1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Soprano's and Dexter

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Sep 3, 2021.

1. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Do you have Amazon prime? You know you can add showtime from that for like 10 bucks, which is the cost of 2 beers at a bar.

Or just download them with the bittorrent...

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have Showtime...I just Dvr it all and watch when the season is over. I don't like 2 watch one episode at a time...I don't have any streaming anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    "I have Showtime...I just Dvr it all and watch when the season is over. I don't like 2 watch one episode at a time...I don't have any streaming anything."

I like marathon watching stuff, but if a shows good, i can watch one episode at a time also.

I marathon watched Ozark earlier this year as i was late to that party and it was sooo good, but i noticed you can miss small things if you do it that way somtimes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I just hate the waiting for next week stuff. That's Why I do it that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Holy cow can't believe that episode. I guess Harrison is the new serial killer. Loved the way he took out Dexter.;)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving S.T.D.:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What??????? Took out Dexter. I hope You are lying.
    You knew I'd look. LoL.
    Same 2 You steel machine :thumbs_up:

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How many Episodes so far??? Asking because I only have 3 on my DVR.

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Up to episode 6 only 4 more. Pretty good. Kid playing Harrison does a great job or does Harrison even appear or did I give that away before:) I think I like Deb better in this then the original Dexter.

• Like Like x 2
  9. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Deb is great! Cant believe Angel came back! That was a shock.

10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Ok, hands down the best Dexter episode. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Well I think I got a pretty good guess how these last two episodes play out. Great acting job by the youngster playing his son.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Yea, Im worried for Dexter. I hope they can bring it back with another season, obviously depending on how this one ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    i absolutely hated the many saints of newark. the soprano's had sooo many great characters they could have dived in to their back stories and they didnt...:thumbsdown: instead they give a bunch of scenes to a chick that ultimately did nothing to further the story. there were so many useless scenes through out the movie. the only character they did anything with was tony's mother.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Absolutely was not a first rate job. Only thing I got out of it was who killed Chris's father.

• Like Like x 3
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I am digging where Dexter went in that last episode. I told my son we should look into it:) I am under the assumption that it was just going to be one season but I hope Showtime realizes they can do so much with this new version. Love me some Harrison!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I read their MAY be more seasons coming up, but they cant say too much yet, because this season is going on still. I hope Dexter makes it out of all this ok, but I think Angela is gonna bust him though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I thought it was ok. It was never going to be as good as the original show. The bar was/is set too high. Quite possibly the best show of all time.

18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Fantastic ending of Dexter IMO. And yes, the eyes got teary.

I can see the show's title should they go forward: Harrison, a real new beginning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    Meh...i have a few comments but i'll wait till S.T.D watches it so i dont spoil it for him.

20. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    better have a VPN if your going the torrent route. i got a very threatening letter years ago for downloading stuff.

21. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Yea, I don't do it anymore, especially since I work from home now.

22. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I highly recommend Dexter: New Blood. I think it can even stand alone for someone who nevet watched Dexter.

The Sopranos prequel wasn't great. I don't know why liberal directors and script writers are impelled to create a fictitious revisionist history of the mafia to prominently feature black "gangsters." On top of that the affair Dickie Moltisanti had would have gotten him killed. I felt the movie was an intentionally misleading view of what the mob life was.

23. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree. The point of TMSON seems to be to portray Dickie Moltisanti and his father as racist woman beating white trash? It seemed more of a social commentary than a mob story. The other part to that was showing Tony in the worst light possible with foreshadowing about Chris.

The Sopranos were based loosely on Roy Demeo's crew as part of the Decavalcante family. They really did butcher people in a similar butcher shop to Satriale's. To think regular street thugs would hit a made member of a ruthless mob family (that tortured and killed dozens of people) provoking a response from the Decavalcantes and Gambinos at the height of their power is dumb. The plot sucks. I hated the shootout scene.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have watched all the Dexter's, but still haven't watched New Blood yet. I have them on DVR. I got so much 2 watch I haven't gotten 2 it yet. I've been watching Doctor Sleep for 3 days. Hell I read the dang book faster. LoL. Seems like if it's not football ....I'm not watching much of anything.

25. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Is Doctor Sleep a movie or series?

We've been watching an Ozark a night