1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haskins vs. Rudolph. There are no winners here

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Jan 23, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    it makes perfect sense from a financial standpoint. They get him on the cheap or get a first round pick.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They can get him cheaper. Nobody has Haskins on their radar as someone they’re going to part with any pick higher than a 7th round flyer to obtain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What's ridiculous is to put a big investment like a newly acquired franchise QB behind a line which will require this franchise QB to throw dink and dunk 1.5 second passes so he doesn't get killed and ends up on IR. Then we're right back to Ben ball with a piss poor run game, AGAIN. Why do you think Ben had to get rid of the ball so fast? What's ridiculous is to get a franchise QB and believe that magically he will have a line that protects him, a viable run game, and our offense magically becomes balanced and competitive. Then what are we going to do to prevent giving up 200 rushing yards a game? This team needs time to get its act together and one offseason isn't going to mend all the wounds we have. I am an OL first believer and once we have the run and protection for the QB, then whoever is our QB can thrive better and stay healthier. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I will puke if Steelers waste a draft pick on a QB. Get Mariota, Trubisky or Fitzpatrick to compete with Rudolph and Haskins. This QB class is beyond weak.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Translation: tomlin don’t want no losing season lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah we need OL OL OL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    We have so many holes that we need to fill we absolutely cannot reach on a QB rd 1/2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Most articles about free agent QBs list the Steelers as being one of the teams interested in signing a free agent.

I hope they bring in one of the vets to compete with Mason this year.

9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't think Haskins even makes the team this year, so I am hoping this is wrong.

I think Dobbs will be our #3 QB this year, with Mason and a free agent battling for the #1 Job.

If Canada is opening up his entire playbook this year; Dobbs could be better option than either Mason or Haskins running the offense.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Steelers never tip their hand hmmmm. I watched the draft that Darrell Revis came out. Chris Berman said about 100 times the Steelers wanted Revis on national TV. The jets traded up three spots (one spot in front of the Steelers and took him. But hey the Steelers never tip their hand

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes because that proves your point LOL.

12. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You claimed no one knows what the Steelers are thinking. There are no leaks according to you

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Leaks no, but you can get an idea for who they want to draft in the first rd by who they bring in and who’s pro days they go to. They only draft people that Tomlin and Colbert both have met with, @AskQuestionsLater can tell us if it’s both or if they have drafted players that only one has met with but at any rate, that’s how you can get an idea but that’s all you can surmise because you don’t know how many of those player evaluations make it onto their board.

14. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    @hmmmmm learn how to use the board. You effed up the quote feature.

One of the board members claimed that the Steelers said they would draft a QB. I said no one said that because they don’t leak stuff like that.

16. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Anyone who thinks any team, besides maybe the #1 pick in some situations, says who they're going to take is being naive. The run-up to the draft is a huge collection of smokescreens, misdirections, and head fakes. Every franchise tries to hide their true intent as much as possible. With varying degrees of success, of course, since sometimes it's pretty obvious what they're going to do, but they still try. And you can't take the leaks at face value cause that's just planted misinformation half the time.

Google "NFL draft misinformation".

For the one board member to say "The Steelers said they were going to draft a QB. Why don't people believe them?" It's because we know how this whole thing works. I may have been born at night, but not last night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Yep I did. It’s weird that it’s even possible to do that

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If there is any indication on whom the Steelers may have interest in, @Steel_Elvis has alluded to the prospect of Sam Howell multiple times. There is merit to his claim as Kevin Colbert has been spotted a number of times at North Carolina games throughout the year. There is also Malik Willis to consider as well; Matt Corral the same.

19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

He nails the prospects of Rudolph

• Like Like x 1
  20. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Was just reading and enjoying the thread . Then I read girl-dad, WTF is that? Then I got stuck reading cuz i was wondering what girl -dad is .Ridder a trans or somthing? J/K . Steelers way behind in QB dept. but it will still be a blast watching how this all plays out over the next few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They also had scouts at North Carolina for Sam Howell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The OL won't be the same in 2022 as it was in 2021.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    So?

24. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Why are you worried about their money? Do you really think that 1.4 million is going to make a difference

25. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    What are the big additions?

• Winner Winner x 1