we are to contend. munchak would be nice but it's not a fix all. we really have a lot of holes especially on defense. we don't even have a good DC or ILB coach on the team. we need more thinking with the head instead of the heart to fix this mess. we are bringing back the same futures picks so far. is that the answer? i know some will change but the vision of those in charge doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. it's not what player we get, it's the right player for the job. it's not what position we fix but what position fixes the team. it's not what coach but what coach fixes the team. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I covered Dewayne in Washington.
    I hated that pick, a shotgun QB with 1 year starting.
    Then he came to camp, and he just never hit the books to learn the system.
    I went to the Steelers Training Camp having forgotten Haskins was there, and right out of the box there's Tomlin dressing him down for what?
    not knowing the play.

I've admired Mason but he just can't seem to take it to the next level.
    He had the whole time Ben was injured and while there were some highs, there were a lot of disappointing moments.