1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy P. Video

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jan 20, 2022.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I found this on YouTube yesterday and I'm sure others gave seen it and even more remember some of these moments but there were a lot that either I didn't get to see the game or just missed the plays. Ones where he judges the snap count gets through the line and is taking the QB down as he gets the snap. Truly great player.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Seen all of them. I haven't (luckily) missed a game since 1997.
    A special player He was.
    I don't know if it's on there but the tackle He did against ( I believe) Denver , when he tackled with His back 2 the player was something I just have never seen before.
    He made plays like He just wanted it more than anyone else on the field at that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There were games I couldn't watch due to location but once the started Sunday ticket at the Holiday Inn my brother was the kitchen manager for I never missed a Sunday. They had a technical problem on opening day when the had advertised the heck out if it, people were pissed and never came back. For four years basically my brother and I and maybe 4 others in the bar, never had to fight for a steelers game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I probably saw most of those plays when they happened. Watching them it is still tough to tell if you should watch for him tackling the QB or being in coverage. He and Lebeau were a perfect combination. Watching that video I forgot how fast he was. Much faster than the folks we have today, it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I wish the Steelers currently had a DB with his instinct, grit, and intensity. The guys in that room now are soft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Troy is my fav steelers player ever. Bettis was my 1st jersey, but troy is the first one I bought myself. Wish he made himself more available even in a once a month podcast type setting. He has so much wisdom and life perspective.

• Like Like x 1