1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

the rebuild has begun. this says it all. glenn don't open this.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    you say they’re in a holding pattern, but the gm still has a job to do and that’s build the 2022 broncos. The coach is there to coach. The general manager is there to build the team.

Your venison hunting comparison is pretty bad as there are commercial deer farms.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No one liked doing the same job twice. Signing a punter doesn't move the needle but pretty sure the GM won't make a move until the coach is named.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Don’t you know when you start a sentence you’re supposed to capitalize the first letter of the first word? The first letter of a persons name is supposed to be capitalized.
    Everybody messes up on punctuation from time to time, but dang man are you that lazy that you don’t even try?
    It’s lazy and insulting to everyone here. Do you want people to interact and discuss football with you intelligently?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Who put Wheaties in your bowl of piss?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Glenn is a professional ball buster.

upload_2022-1-19_17-27-46.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just having a bad couple days I guess

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hate when people do that crap too, it gets confusing trying to read their posts.

9. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    i have 2 say, i’m with u

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Huh? Mondaeux. Pierre. Hilton. Feiler. Cody white. leglue. Banner. AV. Ray ray. Redman. Spillane. Hassenauer. Rader. Kuntz. Scales. Nix. Plus others. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Colbert was Director of Football Operations when Tomlin became coach. Is that wrong? Thought he was the Steelers first GM?

When Tomlin was hired Colbert wasn't GM and they still made draft selections together. I've always thought Tomlin had significant input in the draft and that they tried to make decisions together.

Tomlin/ARII/Colbert make the big decisions together right?

Tomlin chooses his coaching staff, and has a big input into the players taken early in the draft. That's why Tomlin and Colbert go to pro days together.

I feel that Tomlin's eye for individual talent is his greatest asset.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know glenn, I have over 23,000 posts and it's never been a problem until you got a burr up your azz. You and steel 6 have a problem with me which I could care less about but here is a solution.

don't read them! Problem solved. :hi::cool:

• Like Like x 3
  14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    They were all futures players or were camp invitee's that managed to make it past final cuts to be either PS or depth. To be perfectly honest Mac, I have nevered been wowed by the futures list and some of the moves were always head scratchers to me, more like we want to have some rights to this guys because we think down the road they may be a good special teamer

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You aren't the only one that does that, that's one f the first things they teach you in school is to use capital letters for the beginning of a sentence, and names :shrug:.

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok now I'm worried people going all nutso on English, Strummer getting all intellectual on my hunting analogy, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria! Can really tell that the future is scary for us.

• Like Like x 3
  17. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    What else is there to discuss? Tomlin?, been there done that. Assistant coaches?, been there done that? Next year's QB?, been there, done that. O-line?, been there done that. D-line, Tuitt?, been there done that. Wrs, been there, done that. Punter on practice squad, been there done that. Draft?, there's a whole forum for that. Hall monitoring?, been there, done that. We have even discussed Steelers cheerleaders in the past. And now we are debating first grade grammar. This is why a team needs a new coach every fifteen years, to give us something to discuss.

• Like Like x 2
  18. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    How can you build a team without the head coach's input? That's dysfunctional.

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah we need fresh blood from time to time. I've been listening to NBC radio on Sirius lately. Once you get past wanting to have everything Pittsburgh talked about there is some real meaty subjects happening. Waiting for curbside service at McDonald's tonight heard snippets from Troy Aikman talking not only the Cowboys to task but football in general. He was saying the single coverage guy that the Niners put on Lamb, if that was Irvin he would have had at least 11 catches and 2 TD's and the Niners would have been run out of the building. Mike Golic was talking about coaching interviews yesterday and just some fascinating stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    again and i will type slowly for you. don't read it. :cool:

21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    No, for me the craziest is that they are waiting to sign a head coach, and then after that they are going to put the team up for auction selling it to the highest bidder.

Why not sell the team now, or last week and then allow your new owner to sign a coach he wants?

To me that is Cart before the Horse.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Are those their names? Is that why they’re capitalized?

And I agree—it’s backwards.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Respect my authori-tie says Hall Monitor

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes. What he said.

25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Nobody knows their names yet; so it could be Cart and Horse.

The family was trying to get some say in who gets to buy the team, but the trust is insisting it be an open auction with the team going to the highest bidder no matter who that is. The NFL would still need to approve the Sale.

This is why I am thinking that both Manning and Elway are out and it is going to be some random 3rd party Billionaire with no ties to the NFL or Denver that ends up with the Broncos.

• Informative Informative x 1